Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 03:03 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,730,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
That was my first thought exactly. She saw HIS true colors. He said something off-handed in front of strangers and where everyone could hear. You said something quietly to one friend. Big difference.
Yeah but would you stay mad the rest of the night and act a drama queen about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 03:08 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Yeah but would you stay mad the rest of the night and act a drama queen about it?
No, I wouldn't. I probably would have rolled my eyes and moved on. If his acts continued to be disrespectful and childish, I would've ignored him and went on with my evening and had fun without him. No need to let anyone ruin your whole night.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:16 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think anyone making butt plug "jokes" in polite company would impress me all that much.
Exactly!!

There's a line a mature person just shouldn't cross in mixed (male and female) company.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:45 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
There is a difference between these two scenarios:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Recently we went on a double date out to dinner at night club that served dinner. At the center of the table, there was a candle holder that resembled a “back door” plug. At the end of the dinner, the waitress asked what they would like to wrap up, my friend said “She’ll take the candle holder XXX plug!”. Granted, not the smoothest thing to say, but he saw her true colors. She immediately throws a fit…”No! That’s gross!!! Why is every guy into that? It’s absolutely disgusting!” Later, while the rest of the group was having fun dancing and socializing she was sitting down all upset.
This one appears to be a date which implies that the persons involved may not be entirely familiar with each other and therefore the environment is not casual and demands an elevated decorum. Your friend made a comment inconsistent with this decorum and put her on the spot. She was embarrassed especially since he said she would take the plug. Her reaction, perhaps a little exaggerated, is understandable.

Quote:
A while ago, I went to a bar with some friends, one was a girl…Hanging was some thick beaded necklace that looked like “back door” beads…I randomly say to the girl, “I think those XXX beads have your name on them”…She replies “you first” with a smile…The rest of the night was great…
This one appears to be a casual get together among friends which does not require everyone to be on their "best behaviour". After all, it is a bar. And in bars, there is almost an expectation of such behavior especially if it is the kind of place where there are people drinking, looking for one-night stands, and/or blowing off steam.

Quote:
Similar situation, an “unsmooth” comment made about an act neither girl wanted to do…One let it ruin her night and the other girl’s night didn’t miss a beat…
I don't think they are similar.

Quote:
This is a key factor to what the majority of guys are looking for. Insights?
If you mean sexual humor or enthusiasm or openness, then, yes, that is something I think is a good attribute. I have no problem with the concept of axxl beads and whatnot; I know women who don't either and I like those kind of women. However, the same women who like sex talk can easily be repulsed by sex talk from a stranger or new acquaintance.

A man must still exercise tact.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:48 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Wouldn't have ruined my night. Thanks for a great dinner. I'm off to find better company.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:21 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,451,683 times
A romantic dinner topped by off-hand humor about butt plugs. Oh dear.....yes I can understand why the girl would be upset. I'd think maybe Id get to know her and her sense of humor first before joking around like that.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:04 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Wouldn't have ruined my night. Thanks for a great dinner. I'm off to find better company.
It seems I always want to rep you too much...

Old 12-30-2009, 07:10 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Only idiots think sex jokes are appropriate date material. Seriously, if that's all you got then just stay home.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:22 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
I am pretty direct and open about sex and sexual discussions. But I would have been pretty darn annoyed at a date for doing that with me - making a reference about my sexual proclivities with a stranger, the waitress. I would not have gotten all persnickety and huffy, but he would have been told very directly that his comments were inappropriate and sorely out of line. Then I would have ordered a very expensive glass of wine/champagne and continued to make him pay for his stupidity.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:44 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
I have a lot of single male friends who I go out on dates and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a littlest thing ruin a girl's night…
Recently we went on a double date out to dinner at night club that served dinner. At the center of the table, there was a candle holder that resembled a “back door” plug. At the end of the dinner, the waitress asked what they would like to wrap up, my friend said “She’ll take the candle holder XXX plug!”. Granted, not the smoothest thing to say, but he saw her true colors. She immediately throws a fit…”No! That’s gross!!! Why is every guy into that? It’s absolutely disgusting!” Later, while the rest of the group was having fun dancing and socializing she was sitting down all upset.
A while ago, I went to a bar with some friends, one was a girl…Hanging was some thick beaded necklace that looked like “back door” beads…I randomly say to the girl, “I think those XXX beads have your name on them”…She replies “you first” with a smile…The rest of the night was great…
Similar situation, an “unsmooth” comment made about an act neither girl wanted to do…One let it ruin her night and the other girl’s night didn’t miss a beat…
This is a key factor to what the majority of guys are looking for. Insights?
A bad comparison really as a provocative suggestion was made in front of stranger(s) while your comment to your friend was direct to her and probably out of earshot of everyone else.
Next time you're at a restaurant tell the waiter/ess that your easy going friend would like 9" X 4" cucumber to take home because her toy is broken.
See how your friend responds to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships