Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 05:08 PM

76 posts, read 108,507 times

Advertisements

I'm only asking because in the past I ran into a girl I knew in High School when I was separated from my wife. I thought it was over and this girl and I were hot and heavy from the night we bumped into each other. We were living together and all I was doing was going out of town to visit my kids. The End.
Ok I'm much older and wiser now, more relaxed and honestly I'm kinda enjoying myself but not overly interested in jumping right back in if you know what I mean.
My parents and all my friends just want me to be happy and so do I. Is there a sure fire way to tell if I'm ready to make a permenant change in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 06:13 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
What is it that you're trying to ask about making a permanent change? Are you talking about dating again, separating from your wife, committing to this old high school classmate, changing locations, changing careers...? Sorry, your post is confusing.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:23 PM

I'm divorced and no not reuniting with old classmate. I've gotten back with my ex wife on three separate occasions and I'm just worried that the next time she gets wind of someone I'm involved with and comes knocking that this time I'll say bye bye for good.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
When you're indifferent to this person. Frankly, I'm not sure it ever happens.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:36 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
When you're indifferent to this person. Frankly, I'm not sure it ever happens.
Indifference. Bingo.

It does happen, but it usually involves lots of time and other love/sex interests.

What kills me are the people who believe they're "so over" someone, but they still have to consciously force themselves not to think about that someone 24/7.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Indifference. Bingo.

What kills me are the people who believe they're "so over" someone, but they still have to consciously force themselves not to think about that someone 24/7.
thats it and you end up using someone that doesn't deserve it

Old 12-30-2009, 06:43 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVAmale View Post
thats it and you end up using someone that doesn't deserve it
Excuse me?

Old 12-30-2009, 06:46 PM

I mean as in my case where I thought I was over the ex then got involved with another women and when the ex came back around I went back with her for a while, the women I was with got burned.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:59 PM

190 posts, read 493,164 times
Getting over an ex-spouse can be a challenge. Your ex could be sabatoging your ability to move on and develop other love interests. Or, you may be sharing information with your ex and encouraging her to drag things out. You may still have strong feelings for her. Getting over a failed marriage takes effort. You have to do a relationship autopsy--as stated by Dr. Phil--he has a valid point. Knowing both the good and bad about the former relationship will help you cope with the loss--if this is what you want. Either way, a break from any woman may be the best thing. Give yourself time to think so you don't hurt anyone else--or yourself. You may never completely get over a failed marriage--but you'll learn to cope with the loss. Plus, memories of the ex will fade in time. Good luck.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:03 PM

897 posts, read 1,592,139 times
I was with someone on and off for about 8 years. I knew I was over her when we broke up for the last time and the next day I felt relieved.
If you don't think you're over your ex wife, the best thing to do is just to not keep contact with her. The times that are the hardest to tell them "no" are the times that you most need to. Be rude if you have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships