Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:39 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times

Advertisements

Be cool. Keep your head. Take your time. Breeeaaaaathe. Nothing has scared me off quicker than a man who's too eager, too clingy. It's not a game on my part, there's just something very repelling and unappealing about it. It may be ok in a relationship once it's established--to some degree--if I'm madly in love with him but I don't want a relationship based on that and certainly not from day one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 12:39 AM

964 posts, read 3,160,456 times
It's not that though. It's how I asked her earlier which is what I am worried about, and that's what's making me so down.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:40 AM

Thanks WhyteByrd. I think I'll just wait until Saturday when I see her again and let things be fresh right then on.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:47 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croye22 View Post
It's not that though. It's how I asked her earlier which is what I am worried about, and that's what's making me so down.
Well, you've said what you said and you can't take it back, so worrying about it isn't going to help anything. And honestly, from what you said - I don't think you have anything to worry about. Get some sleep....you'll have a fresher and more optimistic perspective tomorrow

Old 12-29-2009, 12:51 AM

Thanks. I've already spent my first day off moping about it. Think I better enjoy the rest of my time off. Thanks for the advice.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:17 PM

857 posts, read 1,422,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croye22 View Post

I did the bonehead thing of asking the girl I like if she didn't mind going to the movies, to text me if it's ok for her and everything.

I do still check out other girls, and hit on one, well she hits on me tbqh, but again, that's another story.
First off: Never limp into asking a girl out. Never ask a girl if its ok or if she doesnt mind, this is where the "nice guy syndrome" comes from. just ask a simple question, "Would you like to go to a movie on _____ night?" Whether she says yes or not at least you would not be up all night worrying.

But we can't change history so if I were you I would take this other girl that has been flirting out on a date. Then depending on how that goes I would then tell this coworker about it and see how she reacts. If she seems happy for you and genuinely wants to know about this girl, then it sounds like you are in the friend zone. But if she seems uncomfortable or changes the subject you are probably golden and should use this jealously to get her attention and then ask her out properly.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:55 PM

would it be ok if I called her and asked her over the phone? I really want to know before I move along in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships