Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 05:05 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,219,784 times

Advertisements

20 something year olds are cool to party with and have "fun" but to have serious relatuonships with, nope! Their not ready, "the girls look so goooood, but their brain is not ready, i rather talk to a wooman cuz her mind is so steady!"

Old 01-04-2010, 05:11 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Here's the thing: women HATE the pickup artist because we level the playing field. A woman's greatest power is her sexuality and she only wants to give it up to the highest bidder (whatever her standards happen to be that day). The value is artificually high in this socity and anyone who can lower that price by appearing more valuable than he is, she sees as a dire threat. That men are in the cold without companionship, sustained only by "you're such a nice guys" or "the right one will come around... some day," is not releveant to her.
Keep telling yourself that...using these "tricks" to score with women will NEVER level the playing field...unless he's hitting on women just as lacking in substance as he is. The End.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:16 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
Quote:
Idiot. Just another woman realizing her value is gone and trying to shame men into loving her.
What a man you are, Ameiko. Calling women names (idiot in this thread, twit in another). Does that make you feel superior?

The male gender should be so proud to have you.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:17 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
You spew a lot of misogynistic garbage...as I asked someone else, why don't you post your photo and let all of us "women realizing ... value is gone" have a go at you, you twit.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Aye!

I'm younger than him anyways. .

Old 01-04-2010, 05:21 PM

437 posts, read 675,208 times
Actually, it is. I'm sure there are some men who employ the techniques of pick-up artists to find themselves healthy relationships with quality women.

Yeah, we like!

However, let's face it - the majority of men who are trying to become or are pick-up artists just want to get laid again and again by a large pool of women.

Basically, we want the same level of sexual access that women do. Is that so wrong? You guys already HAVE game- it's called a tightbody and vagina. You exercise your body while we exercise our minds. Not that much difference.

For example, the closes? It's all about the physical stuff. . . a kiss or a lay.

It's a measure of sucess and it's what we want- that physicality. Most PUA's, once they get the need to get laid out of their system (because they are getting action) will often look for a nice gf.

Furthermore, the pick-up artists DO prey on naive, unsuspecting, or just plain dumb women because I fail to see how a level-headed intelligent woman would NOT see straight through the pick-up artists game. A "neg" (backhanded compliment) doesn't work on women who see right through that $hit.

I found it works on all sorts of women, intelligent and not. It depends on the person you are as both man and woman.

The whole concept of a pick-up artist is to manipulate women.

So is makeup, heels, perfume, push up bras, etc... designed to manipulate men. Just like the "rules for women" are- do you condemn them?

PUA is many thing to many people. To some of us, it's figuring out "what do women want" because women never tell us the truth.

I think many pick-up artists get off on that because they used to be guys who had zero social skills with women. They get off on that power and control.

There is truth to that. I love that meeting women isn't a big deal anymore and that I get success.

While the foundation of learning how to be a pick-up artist does possess attractive characteristic traits such as confidence, directness, humor, etc., the whole concept is just slimy and predatory at best.

God, I need to pick her up. Hey, do you believe in spells?

Old 01-04-2010, 05:22 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
It's true. I've heard the "EWWWW!" a lot from my daughter (21) and her friends (20-26). They laugh about all the "old farts" that hit on them in the clubs. To quote her, "There may be the odd girl my age looking to date "grandpa", but from what I've seen it's the gold-diggers."
Absolutely true. I have 2 female friends in that age range.
My last gf warned me about gold-diggers too as she had lived in Vegas and seen that happen a lot. I never had a problem with that though since I like women my own age.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:26 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterBlues View Post
....Hey I'm just turning 24 with a good career, hair, "cool and interesting" hobbies like music and music production, hair, I keep track of myself, I have hair, only look for relationships, have never been interviewed by Chris Hansen on Dateline NBC like 90% of the male population, hair, etc and I'm anxiously looking forward to the day that I go bald, get fat, and "have to settle" on a "mature" woman in her 30s or whatever. My problem is that I'm a bit too level headed to put up with anybody's crap at this age and am a little bit TOO mature by comparison for what it's worth. You wouldn't believe the horrors that I've gone through over the past few years while dating in the 20-25 age pool. Sweet Jesus......all the looks in the world can't make up for what the typical girl within that age bracket brings to the table. Just trust me, you don't want to do that to yourself...the whole college/young professional dating class is nowhere near worth revisiting if you value your sanity...it'll help to feed your ego at first, but it's not going to solve anything for you and at the most will just make you feel like you're stuck in a really bad episode of The Hills and more or less make you want to throw yourself off of the nearest cliff due to spending too much time around girls with Heidi Montag disease.

And don't associate yourself with this "pickup artist" crap.....I don't care if it works or if there's a more "normalized" version of it out there, you should be against it just because most people associate it with this idiot...he looks like a goth'd-out Boy George, anybody who falls for THAT isn't worth the time of day to begin with:
LOL. Great post.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:28 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times
Quote:
Furthermore, the pick-up artists DO prey on naive, unsuspecting, or just plain dumb women because I fail to see how a level-headed intelligent woman would NOT see straight through the pick-up artists game. A "neg" (backhanded compliment) doesn't work on women who see right through that $hit.

I found it works on all sorts of women, intelligent and not. It depends on the person you are as both man and woman.

The whole concept of a pick-up artist is to manipulate women.

So is makeup, heels, perfume, push up bras, etc... designed to manipulate men. Just like the "rules for women" are- do you condemn them?

PUA is many thing to many people. To some of us, it's figuring out "what do women want" because women never tell us the truth.

Hey, shouldn't you be getting ready for the clubs?

Old 01-04-2010, 05:30 PM

437 posts, read 675,208 times
I feel this way about the whole PUA scene because I have heard enough guys explicitly state their purpose is to have as much sex with as many girls as they possible can in the shortest amount of time.

And your problem is...

Look if we were all allowed our full sexual freedom (whether it was seeing prostitutes, marrying foreign wifes, etc...) and more of our money (lower taxes, fewer government spending for women, less social spending where Uncle Same is sugar daddy) fewer people would be into pickup because men would have more options and women would actually have to do something nice for a man to get his cash. Since women and manginas have tossed it all aside to stack the deck in favor of women, some men are looking to re-shuffle the deck.

I've never been a fan of guys in general who like to play girls just so they can get some sex out of it.

But men need to play girls to get laid. Don't like that? Stop rewarding players and start dating/sleeping with nice guys even if they are boring.

If all you want is sex then be upfront about it.

which will lead to being slapped and in anycase unsuccessful for 99% of men.

Don't mangle with the girl's mind and emotions and pretend that you feel an incredible connection and etc. That's just cruel.

I agree with you. A PUA shouldn't lie (and yes, you can be successful and be truthful). However, it is also cruel what I illustrated above- how society stacks the deck in favor of women in the mating game. Until that is addressed, more people will do what works. If that means lying, manipulating, being a thug or gangster... they will do it and women have only themselves to blame because they decide the circumstances under which they say yes.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:34 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I had to laugh at this. My ex, ten years after we split, bought himself a Russian wife who spends his money on diamond rings and fur coats for herself. She had none of that when he brought her over. She told a nurse, whom she didn't know knew my ex, that she's single and wanted to meet an eligible doctor.

My ex is a good looking man, not fat or even close to balding. All kinds of people get taken.
This is just the type of thing that restores one's belief in there being justice in the universe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships