Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 09:36 PM

296 posts, read 732,533 times

Advertisements

I have been thinking about her alot lately and it has been an everyday thing since she broke it off with me.We havn't talked in almost 2 months but I think im doing a pretty good job of not contacting her via email or her house phone I figure if she wanted to talk to me at all she would call so I am just keeping my distance and giving her what she wants(and that is not to talk to me).

I dont really want to meet any other woman at the moment I rather work on myself for future relationships and let a woman come to me...It just hurts how I lost a good friend and a girlfriend all at the same time:I guess that's just something I have to live with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,157,109 times
once you get a new girl youll forget about the old one.

kinda like when your dog dies

Old 12-29-2009, 09:45 PM

58 posts, read 146,529 times
Definitely, if you need someone then you must find another. But don't just find a rebound, be selective and surround yourself with people because the worst you can do is stay by yourself and sulk.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincykc View Post
Definitely, if you need someone then you must find another. But don't just find a rebound, be selective and surround yourself with people because the worst you can do is stay by yourself and sulk.

That's basically what I have been doing(just sulking)I hang out sometimes with friends but not as much as I use to...I have been to a few house parties but they are just not my type of scenery

Old 12-29-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90'sHip_Hop_Head View Post
That's basically what I have been doing(just sulking)I hang out sometimes with friends but not as much as I use to...I have been to a few house parties but they are just not my type of scenery
I had a bad break up where I spent a week in bed being depressed. I finally got up, surrounded myself with people I was comfortable with and randomly met an awesome girl i've been with almost two years now. That was lucky, but sulking only made it worse. Get out and be around people, even if you don't meet anyone it'll make the time pass easier.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:15 PM

20,058 posts, read 18,211,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
once you get a new girl youll forget about the old one.

kinda like when your dog dies
Huh?!

Old 12-29-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincykc View Post
I had a bad break up where I spent a week in bed being depressed. I finally got up, surrounded myself with people I was comfortable with and randomly met an awesome girl i've been with almost two years now. That was lucky, but sulking only made it worse. Get out and be around people, even if you don't meet anyone it'll make the time pass easier.

That is nice that you met a woman and you have been with her for 2 years do you still think of your ex or are you way past her?

Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 PM

40,920 posts, read 48,822,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Huh?!
You must not be a dog person. Most people love their dogs more than their kids. The best way of getting over the heartbreak of losing a family pet is to go get a new one.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:28 PM

20,058 posts, read 18,211,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You must not be a dog person. Most people love their dogs more than their kids. The best way of getting over the heartbreak of losing a family pet is to go get a new one.
Au contraire!

Old 12-29-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90'sHip_Hop_Head View Post
That is nice that you met a woman and you have been with her for 2 years do you still think of your ex or are you way past her?
It's impossible not to think of someone you've dated or had romantic feelings for, but if it's not gonna work you have to accept it. There are so many other women out there it's sickening. Trust me, once you meet someone else you're gonna look back and laugh at yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships