Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 08:34 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,707 times

Advertisements

Good morning and hello and all that. You folks were busy last evening! Lovely photos yesterday Hawk, as usual I can count on you for gorgeous scenery.

I just read a book (well another book) about dog behavior/ intelligence and husky puppies don't begin to vocalize until quite late in their development, behaviorally very similar to wolves. They're not the closest dog to wolves in terms of behavior, but they do develop in a parallel fashion, differently from many domestic dogs... I know way too much about dogs. I am in the wrong business, for sure.

Anyway, Zombieland was freaking awesome, just saw it a few days ago, don't worry Sea of Grass, you spoiled nothing for me by letting that little cat out of the bag a few weeks ago (spoiler alert)!

And on a final note, Jon Stewart is so great because he's cute, not gorgeous but cute, and whip-smart and funny. He's vulnerable too. Sarcastic but not bitter. He gives all of his guests a chance, which I really like. Colbert is funny/attractive in his own way, he is such a caricature which he pulls off brilliantly. But Stewart is just a nice Jewish boy from Bergen County.

Too short for me though.

Have a great Super Bowl, everybody. Have fun, be safe!

Old 02-07-2010, 08:48 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Morning everyone! Just stopped in for a minute or two. We only got about an inch of snow, nothing stuck on the streets thank goodness! But it's cold...28 degrees right now. Hopefully it will break freezing sometime today. We just ate a light breakfast - couple of pieces of toast, and coffee. (BF is here....I think this is the first time I have actually posted while he was here LOL) We want to go out and DO something...not sure what though. Even just to the mall and walk around would be better than just sitting around all day. I made chili last night, and it is AWESOME, so we'll have that again for dinner tonight for the Superbowl. And a movie too I think...the new one with John Travolta.

Everyone have a nice Sunday!

Old 02-07-2010, 09:29 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
What makes it funny to you?
You should watch one of his shows, Yankee - he comments on current events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Lol. Nah, I wouldn't actually do him. He looks like he needs a tan. But he's great to look at anyway. He's got great facial expressions. His wife can keep him. Jon, don't go getting a divorce for me, hear!
Not sure where you read in my post that I indicated that you two should get together. Was just agreeing with you that I like the guy; he's attractive to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
His humor is dry but terribly witty and he is not losing sleep about calling anyone to the mat...his humor knows no political boundaries Well, he likes to bash Fox News and Bill O'Reilly, but they seem to make themselves pretty easy targets!
My boyfriend and I watched the segment where he was on Bill O'Reilly's show. I don't like Bill O'Reilly. I thought Jon had a lot of good answers to Bill's questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post

And on a final note, Jon Stewart is so great because he's cute, not gorgeous but cute, and whip-smart and funny. He's vulnerable too. Sarcastic but not bitter. He gives all of his guests a chance, which I really like. Colbert is funny/attractive in his own way, he is such a caricature which he pulls off brilliantly. But Stewart is just a nice Jewish boy from Bergen County.

Too short for me though.

Have a great Super Bowl, everybody. Have fun, be safe!
I think you said it all about Jon Stewart, yellfire.

We have some errands to run today and we're not big Super Bowl fans here; hope we can make it around town unscathed.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:38 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
You should watch one of his shows, Yankee - he comments on current events.
I`ll do it!

Super bowl Sunday. Time for me to go shopping!

Hawk...I enjoyed the pics. That waterfall was awesome.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I`ll do it!

Super bowl Sunday. Time for me to go shopping!
Us too. Eat breakfast, take showers and skedaddle.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I'm probably the only male in North America that doesn't give a shyt about the SuperBowl.

Oh well, what can I do.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Us too. Eat breakfast, take showers and skedaddle.
My husband made me breakfast in bed this`morning!
The sweetest thing!

Old 02-07-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm probably the only male in North America that doesn't give a shyt about the SuperBowl.

Oh well, what can I do.
Ooh, this reminds me. I was once married on a Superbowl Sunday in Las Vegas! I think it was 1990. I think it was January 31st that year. We got married in The Little Church of the West.

Costly mistake 12 years later.

I must be healing by now, I almost forgot about it! Yay!

Very weird to be getting married in jeans and the bars around you are virtually filled with football fans with their faces all painted up. How could I forget?

Neither of us liked football then, either. It's never been a part of my life.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
My husband made me breakfast in bed this`morning!
The sweetest thing!
Your husband is a sweet guy, Yankee! What a doll!

Old 02-07-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Your husband is a sweet guy, Yankee! What a doll!
I`m going to make his hot wings for his "game" later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships