Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 08:01 PM

51 posts, read 88,059 times

Advertisements

Hi i hope all of you had a wonderful christmas and i wish you a happy new year. As for my new resolutions concerning the forum i have decided to drop the "like" and other things.

This question is for a friend. we arleady had some interesting feedbacks but i need men's opinions (women's as well no discrimination). So my friend asked that guy to hang out with her yesterday and he apologized saying he could not but he asked for her number, as they had been shortly interrupted by some friends, she just changed the subject, fell embarassed and did not give him her number.
now she's wondering if by asking for her number he was interested was he just trying to be polite not intending to call her?

thank you so much for your help again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 08:29 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
I think if he were truly interested he would have pressed for her number before she or he left.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:35 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily9875 View Post
Hi i hope all of you had a wonderful christmas and i wish you a happy new year. As for my new resolutions concerning the forum i have decided to drop the "like" and other things.

This question is for a friend. we arleady had some interesting feedbacks but i need men's opinions (women's as well no discrimination). So my friend asked that guy to hang out with her yesterday and he apologized saying he could not but he asked for her number, as they had been shortly interrupted by some friends, she just changed the subject, fell embarassed and did not give him her number.
now she's wondering if by asking for her number he was interested was he just trying to be polite not intending to call her?

IMO, she should still give him her number. He could have not wanted everyone in the room to know he was interested? If he still won't give it, that should be a clue he wasn't interested. Rugged

Old 12-27-2009, 08:41 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,465 times
I think he was genuinely busy and wanted to get with her later. We are pretty straight forward about these things. If he wasn't interested he wouldn't have asked for her number.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:41 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
why did she feel embarassed and change the subject if he had prior plans than he was busy but since he asked for her number than he might of been interested in hanging out when he was able to if she liked him she should of gave him her number but him not pressing for says that he was not to interested but who knows as we were not there he could just be shy and did not want to ask her for her number again.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:43 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I think if he were truly interested he would have pressed for her number before she or he left.
No guy wants to look like he's "begging for her number" in front of his friends. If he asked and she said no, he figures she's not with it and will move on.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:55 PM

well i know the two did not have a chance to talk (friends around) and she's pretty shy first she did not want him to know that she is interested so i guess when he says no she was maybe not expecting that answer and did not know how to react. you think it's a good idea if she just gives him her number next time?

Old 12-28-2009, 12:15 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,587 times
Quote:

So, like, are we not, like, allowed to say, "like", like, ever again?

Really now, ya know we're just screwin' with ya.. Hell, everyone has their own mannerisms on here - I'd hate to know what people think of mine!

Ok, so to answer you're question: You need to smack that chick around a little and offer her carcass to the vultures. Really, when a guy asks for a chick's number, he's either interested, or he's gay.

But him a Cher CD. If he whoops and hollers, I think you have your answer.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:18 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
well i know the two did not have a chance to talk (friends around) and she's pretty shy first she did not want him to know that she is interested so i guess when he says no she was maybe not expecting that answer and did not know how to react. you think it's a good idea if she just gives him her number next time?
she likes him but does not want to let him know she interested in him
as a guy I can tell you we are not very good with subtle hints if she likes him she should let him know

Old 12-28-2009, 01:15 AM

she said she fears rejection GTOlover! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships