Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 05:38 PM

19,425 posts, read 15,236,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
I'm with ya on the skydiving and bungee jumping, SoG I'm all for having fun and throwing caution to the wind now & again...but mostly I'm just a chickensh*t
C'mon, do a shot of Everclear and we'll do a triple bungee jump. Maybe we can get in the Guinness Book.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:39 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
C'mon, do a shot of Everclear and we'll do a triple bungee jump. Maybe we can get in the Guinness Book.
LOL I'd probably pass out with a shot of Everclear. Make it two and you *might* have a deal

Old 01-30-2010, 05:46 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Quote:
LOL I'd probably pass out with a shot of Everclear. Make it two and you *might* have a deal
Everclear! I wouldn`t make it.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Everclear! I wouldn`t make it.
I hear ya! I should have added to my last post that if I had two shots of Everclear, someone would have to be strapping the bungee sh*t on me and pushing me off the side, cuz I sure as hell wouldn't be capable of doing it on my own!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:52 PM

All this talk just reminded me of something. I think I even wrote about it here before. One time Chow and I were at Knott's Berry Farm and we went on the Supreme Scream. For anyone who doesn't know, you're strapped into a seat with your legs hanging out and it zooms up to the top of a tower, where you dangle helplessly for a few seconds, and then, WHOOSH, you drop like a rock toward the ground. Their website says it's faster than 50 MPH.

I swear, at the time it dropped, I truly thought there had been a machinery malfunction and that we were going to die. I think it made a noise or jolts you or something. And that's exactly the thought I had in my head, How could we have been so stupid as to put ourselves at such a risk??? I always used to roll my eyes at people screaming on the rides. That day, I screamed bloody murder. I've never screamed like that in my life. I actually thought I might have irritated the guy next to me. Chows says he was glad I was screaming, because then I wouldn't hear him screaming. He says he was hoarse for two days, LOL. I think after that ride, we had a funnel cake and slunk home to nurse our wounds.

Anyway, I think I made an automatic, unintentional promise to God that day. If I was allowed to live, I would never put myself in that position again. I'm telling you guys, I faced death that day.

Whew. What a catharsis. You didn't know you were opening up such a can of worms, huh, yankee?

Old 01-30-2010, 05:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
I dragged my lazy as@ to a new movie! How about THAT?!

I wanted to see Precious, but today just felt like seeing something more fun and uplifting, so I was debating between When In Rome & It's Complicated. Even though the background of Rome would've been more appealing, I can certainly relate to the plot of the latter better, so that's what I chose. It was cool. I'd read some reviews about Meryl Streep's bad acting... It's BS, in my opinion. The woman never acts badly!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
LOL, not sure if it counts in that instance.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Whew. What a catharsis. You didn't know you were opening up such a can of worms, huh, yankee?
Well at least now we know where you're coming from
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
so I was debating between When In Rome & It's Complicated. Even though the background of Rome would've been more appealing, I can certainly relate to the plot of the latter better, so that's what I chose. It was cool. I'd read some reviews about Meryl Streep's bad acting... It's BS, in my opinion. The woman never acts badly!
Good to know, I want to see both of those movies too...
Quote:
LOL, not sure if it counts in that instance.
Why not? 'Cuz I wouldn't even be coherent? lol

Old 01-30-2010, 06:00 PM

52,247 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I dragged my lazy as@ to a new movie! How about THAT?!

I wanted to see Precious, but today just felt like seeing something more fun and uplifting, so I was debating between When In Rome & It's Complicated. Even though the background of Rome would've been more appealing, I can certainly relate to the plot of the latter better, so that's what I chose. It was cool. I'd read some reviews about Meryl Streep's bad acting... It's BS, in my opinion. The woman never acts badly!

I'd marry Meryl Streep if I could. She's just phenomenal, I want to see all three of those movies.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Well at least now we know where you're coming from
LOL, so what do I owe you guys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships