Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 05:14 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

Chowchow, you got your second star. Nice.

My allergies are so bad. I got hit like a brick coming back to town with all the crap in the air. I sound like Rachel Ray, ew.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:41 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Hmmm the ONE time I am actually posting at night (DH went out w/ friends) the board seems dead.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:42 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Hmmm the ONE time I am actually posting at night (DH went out w/ friends) the board seems dead.
Yeah me too. I was waiting for my son to get home so we could go work out, and this place is quieter than a graveyard.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:45 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yeah me too. I was waiting for my son to get home so we could go work out, and this place is quieter than a graveyard.
I know! It seems like I'm always missing good stuff at night so I'm on here tonight and...nada, zip, nothing. No one posting pictures, no fun troll threads...nothing.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:10 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,707 times
I missed the post as well, but I have recognize serious pathology in a certain poster's missives here. Said poster is in my local area and was to attend a gathering of fellow CD'ers. I felt relieved that I was scheduled to work...

Speaking (typing) in a general sense, we all have our idiosyncrasies and pecadilloes... but some things cannot be explained away by personality 'quirks'.

On a lighter note, worked last night and was glad to see that I did not need to plow through thirty pages of posts to catch up! Sometimes a "dead board" is a "good board"!

Also news that no one cares about: I DVR the show Intervention. Watched last night's episode today and was blown away. Nothing crazy, an alcoholic man and his family, but it is amazing what we can overcome. Rarely do I cry at movies or TV but these brothers hadn't spoken in years, and they let all that anger go.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
I missed the post as well, but I have recognize serious pathology in a certain poster's missives here. Said poster is in my local area and was to attend a gathering of fellow CD'ers. I felt relieved that I was scheduled to work...

Speaking (typing) in a general sense, we all have our idiosyncrasies and pecadilloes... but some things cannot be explained away by personality 'quirks'.

On a lighter note, worked last night and was glad to see that I did not need to plow through thirty pages of posts to catch up! Sometimes a "dead board" is a "good board"!

Also news that no one cares about: I DVR the show Intervention. Watched last night's episode today and was blown away. Nothing crazy, an alcoholic man and his family, but it is amazing what we can overcome. Rarely do I cry at movies or TV but these brothers hadn't spoken in years, and they let all that anger go.
I saw the ads for that show a while back..but never have seen it. Reality TV just keeps pushing doesn't it?

Old 01-26-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I saw the ads for that show a while back..but never have seen it. Reality TV just keeps pushing doesn't it?
Indeed. But this show has been around for about eight years now, and is really well-done. My previous work is in counseling adolescent and young-adult addicts, and the approach that these interventionists take is controversial, but it often gets the person to treatment, which is a huge part of the battle.

I actually arranged for an intervention on one of my family members with a paid, professional interventionist. Family member went to treatment and stayed sober for over two years. Really high recidivism rate for so many substances, but if the plan is to get the person to treatment, an intervention is generally successful.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Indeed. But this show has been around for about eight years now, and is really well-done. My previous work is in counseling adolescent and young-adult addicts, and the approach that these interventionists take is controversial, but it often gets the person to treatment, which is a huge part of the battle.

I actually arranged for an intervention on one of my family members with a paid, professional interventionist. Family member went to treatment and stayed sober for over two years. Really high recidivism rate for so many substances, but if the plan is to get the person to treatment, an intervention is generally successful.
Eight years???? Seriously? How is it I never heard of it? Oh well...it's probably online, maybe I'll check it out sometime. I have only OTA tv.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Eight years???? Seriously? How is it I never heard of it? Oh well...it's probably online, maybe I'll check it out sometime. I have only OTA tv.
Sorry, what is OTA?

Old 01-26-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Sorry, what is OTA?
Over The Air. No cable. I get all the major broadcast networks just fine over the air, and since it's all in HD now, it's even better. But if there is someone on a cable network I want to see, I can usually catch it online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships