Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:25 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I guess she figured that since I'm good looking with a nice job living in a nice neighborhood without kids that I would be attached but she was surprised. Then she said-"you are not gay are you?

I couldn't even get upset because I was flattered that she thinks I'm a good catch who hasn't been caught yet. Still funny that a women can be single without anyone thinking she is a lesbian but a man is expected to be with someone??
Maybe she was dropping a hint?
A bold (maybe insulting) question like that invites a bold response...I would have asked her if she would give me her panties before she goes home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 09:33 AM

302 posts, read 607,859 times
Did you tell her that you're still just waiting for Ms. Right to come along!?!!?

I wonder though, what people will think when they see my cousin (female) & I living together. Indeed, they will wonder if we are lesbians.

Although, I'd prefer people not think that (because it so extremely far from the truth - 100% heterosexual)...

Perhaps it will keep the creepy men away

Quote:
I guess she figured that since I'm good looking with a nice job living in a nice neighborhood without kids that I would be attached but she was surprised. Then she said-"you are not gay are you?

I couldn't even get upset because I was flattered that she thinks I'm a good catch who hasn't been caught yet. Still funny that a women can be single without anyone thinking she is a lesbian but a man is expected to be with someone??

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my CD buddies and to my close friend STT Resident.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:42 AM

No one should have to be alone for the holidays....that's why they make "friends"....LOL

Ahhh, my exciting New Years Eve...hanging out with friends (guys in the living room - couldn't make out a drunken word they said & the girls in the dining room crocheting). Yup, you heard my correctly....when did my life come down to crocheting on New Years?? Oh, well...at least it provides some amusement for others

Quote:
Yes alone for New Years Eve but have plans for the 3rd. It's all about the BIG PICTURE

Old 01-07-2010, 10:20 AM

437 posts, read 675,076 times
Quote:

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my CD buddies and to my close friend STT Resident.
It happens. Older women see a young man who seems to be a good catch that has not been caught and wonders why. They have NO idea how bad the dating scene is today so they assume that, since EVERYONE MUST want to be married, you must be gay.

You may also dress nicely and be polite. I get that sometimes because I dress very well, something bit too above where I am but I look great so it's ok.

Anyway, just ignore it and make sure she doesn't set you up with a subpar woman who needs rescuing from her past errors of judgement, including baby #3 from thug #2. Heck, it might be *better* if she thinks you play for the other team.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:41 AM

437 posts, read 675,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948
most disturbing thing ever said to me was by a phillipino friend at work, she said re my property and salary, a woman should have that money and property not you. you should be married. brief glimpses of honesty chills the blood.
happy new year. free willy.

Of course, in nearly all of the Third World, a man of means would have nothing to fear from marriage. In many places, he can also have multiple wives and easily afford it, so if he's unhappy with one, he has options.

North American born women, think along the same lines, but are more subtle in their approach, since they don't want to scare you off. They nearly all have needy friends they want to set you up with.

Regarding Phillipino women, this is quite true particularly with Western men. They seem to think that because you are Western that you MUST be rich. They want to marry you in part because she can then get you to support her family. This sounds kinda nasty but it's consider part and parcel- you get a loving and domestic wife while her family obtains needed financial support. Basically, just being out in the open about what marriage was for centuries.

One warning though- many Phillipino women are notorious for domestic violence as well as running the household.

As for other women, Notaredneck is quite correct- they think that it's the duty of a man to pay for them. They squake that it's not true but:

1. Women vote more often for candidates that support social spending than men do.
2. Women demand that men buy them drinks in the bar.
3. In polite society, he or she who invites the other pays (unless they split) while women want the man to pay regardless.
4. Women will sometimes offer to pay and then get angry when it's accepted
5. Women push for alimony far more often than men (do not confuse this with receives) and indeed many men will not ask for alimony or are shamed if they do so.
6. Also regarding divorce, a woman may divorce a man for no reason and claim they can still be friends yet will still seek his assets, home, children, and fure income- some friend.

Anyway, best of luck there. I'm outta this thread since I know the knives are being sharpened as I speak and I'm trying to not waste too much time getting into arguements with irrational people. Just keep you head down and remember that you are the prize, do not settle for anyone, and NEVER marry them or have kids with them!

Old 01-07-2010, 11:56 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,812,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfish70 View Post
Perhaps it will keep the creepy men away
Nope, creepy men are kept away by:

* not giving them enough notice to go out
* being cold and rainy outside when a date is planned
* asking them about naked twister
* sending them photos with you wearing sunglasses
* asking them questions about their job, where they live etc

Old 01-07-2010, 06:10 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Nope, creepy men are kept away by:

* not giving them enough notice to go out
* being cold and rainy outside when a date is planned
* asking them about naked twister
* sending them photos with you wearing sunglasses
* asking them questions about their job, where they live etc

I'm ok with HALF NAKED TWISTER, it was NAKED TWISTER that was a bit much for me-lol

Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Here's a book for you to read TVSG, about relationships:

Steve Harvey's "Act Like a Lady... think Like a Man "

Old 01-07-2010, 06:56 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,035,606 times
AAH..Alas the Prince has returned to the village..on the back of his trusty Raccoon.

I do wonder how he made it back, what with all the fires burning in parts of the village right at the moment..In any event, he made it...

Old 01-07-2010, 07:16 PM

Depends on who's playing Twister with me

Quote:
I'm ok with HALF NAKED TWISTER, it was NAKED TWISTER that was a bit much for me-lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships