Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 12:51 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
As a black guy who is open to dating all shades of Big Beautiful Women - but tends to attract voluptuous white ladies - I think I can answer the question with a bit of perspective.

Black guys tend to be socialized to appreciate fuller figures in general. Say there's two guys, a black dude and a white dude, who happen to share the same fondness for a size 22 female. It's not so much of a stretch for the black dude to get to know her when the "typical" black guy might be attracted to a size 14-16. Meanwhile, in the white guy may have been taught that Paris Hilton is ideal so he might be not as quick to pursue due to peer pressure.

When talking specifically about black men and white BBWs, there may be some truth that some people are "settling" - or fulfilling some "fetish" of stereotypes - but for the most part it is more like a mutual admiration society. The dudes appreciate the ladies' curves and the ladies appreciate the dudes' genuine attention and affection.

So that's what's up.

Very eloquently stated.............. as I was reading this thread I was trying to figure out how I could state what you have here without being offensive.

There is most definitely a cultural reason for the appreciation- and lack thereof of different body shapes and sizes.

But as dukester2 stated, beauty is more than skin deep...... but I guess it's that skin that grabs attention to encourage a second and more intense look.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:52 PM

926 posts, read 1,460,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperX View Post
They arent more attracted for the most part other than the things I mentioned thats just the thing for one reason because there are some no good blacks vicious murderer types but yet due to them being black the BBWs stay in the group.
Wow, and double Yoi!! Dude, you need to think before you write, if it's possible that you can. I'm shocked that you only have 7 rep points...I would think the no good blacks vicious murderer types here in CD would nominate you for the poster boy of the NAACP. I's bets they's shore hasta have a lots of foods at them banquets to feed all of thems big ole cornfed white wimmins.

You need a course in diversity training or something...sheesh!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:16 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Very eloquently stated.............. as I was reading this thread I was trying to figure out how I could state what you have here without being offensive.

There is most definitely a cultural reason for the appreciation- and lack thereof of different body shapes and sizes.

But as dukester2 stated, beauty is more than skin deep...... but I guess it's that skin that grabs attention to encourage a second and more intense look.
Thanks for the luv.

I definitely agree that beauty is more than skin deep... but yes for many people, there's gotta be something that initially "grabs" you to get to know that person better.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:19 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
Wow, and double Yoi!! Dude, you need to think before you write, if it's possible that you can. I'm shocked that you only have 7 rep points...I would think the no good blacks vicious murderer types here in CD would nominate you for the poster boy of the NAACP. I's bets they's shore hasta have a lots of foods at them banquets to feed all of thems big ole cornfed white wimmins.

You need a course in diversity training or something...sheesh!
Yeah man, I was trying to hang in there with Flipper's opinions - I've certainly seen more blatant remarks on this site - but that last one was just too much.

And yeah... nothin' like big ole cornfed white, brown, black, red or yella wimmins!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
Yeah man, I was trying to hang in there with Flipper's opinions - I've certainly seen more blatant remarks on this site - but that last one was just too much.

And yeah... nothin' like big ole cornfed white, brown, black, red or yella wimmins!
I'm as lily white as an embarrassed damn albino but it just torques my gut to read such small mindedness...GRRR

Old 05-21-2007, 01:28 PM

923 posts, read 3,513,393 times
I believe those "White Girls" you talk about have NO self-esteem and Like to get abused...

Old 05-21-2007, 01:40 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times
Default I don't understand this

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
I believe those "White Girls" you talk about have NO self-esteem and Like to get abused...
Is that a joke? I'm seriously asking....if it is, it's not funny - if it's not, you need to go find Flipper or something....

Old 05-21-2007, 01:55 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Is that a joke? I'm seriously asking....if it is, it's not funny - if it's not, you need to go find Flipper or something....
Didn't ya get the memo? Only black men are capable of abuse.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:59 PM

And they said They Only Come Out At Night..WOW!

Don't worry yayoi, your comment was taken as it was meant to be taken...lol

Old 05-21-2007, 02:02 PM

Wanted: BBW who likes abuse and will settle for a mere caucasian who is not quite up to speed of whoopin ya real good, but I'll try my best. I'll say things like 'Yo' and 'Dawg' because I know that you would really rather be with a Black Man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships