Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 12:52 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I feel for poor Mrs. Chow, having to grow up with the guy. He wasn't an "evil" guy but pretty darn close. He used to play all kind of head games with her and her brother pitting them up against each other.

A bunch of other stuff too. I've always chided Mrs. Chow for putting so much effort to be nice to him and try to see him.

She's a better human than me, and her brother too, cause he don't make much effort to see him.

She tells me she feels sorry for him being such a miserable human.

My Dad liked to pick on me, till i was old enough to swing a ball bat real good. But i still loved him & remember a few good times we had.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:55 PM

The War's he served in, is what changed my Dad, a lot.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:59 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
LOL, He knows I call him a douche bag all of the time. He tonight was telling me that he thinks that I want him to die. Which I don't.

LOL, No, I told him, don't let his DIL know what his net worth is, cause she'll kick him under a f ing bus.

LOL
Okay, I'm gonna have to jump in here and clarify. Chow isn't really telling this very well.

Chow and my dad just kind of had a running gag about Chow lusting after my dad's big screen TV, and my dad would joke that Chow could have it after he was gone. So then they were always joking about how Chow was waiting for him to die. Since then, Chow got an even BIGGER TV , so now it's just a running gag about waiting for his money in general. It's all just in fun.

The comments about the DIL are true, though.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Okay, I'm gonna have to jump in here and clarify. Chow isn't really telling this very well.

Chow and my dad just kind of had a running gag about Chow lusting after my dad's big screen TV, and my dad would joke that Chow could have it after he was gone. So then they were always joking about how Chow was waiting for him to die. Since then, Chow got an even BIGGER TV , so now it's just a running gag about waiting for his money in general. It's all just in fun.

The comments about the DIL are true, though.

the 65" screens are Nice. Can almos step in & join the FUNS.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
I've never done anything for V-day either. Always kinda thought it was a Hallmark holiday and too much pressure but... I have been working very hard lately and am off that day so I'll drive down to Naples and shop. I plan to buty nothing but expensive underwear and shoes.
I always end up feeling that way about all special occasions. Sounds like a great day you have planned. It really is important to do stuff like that for yourself, especially since you've been working so hard. Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
That sounds good! Presents to yourself...

We'll probably stay at home - get some King crab legs at the grocery store for dinner, and have a fancy dessert and exchange cards.

It's a Sunday this year.
Do you have any ideas for your dessert, cricket? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
My Dad liked to pick on me, till i was old enough to swing a ball bat real good. But i still loved him & remember a few good times we had.

Haha, that oughta do it.

Yeah, I know my dad loves me a lot. He's just a messed-up person.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:30 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

Do you have any ideas for your dessert, cricket? Just curious.
Hi, Mrs. Chow!

Well, I was thinking of splurging and either going to Whole (Paycheck) Foods and getting a fruit tart or a small cake. Or Gelson's - they have a good bakery there, too.

Something chocolately or fruity. Something better than Albertson's. I don't care for their bakery very much.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
the 65" screens are Nice. Can almos step in & join the FUNS.

Yes... Every time we watch something, Chow's like, "Man, I love this TV."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Hi, Mrs. Chow!

Well, I was thinking of splurging and either going to Whole (Paycheck) Foods and getting a fruit tart or a small cake. Or Gelson's - they have a good bakery there, too.

Something chocolately or fruity. Something better than Albertson's. I don't care for their bakery very much.
Or both...

Old 02-06-2010, 01:39 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
OMG what is the deal with the troll? Can't you IP ban him? Or is he using proxies? That gets tiring, he'll quit. Not that I would know of course.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:44 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
OMG what is the deal with the troll? Can't you IP ban him? Or is he using proxies? That gets tiring, he'll quit. Not that I would know of course.

The guy is a friggin wacko,psycho, and some other "O" that I can't think of right now.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:47 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:
The guy is a friggin wacko,psycho, and some other "O" that I can't think of right now.
Any idea who it is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships