Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 06:35 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

The whole premise of being part of a herd is to follow, be a part of a group. If you break ranks, you're on your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 07:14 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
I think its funny when i hear some guy whining about working out in the yard..." whaaah ..its too hot..." what a bunch of ..well you know..
That's not what I hear. I hear guys complaining that their wives complain about them not doing their share of the housework, yet totally ignoring the yard work.

My advice:

I tell them to get her a couple of antiques for Xmas.
a wringer washer and a clothes line!

Old 12-26-2009, 07:27 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,785 times
I don't think it has a thing to do with women going to work, equal pay for equal work and all that. I think it has to do with so many men deserting their children and the upper management holding wages stagnant while charging more for everything. It's set up a situation where you can't raise a family on one income anymore. Both parents must work setting the family up for disconnection and emotional and financial failure. It's easier for a man to leave rather than fight an increasingly impossible financial and emotional situation. Thus, the next generation is destabilized and far less likely to grow to their potential and challenge those currently in power.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:43 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,028 times
Both parties should work...it is the 21st century...id never marry a woman who wanted to stay at home (very un-attractive) and not pursue a talent or career...nor would i teach this to any of my children...its called balancing all aspects of one's life...and it can be done..

I do completely agree that more needs to be done about work wages...who can live on 9 bucks an hour??... I think wages should be based upon age... with teenagers and retirees making less then someone in their later twenties to retirement age...these people deserve to be paid well.. not the kid who lives at home..or the retiree who has a home and is only working to take up some of their spare time..( sorry if that gets under a few people but seriously,,) ...but that is for another area of the forum...

Old 12-26-2009, 07:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
per OP
yes indeed
the american mind set. if it didnt happen to me it didnt happen.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:48 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Both parties should work...it is the 21st century...id never marry a woman who wanted to stay at home (very un-attractive) and not pursue a talent or career...nor would i teach this to any of my children...its called balancing all aspects of one's life...and it can be done....
That's easy to say until you crank out a kidlet or 2. Then it would be wonderful for a family to have the luxury of the Mom staying home with the kids.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:17 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,028 times
..you know, ive thought that very scenario...then see my sister who is in the medical field busting her ... while my brother in law just isn't doing all that much..even though he also spent many exhaustive years in college pursuing his chosen career field... there are 3 nieces and my nephew in that house and as a man, i can't imagine just not contributing to the household i have created... if his lack of initiative is due in part to resentment...then why did he marry in the first place... as her brother, it really frustrates me seeing this happening..even though i understand that it is their life...

now, if my wife wanted to take a year or two off right after the birth of our child,..that makes sense but i really feel that the days of the one working spouse households just won't cut it in today's reality..whether we want it this way or not...

like id said, one's work life and family attention can be balanced if both people are willing to do so... just my opinion i guess..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships