Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times

Advertisements

Have extensions put in...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 08:10 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
... the critic in me has to pick something to complain about. I just want my long hair back!

Oh, I can dig it. I want my hair back too, at any length and any color. Alas, it disappeared down the drain and was turned into compost years ago.

Little story Sugar?
I met my late wife online waaaaaaaaaaay back before Al Gore had invented the "Internet". We decided to meet up. She had asked me what my favorite hair color was, and I said it didn't matter but I guessed I was partial to blondes.

So she gets her hair bleached. Big mistake. I didn't say anything to her about it, but I couldn't figure out how a person could grow straw out of their head.

We hit it off big time and she moved in with me a few months later. Same straw. I mean hair. She decides to go to a stylist and comes back with auburn hair in a boy-cut. The color and style fit her perfectly. And it was soft!!!

Moral of this story. Guys don't even know what they like. Don't worry at all about your hair. Wear a big smile and walk tall. Hair preferences are so far down the list of attractions that it doesn't really count... unless you're growing straw from your scalp. And that wouldn't be a deal breaker either.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:18 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Moral of this story. Guys don't even know what they like. Don't worry at all about your hair. Wear a big smile and walk tall. Hair preferences are so far down the list of attractions that it doesn't really count... unless you're growing straw from your scalp. And that wouldn't be a deal breaker either.
Great story, thanks for sharing!

Old 12-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
My hair is several inches shorter than it was this time last year, and even shorter than it was a few months ago. Blame my stylist for trimming too much or my stupid hair for being weak and vulnerable to breakage. Anyway, I'd say it's like neck length right now when it used to be shoulder length, and I know most men prefer longer hair and I think I look prettier with longer hair, so I've lost confidence. I've tried extensions a few times, but I think they did more harm than good, so I'm just going to try to be patient and hopefully my hair will grow back naturally. Unfortunately, this may take quite a while, so in the meantime, I think I want to stop dating because I feel unattractive.

Can anyone relate or am I just overreacting? I know hair isn't everything and things could be worse, but this situation is really getting me down.
i'm a man of few words - this post is stupid.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:28 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
Yes you are overreacting but, someone else said it well, if you aren't happy with yourself, you will not attract anyone. Short hair doesn't have anything to do with it. I cut 7 inches off my hair earlier this summer and EVERYONE loves the new look and it's SHORT in back.
Once your confidence is back, you will feel better.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:57 AM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Is that really your only problem that you have right now, a few inches of hair? Wow, I want your life! YOU ARE OVERREACTING, come back, when you have a REAL problem.Or is this all a joke???

Old 12-30-2009, 12:04 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Even with a bad haircut, the O.P. should be able to go out and have a great time with friends. And if a guy wants to date her despite her bad hair, I'd think that she'd be really happy and feel that he likes all of her qualities and not just for her stunning good looks.

After all, let's say that she finally has the perfect hairdo and meets a wonderful guy. What's her next worry? That she might get another bad haircut and then lose his love? Having a bad haircut is NOT a dealbreaker for most people, not unless they are very shallow people.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:24 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
If a bad haircut has this level of damage on you it may be high time to find deeper things you value about yourself.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:26 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,340,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Don't feel bad, I loose some hair from time to time from guys I work with dripping PVC glue onto my head. The problem comes from trying to cut/pull it out. Yowwwwwwwouch!LOL..........
Dang, what kind of fetishes are you into?

Old 12-30-2009, 12:31 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,850 times
serioulsy I thought TVSG had a new user name...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships