Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 01:08 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times

Advertisements

Did you skip the part of where they were used? For all we know he could of stole them off someone. Sounds like his style by the Kohls comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 01:09 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,350,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRedRain View Post
Ok, I get what happened now. He bought cheap jewlery and lied about how much they cost.

Jamiedawn is a golddigging creep and got upset that she didn't get an "expensive" gift. The poor gentleman probably lied to her because she knew how much of a gold digger she was and was trying to preserve the relationship. I still say the guy's lucky that she's going to leave him, minus 170 or so dollars that could have gone to getting a new Eharmony account so he can find somebody that's not trying to use a man as a cash resource.

Men are much more than ATMs. If you really appreciated your man and men in general, you'd realize that and enjoy the time you guys spend together rather than jewlery. My GF appreciates the time we go out ice skating or hiking much more than she would ever appreciate anything made out of gold. Maybe if you were that kind of woman, you wouldn't have relationships that would only last for 4 months.

I'm done.
Yes, you are done because you're an idiot. Thanks for the laugh though!

Old 12-27-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Did you skip the part of where they were used? For all we know he could of stole them off someone. Sounds like his style by the Kohls comment.
I think coldhearted, I mean coldredrain, skipped a lot of what I said and likes to jump to conclusions and look like a ninny.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:46 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I think coldhearted, I mean coldredrain, skipped a lot of what I said and likes to jump to conclusions and look like a ninny.
LOL, I knew some smart @ss would come along and think "materialistic golddigger" and over look the lies involved.

That crap would've gone straight to my trash can, right along with his lies.

Last edited by virgode; 12-27-2009 at 02:02 PM..

Old 12-27-2009, 02:08 PM

383 posts, read 900,725 times
Well, let's hear the "lies". So far, all I saw was your man lied to you about the worth of the jewlery. Did he comprimise the sanctity of the relationship in any way by financially/physically/emotionally abusing you, pretending to be exclusive with you while he was with another woman or misrepresenting who he is with the intnetion of abuse or cheating? Despite your shaming language, you still haven't answered the question. What were the "lies". So far, you seem like you're just trying to inflame people's emotions and get people to instantly sympathise with you while trying to use the man for financial gain. If you weren't really using him for financial gain, why were you waiting until after Xmas to break up with him?

I'll be waiting for your response, 49er.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Well, let's hear the "lies". So far, all I saw was your man lied to you about the worth of the jewlery. Did he comprimise the sanctity of the relationship in any way by financially/physically/emotionally abusing you, pretending to be exclusive with you while he was with another woman or misrepresenting who he is with the intnetion of abuse or cheating? Despite your shaming language, you still haven't answered the question. What were the "lies". So far, you seem like you're just trying to inflame people's emotions and get people to instantly sympathise with you while trying to use the man for financial gain. If you weren't really using him for financial gain, why were you waiting until after Xmas to break up with him?

I'll be waiting for your response, 49er.
First, I said there were many lies, and he had been warned time and again to stop with the lies. This was the final lie, which happened on Christmas night, which is why it happened after Christmas.

Second, tell me why I should explain to YOU the other lies he has told me.

Third, I have said a few times that I think I should at least offer the gifts back to him.

Fourth, a lie is a lie. For you to think a woman should put up with lies as long as her man isn't cheating or abusing her is very pathetic. I, on the other hand, believe a relationship can't last without trust, and when you're doubting everything that comes out of your man's mouth, it doesn't equal a great relationship.

Fifth, I told you I had been married for almost 20 years to a liar. But you think I can't stay in a long relationship?

So you'll just have to forgive me if I think trust is an important thing and refuse to put up with it again.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
LOL, I knew some smart @ss would come along and think "materialistic golddigger" and over look the lies involved.

That crap would've gone straight to my trash can, right along with his lies.
Well, you know what's funny. I wouldn't even be here asking others their opinion on the gifts if I was just a cold hearted gold digger that cared more about the monitor than I do my relationship. I wouldn't even have thought at all that I should give them back. Some people just really want to see the worst in others, which is something I do not understand.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:41 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
Keep the conversation on topic and civil. Don't attack one another or I'll close the thread. Thank you.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:58 PM

383 posts, read 900,725 times
So, let's hear the "lies" this guy told you.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:25 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
So, let's hear the "lies" this guy told you.
The originally posted question was clear enough and, if you had read it, you would maybe comprehend that a simple opinion on whether or not to return gifts after breaking up was all that was required. If you need a complete psychological profile and history on any poster who has a question then you're probably in the wrong place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships