Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Oh, I love that show. I DVR all the episodes.
Yeah me too. It's amazing how much gets left out. My relative's intervention lasted four hours. It was exhausting. Now I see why professionals make big money to do it.

Plus people can get violent. Especially the methamphetamine addicts. Lately around here we've had people OD on DMT and angel's trumpet. THAT is scary. They come to and they have the strength of ten people. Crazy.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:14 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,893,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Yeah me too. It's amazing how much gets left out. My relative's intervention lasted four hours. It was exhausting. Now I see why professionals make big money to do it.

Plus people can get violent. Especially the methamphetamine addicts. Lately around here we've had people OD on DMT and angel's trumpet. THAT is scary. They come to and they have the strength of ten people. Crazy.
I've read slightly about angel's trumpet......is that like morning glory seeds...I'll have to Google DMT. Wow. Four hours. I had no idea!

I remember that episode with the girl with the inhalants (the computer cleaning air product). I'll never look at those things the same way again. My boyfriend can't watch that show. But I watch all of them.

I so appreciate the work you do. I had no idea about what doctors go through til I read that Weekends at Bellevue book.

I read some of the blogs of doctors and nurses online. It's hard to be a doctor and nurse. I never wanted to be one, but I see it's not all Florence Nightingale and Ben Casey. Sick people are lots of work.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:21 PM

52,257 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:

I so appreciate the work you do. I had no idea about what doctors go through til I read that Weekends at Bellevue book.

I read some of the blogs of doctors and nurses online. It's hard to be a doctor and nurse. I never wanted to be one, but I see it's not all Florence Nightingale and Ben Casey. Sick people are lots of work.
I agree too.

I had a wake up call to the medical professionals with my experience with my Mom, when she was diagnosed with cancer, through her stay at a nursing facility with the hospice workers.

They all did a great job, I'll never forget any of them.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 PM

OK, I Googled both and some people even had problems after touching Angel's Trumpet in their own backyards - very important to wash the hands well before touching the eyes and nose.

I see both are known for hallucinogenic effects. Never heard of DMT before. It's supposed to be more powerful than LSD but shorter term effects.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree too.

I had a wake up call to the medical professionals with my experience with my Mom, when she was diagnosed with cancer, through her stay at a nursing facility with the hospice workers.

How's life in Chowville? How are you and Mrs. Chow? Hopefully you didn't float away last week.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I've read slightly about angel's trumpet......is that like morning glory seeds...I'll have to Google DMT. Wow. Four hours. I had no idea!

I remember that episode with the girl with the inhalants (the computer cleaning air product).

I so appreciate the work you do.
Angel's trumpet is like morning glory. It's really a beautiful plant. The weird thing is, the people who OD on it come in looking like they've OD'd on something completely different, so we treat them a specific way but they don't respond... then they suddenly wake up, sit bolt upright and go nuts!

The girl with the inhalants, she was unbelievable. A premed student and a music major. All of it down the tubes. I remember most of the episodes and whether the people stay sober or not, I think because of my work.

Thanks for the nod. Although I have to say, I'm super lucky. I love what I do. Speaking of which... how's the search? Or have you found something?

Old 01-27-2010, 05:28 PM

52,257 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
How's life in Chowville? How are you and Mrs. Chow? Hopefully you didn't float away last week.
We're still alive and dry, for now anyways. I've been home sick the last couple of days. Got to sit in a freaking meeting tomorrow. I'll cough and sneeze on everyone.

BS, I swear people think the world is gonna fall apart if someone can't make it to a meeting.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I agree too.

So you've survived the latest deluge, I see... Are you up in the hills and relatively safe? How's your roof? Seriously, mine needs repairs every 2-3 years due to rain...

Old 01-27-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post

Thanks for the nod. Although I have to say, I'm super lucky. I love what I do. Speaking of which... how's the search? Or have you found something?
I'm getting emails and calls to start taking tests - I took one Monday and passed. Now I have another one to take for a different job on Tuesday of next week.

Nothing firm, but I'm getting noticed and getting experience in all these Excel, Word, mathematical and English tests.

So it's slightly encouraging. Also, I am not the oldest person taking tests. The last session many people in their late fifties and sixties were applying.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
We're still alive and dry, for now anyways. I've been home sick the last couple of days. Got to sit in a freaking meeting tomorrow. I'll cough and sneeze on everyone.

BS, I swear people think the world is gonna fall apart if someone can't make it to a meeting.
Gee, I hope you feel better soon! Too bad you have to go. Maybe you should attend the meeting and go home afterwards, if you possibly can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships