Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 09:18 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,797,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
See that's weird to me. I have an easy time gaining weight AND losing weight. Ideally I try to stay up around 205-210. But for some reason it's easy go above or below that weight. =-/
If you don't do anything funny and just do minimal exercise, say an hour a week, your body will naturally go to its normal weight. As soon as you start pigging out or working out, it should head in one direction or the other. My normal body weight is probably 155 at 6' 0" and I have a small body frame. When I get up to 170 I look absolutely shredded but it becomes a chore to maintain that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Yeah , I was imagining that you would have to continue over-eating. But I see the risk that you wont have a nice atlethic body after you stop training, you would probably just develop a bulge around your waist.

Yeah once you get to the weight you want you don't just "win" and get to stop. It will require me watching my diet and working out 5 or 6 times a week...possibly everyday at that point, which is fine by me since I'm fairly active anyhow. I can't really get fat either. My natural body weight is like 155 and I would have hardly any stomach fat. If I did nothing but watch tv and drink melted ice cream I may get to 160ish and have a gut but my metabolism is so high it would make it a struggle.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:20 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,517,308 times
Yeah, I think my normally body weight is right below 200 or so if I'm not lifting.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:54 PM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
I imagine I'll have to eat just as much to maintain it and my workout routine changes constantly anyhow. Anytime you go outside your normal weight range it takes continuous eating/dieting to maintain it...
That's a bit confusing, and I think the way you phrased it is not quite right. A person's "normal" range is what is normal for THEIR lifestyle. If someone normally walks 10 miles a day as part of their normal activity, then they will most likely be able to consume more calories than someone with the same build and metabolism, who has no activity in a normal day.

A person's normal activity and diet, IS considered "maintenance".

Old 01-19-2010, 10:00 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,797,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That's a bit confusing, and I think the way you phrased it is not quite right. A person's "normal" range is what is normal for THEIR lifestyle. If someone normally walks 10 miles a day as part of their normal activity, then they will most likely be able to consume more calories than someone with the same build and metabolism, who has no activity in a normal day.

A person's normal activity and diet, IS considered "maintenance".
That sounds like you're debating the definition of normal to me. You know what I mean though.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
That sounds like you're debating the definition of normal to me. You know what I mean though.
I know what you meant. I just thought it was a bit misleading the way it was worded. A permanent change in diet and activity is exactly the way to lose weight, OR gain it. Your previous normal changes and becomes a NEW normal. "Continuous eating" is required by everyone, to live. And "dieting" is a bad word. Let's not use that anymore - okay??

Sorry....I'm being anal. One of my many faults.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:16 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,663,567 times
I got in the gym at 5:30 and got out barely half an hour ago. It's been a while I've worked out four hours straight

And I had soup in between to give me some intermediary strength.

And for the curious, she cited irreconcilable differences. I went to Best Buy and the buggers locked me out and closed

I've been holding off on buying this beauty coz I wondered if I could get her something instead. There's nothing to stop me right now. I've been unfettered and have been let to go graze

Old 01-19-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I got in the gym at 5:30 and got out barely half an hour ago. It's been a while I've worked out four hours straight

And I had soup in between to give me some intermediary strength.

And for the curious, she cited irreconcilable differences. I went to Best Buy and the buggers locked me out and closed

I've been holding off on buying this beauty coz I wondered if I could get her something instead. There's nothing to stop me right now. I've been unfettered and have been let to go graze
I'm jealous of the 4 hour workout. My longest is three.

Go for the laptop!

Old 01-19-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'm jealous of the 4 hour workout. My longest is three.

Go for the laptop!
There was a freaky incident today. There is a class called Yoga sculpts. You basically do yoga with weights

Yoga itself is cranky and twisted and weights with it?? And a female dislocated her hip bad. The medic vans and cops were all over and they wheeled her out to the hospital.

And I was getting asked to attend this class coz it's so great by another friend. Well..........

Old 01-19-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Afraid that's a very ambitious task!

Actually, if you didn't live there, you might've still had a GF!
You're having your best moment, aren't you? I can see the smile on your face!

Old 01-19-2010, 10:35 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,396,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
There was a freaky incident today. There is a class called Yoga sculpts. You basically do yoga with weights

Yoga itself is cranky and twisted and weights with it?? And a female dislocated her hip bad. The medic vans and cops were all over and they wheeled her out to the hospital.

And I was getting asked to attend this class coz it's so great by another friend. Well..........
It was freaky all over the place today. I saw a bunch of cops attending accidents and "other" things all over my neighborhood today. Must be something in the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.