Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 01:38 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Got it! "Weekend Traveler", "Stranded and Lonely", "Brainy Intellectual Type", among others.
Now here's are professional "head shrinker" What the verdict....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 01:39 PM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
No reason to be unhappy the rest of your life, get a separation/divorce (Dont stay 'for the kids' the kids know its a farce), and see if you find someone closer to you.

Wow, one of the problems with america today in my opinion. People are too quick to divorce.

Why not try and offer a suggestion instead of "get a seperation/divorce" lol I really think that should be the last advice, not the first!

I hope the people that suggest divorce first don't find themselves in a situation in the future, karma can really bite!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:42 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Collar Worker View Post
Lots of interesting ideas being posted so far. I wish the moderators would erase the silly posts trying to link me with some other banned posters who had other controversial posts. This seems to be a common approach some posters use. Try to discredit posters who they do not like claiming they were someone else.
Hmm. I don't think anyone said anything about them being banned...though you are correct in at least one case. You're quite well-informed for being a new poster here at C-D

Old 12-29-2009, 01:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
What the verdict....
My verdict is: don't waste your time and let the rest of the "intellectuals" engage her!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:48 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
but my husband is anti education and wants his children to become factory workers like him. He will not go back to school to learn a new trade or expand on his work at the factory.

I could go on and on...
Oh yes please go on... I love fiction.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:50 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
So far the common response is that because I had marriage vows I am supose to stay with my husband for life even if we do not have anything left in common.

The kids are 7,10, 12, and 16.
Yes, that's the way vows usually work.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:58 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
You said this:

I never said my husband was a bad man because he is blue collar. In fact I have lots of respect for the men and women who work at the factory doing work with their hands. I have lots of respect for blue collar workers in general. But I am not blue collar my self and think people who work in an unskilled job on an assembly line for over 20 years without a promotion or learning any new skills is a real shame.

But in another post, you complained that he encourages them to get an honest job, that reflects his hard working values?

Old 12-29-2009, 02:03 PM

16 posts, read 20,261 times
I would recommend my children get blue collar jobs if that is the type of work that interests them, but I recommend that they go to a vocational technical school to learn a trade. Working in a factory is good honest work but my husband has no trade and has been doing the same unskilled job for over 20 years. This is not a good role model for kids who are doing very well academically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You said this:

I never said my husband was a bad man because he is blue collar. In fact I have lots of respect for the men and women who work at the factory doing work with their hands. I have lots of respect for blue collar workers in general. But I am not blue collar my self and think people who work in an unskilled job on an assembly line for over 20 years without a promotion or learning any new skills is a real shame.

But in another post, you complained that he encourages them to get an honest job, that reflects his hard working values?

Old 12-29-2009, 02:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
From the Original Poster again:

Lots of interesting ideas being posted so far. I wish the moderators would erase the silly posts trying to link me with some other banned posters who had other controversial posts. This seems to be a common approach some posters use. Try to discredit posters who they do not like claiming they were someone else.

Now, I would like to respond to some of the posts so far:

My husband and I have gone to a marriage counselor but have hit a stone wall. He believes that intellectual conversation is silly and not part of being a good spouse. He does not like to travel, read books, follow the news, or talk about topics of conversation. When he talks he throws out quips and no topic of conversation lasts more than 1 or 2 minutes. Our conversational style is so different.

I do not think my Law Degree makes me a better person than someone who is just a High School Graduate but my husband is anti education and wants his children to become factory workers like him. He will not go back to school to learn a new trade or expand on his work at the factory.

I could go on and on...
So.... do you already have someone else in mind?

Who will get the 4 kids?

Old 12-29-2009, 02:12 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am sorry but an intellectual connection is VERY important, that is why, I could never date a woman who does not have at least, a college education. It is not about being a snob, but it is very frustrating when you are with someone who is not educated.
A college education doesn't automatically make someone intelligent. I've met some really stupid men and women with college degrees, even masters. I've also met some pretty intelligent folks who've never been to college. They get their information from reading, personal studying, and just paying attention to what's going on in the world.
All a college degree says about someone is that they went to college, and was able to finish it. It might even mean that they're book smart. Book smart doesn't always mean logical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships