Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I am puzzled why you'd admit "you were wrong", when you don't seem to think or feel that you were wrong.

I don't like treating people "with kid gloves", but I suppose you have to pick your battles.
If my actions weren't effective, then I did something wrong. But it's not totally my fault. It takes two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Why? So she expects this over the top baby treatment all the time? I think you should be yourself and these types of situations can be personal revelation settings for "yeh..this is not going to work out..bye" Why fake it and prolong it? If one can't even not fight about some stupid crap like this without making a big issue...how is one going to handle real problems.
I do agree. It's a childish and immature thing to throw a tantrum about. I wonder if a real problem occurred how she would handle it. This is a minor thing, and she's making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
If 33% is close, that is just shameful. What a bunch of .

But, hey, you definitely get my respect for effort. Reps for you IZ.
Thank You!

Old 12-28-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It IS! Most women would've done just what you said. Evidently it doesn't come "naturally" to most men.
My girl Sierra- right on time! LOL

Old 12-28-2009, 10:54 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
My girl Sierra- right on time! LOL
Always happy to be of service, iceberg!

Old 12-28-2009, 10:55 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,179 times
Sir the reality is this. Yes she does feel her breaking down is 10X more important than that thing you were pre-occupied with (oh yeah WORK), and ANYONE other than her father, or you who was coming to her assist was automatically going to be described as "creepy". Why? To further illustrate the point she wants to make to you that she (in her mind) could have been killed and murdered instantly all because YOU had better things to do (like your job). In the future either take off if you can, or call her and make sure she feels you care. You obviously do care, but she calls it differently, so you now don't care by default. What was going on for you is irrelevant to her, and even though she knows your the type who is focused on what you are doing at the time the only right answer here is to drop whatever you are doing and run to her aid. Anything less and you'll get painted with the "He doesn't really care about me brush". BTW you do know you will eventually have to either help buy or buy her a new car because once a car breaks down it can NEVER be fixed again. Disclaimer: men act this way too!

Old 12-28-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
What? She sounds like a baby. Call her? Her car broke down for heavens sake! Whatever...I am a female and I would not of bothered to even call you in the first place. She then calls her daddy who is also late? Sounds like princess needs a new footstool and you are up for the job.

That was my initial thought on it. But for the sake of us, I'm willing to make amends. I think that's bigger than standing by my principle to "[wo]man up". I told her this is why I apologized and admitted to being wrong when she said she told me she didn't feel she was wrong on any account in this incident. I agree, she needs to realize that just because her feelings were hurt over the incident does not indicate there wasn't anything she could have done to make a better outcome.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
Sir the reality is this. Yes she does feel her breaking down is 10X more important than that thing you were pre-occupied with (oh yeah WORK), and ANYONE other than her father, or you who was coming to her assist was automatically going to be described as "creepy". Why? To further illustrate the point she wants to make to you that she (in her mind) could have been killed and murdered instantly all because YOU had better things to do (like your job). In the future either take off if you can, or call her and make sure she feels you care. You obviously do care, but she calls it differently, so you now don't care by default. What was going on for you is irrelevant to her, and even though she knows your the type who is focused on what you are doing at the time the only right answer here is to drop whatever you are doing and run to her aid. Anything less and you'll get painted with the "He doesn't really care about me brush". BTW you do know you will eventually have to either help buy or buy her a new car because once a car breaks down it can NEVER be fixed again. Disclaimer: men act this way too!
Yeah, agreed. I don't know about buying her car crap, though. Yeah if we do wed then the 'Yours/Mines/Ours' principle is in effect but until that point I have to choose to help her or not; it's not expected. And i

Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
Yeah, agreed. I don't know about buying her car crap, though. Yeah if we do wed then the car comes under 'Yours/Mines/Ours' principle in effect but until that point I have to choose to help her or not; it's not expected. And if she feels that way she better open her mouth and say something.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Why? So she expects this over the top baby treatment all the time? I think you should be yourself and these types of situations can be personal revelation settings for "yeh..this is not going to work out..bye" Why fake it and prolong it? If one can't even not fight about some stupid crap like this without making a big issue...how is one going to handle real problems.
Pitt and STT

I don't think it's a dealbreaker, but it makes for a good opportunity to look at behaviors on a deeper level. I'm no doormat, but I know some softening issues to work on. This type of problem will be met somewhere in the middle for it to work with us.

I'm not faking it; I approached her and we discussed it. She feels she wasn't wrong on any account here, which makes me look even deeper and question whether this is some damsel in distress entitlement feeling she has when she is dealing with someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships