Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 09:34 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Awww.. yes. The Disco days! "Boogie nights."
Yes! If you haven't seen THAT movie, you should see it. Whoa.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:37 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Speaking of music...we spent THREE hours last night watching Youtube music videos on TV - I know...crazy, right? But it's just so nice to have someone that appreciates "big" music as much as I do. He loves the violin, and Andre Rieu is a huge favorite of mine, so I started looking for some of his stuff, and my BF was hooked. If you aren't familiar with Andre, give this a listen. This is the kind of music that will fill your heart. I had tears in my eyes by the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkY9HtwXNU8

Old 02-07-2010, 09:37 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Haha, too late.
DRAT!!! Heaven's to Murgatroid! Foiled again!

Quote:
"Double date," we can go watch a movie at the drive-in and then go out for ice cream sodas afterwards.
Ooh! I"M THERE!!! That sounds awesome!

(I am such a dork! )

Old 02-07-2010, 10:33 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
I will never forget, it was at the height of Disco - one summer night, somebody went around to a great many of the stop signs in town here and in the neighborhoods and put DISCO in white paint on them.

It took City Hall at the time a loooonnnngggg time to replace all the stop signs.

We drove around for months seeing STOP DISCO on the signs...[/quote]

Haha, "Memories..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Speaking of music...we spent THREE hours last night watching Youtube music videos on TV - I know...crazy, right? But it's just so nice to have someone that appreciates "big" music as much as I do. He loves the violin, and Andre Rieu is a huge favorite of mine, so I started looking for some of his stuff, and my BF was hooked. If you aren't familiar with Andre, give this a listen. This is the kind of music that will fill your heart. I had tears in my eyes by the end.

Lovely, Chessie. Honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
DRAT!!! Heaven's to Murgatroid! Foiled again!

Ooh! I"M THERE!!! That sounds awesome!

(I am such a dork! )
Ahhh... I can relax...I'm not the only dork...

Old 02-07-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
i still love disco. I would still dance to it.

I will never forget, it was at the height of disco - one summer night, somebody went around to a great many of the stop signs in town here and in the neighborhoods and put disco in white paint on them.

It took city hall at the time a loooonnnngggg time to replace all the stop signs.

We drove around for months seeing stop disco on the signs...
LOL! <blank parser>

Old 02-07-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

Beautiful, Chessie. Thank you.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:59 PM

Okay, all my posts are getting double-posted, etc. It's part me and part this computer. Bear with me...

Old 02-07-2010, 11:06 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Beautiful, Chessie. Thank you.
My pleasure. Look for his Amazing Grace and Riverdance clips - those are also incredible. Hell, they all are. I would love to see him...but most of the concerts are first come first serve...and they sell out quickly so I'd probably get a seat up in the trees somewhere.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:52 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Ahhh... I can relax...I'm not the only dork...

Good grief NO!!!

Reckon I'm the poster child for dorkdom!

Old 02-07-2010, 11:56 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Hey everyone, Happy Superbowl Sunday. Yankee, hope those wings were good. I was born after disco, so I don't have any comments about that. I also don't know what the big deal is with KISS. But Gene Simmons seems to be a pretty popular guy, lol. See him everywhere. Usually with his tongue protruding.

Chessie, you liked disco and also like Andre Rieu, you are a very multi-faceted person. Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post

Not sure where you read in my post that I indicated that you two should get together. Was just agreeing with you that I like the guy; he's attractive to me.
Oh, I know cricket. I'm totally sorry if I took the stage and ran with it. I shouldn't have said that Jon shouldn't get a divorce for me, cus you didn't say him and I should be together. I was just clarifying for Jon, lol. I totally agree that he is attractive and I also understand that you like him, and I didn't mean to minimize any of that.

Quote:
I belong to this work support group. When George Harrison passed away, I could not believe the comments that came up. He wasn't a Christian, so he was going straight to hell. I'm sorry, I usually don't get into religious discussions, but the whole conversation was so ridiculous, I could hardly stand it. I've never heard a bad thing about George, and their/his songs promoted peace, etc., yet he was some awful person because he didn't agree with this woman's view.

It just so happened that she was the most bitter, argumentative woman on the board and she actually ended up leaving after a huge, ugly blow-up she had with another member. But, dammit, she was a Christian and she was better than everyone else. Scary.

And it was just sad, because it was a time for mourning, appreciation, etc., and she was just fixated on the fact that he was of a different religion than her.
Those people are the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
This town where I used to live saw its fair share of celebrities because of the movie studios there. Now I don't have that celebrity awe thing going on. I was working as a bartender and from time to time movie people would come in. One time John Cusack came in and I guess he'd had a bad day, cause he was kind of snarky. So I just got his drinks and went on about my business. This was probably a Monday or Tuesday because it wasn't very busy. He stands up like he's ready to go, so I give him his bill. This was a nice place, kinda expensive. He looked at the bill and said, "Do you know who I am?" and I said "uh yeah, you're Jon Cryer,right?" (The guy from Two and a Half Men, who at the time was a skinny little not-famous fellow).

He was NOT amused.
LOL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships