Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 05:17 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
A lot of women aren't even into exciting things...so why would she need an exciting guy? I think I'm pretty good company..and this is real life not a romantic comedy. The guy trying to act like Adam Sandler is probably one big goof, not relationship material, cmon already. Brainwashing at it's best. I think the whole dating game around my age is one big pile of bologna. Gentleman in your twenties...enjoy it while you can trust me. At least you can have fun with a 21 year old...a 31 year old? Get ready to be over-analyzed, tested, anal probed, and on and on. Why should I be subjected to a job interview by a woman with unrealistic expectations looking for Mr. Perfect (as if) and on top of that she gets the free meal and show out of the whole deal? Then I don't even get a second date out of it? Please. Seriously women make guys like me that actually want a long term relationship to not even date...I'd rather just go cuddle with a a prostitute at this point I'm so fed up with it.
What I meant by "exciting" is are you fun to talk to? Can you make a woman laugh? If you want a woman to fall in love with you, the two of you have to have a personal chemistry which makes her heart beat faster when she thinks of you.

You sound like your dates are dull as a hill of beans, and that you are someone who sees a glass as half empty rather than it being half full. You dread those first dates as being a job interview and you are suspicious of your date's motives, when instead you should be such good company that she doesn't care what your finances are... And if a woman has time to grill you on your life goals, then it's because you aren't filling the conversation with more interesting topics. And instead of having awkward pauses and giving her the opportunity to conduct a prospective job interview with you, you should be asking her about herself and finding out what makes her tick. Most people love to talk about themselves, take advantage of that. And if you can make a woman feel great about herself when she is with you, then the battle (for her heart) is almost won.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:44 AM

10 posts, read 11,572 times
Hooking with young lass could be dangerous. She may fool you for your money. If you don’t have the dough than you must be dreaming. Try and see the compatibility for long term prospects.

Old 01-18-2024, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
I spent my 20s working on my career. Then, a long-term relationship failed. Then, I started losing my hair. Before I knew it, I acquired the label older single. Well, the dating pool is abysmal--consisting of an abundance of women with children, etc. The Sex in the City women don't exist in my world. I'd like to know how the older single men are seducing young, hot women in their 20s.
I don't think normal guys can seduce women, because they're not really in a position to. I think if you're a casting director, you can seduce the women who audition, but if you're just a random middle age guy, I don't think that route will work. If you just a random guy walking up to a woman in a park and seducing her, she's just going to walk away. I've studied pick up artists for a couple of years now, and I've never seen that result in a date. Some of the guys are good with talking, have long conversations with the females, and even get phone numbers, but none of them get calls back, let alone get a date. I know some guys who have done over 10,000 approaches, and some who have been doing this for years with nothing to show for it. Now with that said, it doesn't mean that you can't find a hot woman in her 20s, you're just not going to get that by seducing them in a park. Honestly, you got to learn to read people. If you look at salesmen, they don't approach everyone, only the people who look like they might buy their product. Same thing with PUA. If you want to be a good pua, you can't just approach a female because she looks good. She also has to look interested. I realize you are old, and time is running out for you, but there are really no shortcuts. And to be honest, it could take years before you learn to read someone, especially if you're autistic, which most PUA are. This is why pua blindly approach random women. Another problem with pua is that they tend to target hot women, which is why all pua are permanently single. If you look at most males, they don't always go for the hottest women. They go for women who are compatible with them. Being realistic is what will get you paired up.

Old 01-18-2024, 09:35 AM

6,865 posts, read 4,860,189 times
This is an ancient dead thread. Why doesn't CD delete or just close the decade old posts?

Old 01-18-2024, 09:47 AM

6,562 posts, read 12,048,122 times
Hopefully the OP isn't still into ones that young, especially now Gen Z is like a whole different breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIAMSWIFT View Post
I don't think normal guys can seduce women, because they're not really in a position to. I think if you're a casting director, you can seduce the women who audition, but if you're just a random middle age guy, I don't think that route will work. If you just a random guy walking up to a woman in a park and seducing her, she's just going to walk away. I've studied pick up artists for a couple of years now, and I've never seen that result in a date. Some of the guys are good with talking, have long conversations with the females, and even get phone numbers, but none of them get calls back, let alone get a date. I know some guys who have done over 10,000 approaches, and some who have been doing this for years with nothing to show for it. Now with that said, it doesn't mean that you can't find a hot woman in her 20s, you're just not going to get that by seducing them in a park. Honestly, you got to learn to read people. If you look at salesmen, they don't approach everyone, only the people who look like they might buy their product. Same thing with PUA. If you want to be a good pua, you can't just approach a female because she looks good. She also has to look interested. I realize you are old, and time is running out for you, but there are really no shortcuts. And to be honest, it could take years before you learn to read someone, especially if you're autistic, which most PUA are. This is why pua blindly approach random women. Another problem with pua is that they tend to target hot women, which is why all pua are permanently single. If you look at most males, they don't always go for the hottest women. They go for women who are compatible with them. Being realistic is what will get you paired up.
That I didn't know. However it makes sense since it is challenging for people with autism to be in long term relationships so that could be why they resort to hookups/flings instead.

Old 01-18-2024, 01:18 PM

4,534 posts, read 2,669,541 times
I know it's a necro-thread, but if you're 35 or whatever, how about trying to take up with grown women?

I think the guy who always goes after (he believes) young naive unformed women, has a deep problem. I prefer grown-up women, always have. Yeah, sometimes they'll have a mind of their own, and tell me about it. Do you want a life partner, or a slave?

And that cute young clueless 19 year old you get involved with as a 35 year old - well, in 15 years she'll be 34 and she won't be interested in your BS anymore.

Old 01-19-2024, 08:04 AM

6,562 posts, read 12,048,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
I know it's a necro-thread, but if you're 35 or whatever, how about trying to take up with grown women?

I think the guy who always goes after (he believes) young naive unformed women, has a deep problem. I prefer grown-up women, always have. Yeah, sometimes they'll have a mind of their own, and tell me about it. Do you want a life partner, or a slave?

And that cute young clueless 19 year old you get involved with as a 35 year old - well, in 15 years she'll be 34 and she won't be interested in your BS anymore.
Or at around 35 maybe ones in their late 20's/early 30's at the youngest.

Old 01-19-2024, 08:37 AM

2,969 posts, read 1,642,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Or at around 35 maybe ones in their late 20's/early 30's at the youngest.
Who decided on this "rule"? When I was 29 I dated a man who was 41. We enjoyed each other's company and had a great time.

As long as people are adults and compatible their ages are no one's business.

Old 01-19-2024, 09:03 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
This thread is pretty old.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships