Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 02:37 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,299,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Its too bad the women here are giving you such a hard time over this innocent thread. I agree with everything you say here, but, you should have known that internet message boards/forums are frequented (a majority of the regulars) by overweight women. Its one of their only respites of being able to communicate with people and not be judged on their weight/obesity. Oh sure, you'll always get a few that say "I not fat, but I used to be" or "LOL Im a big girl and you dont know what youre LOL talking LOL about LOL" laughing off their obesity, but for the most part, LOTS of the female regulars here ARE overweight.

Are ALL of them "mental cases" who blame men for not liking them? NO!! But I think many of the ones you see here posting in the Relationship forum would be well served to spend more time in the Exercise and Fitness forum learning about how to get out and get healthy and lose the fat. Then, when they start attracting guys, they WILL FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES AND STOP ATTACKING SOMEONE LIKE YOU WHO POSE AN INTERESTING QUESTION.
You can see through everyone's computer monitors and tell how fat/thin we are?

Wow!!!!!!! I'm impressed!

You should patent that ability and sell it. There would be NO more internet liars on the dating sites, that's for sure!

Old 01-04-2010, 02:53 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,397,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You can see through everyone's computer monitors and tell how fat/thin we are?

Wow!!!!!!! I'm impressed!

You should patent that ability and sell it. There would be NO more internet liars on the dating sites, that's for sure!
Oh Lao?...he's enlightened, so he can see a lot of things the rest of us regular fat folks can't.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:59 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,299,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Are you single?
Quite happily married!

Old 01-04-2010, 03:17 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,069,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Quite happily married!
I simply think these 'fat phobics' cannot get over the fact all sorts date and have happy lives and get married! They want a plus size woman to feel like %$# and be thankful we can breathe the same air as them.

You guys call us 'mental' and other nasty names. You are the bitter ones who can't get your heads around the fact WE are not interested if YOU like us for what we look like or not. Many of us ARE IN RELATIONSHIPS with normal men who love us.

Every woman who says anything contrary here to your narrow minded thinking automatically is (in your minds) #1-100 ton Tessies, #2 mental, #3- Internet losers with no lives...

Where, again, are these 'woe as me' women you speak of? Most of us say if you don't like us for who we are, then fine.

Who is arguing YOU have to accept fat women as mates?

What I object to are the insults like we are lesser beings for being 'bigger.'
You want us to say we suck. You want us to feel like we should not exist.

Disagree and we 'must be fatties with no lives.' You wish!

It's laughable how you seek to perpetuate sterotypes and we should just sit here and 'take it' because YOU think it's a joke to make fun of us.

Again, I am not the ****ing poster child for 'fat women' but you guys do **** me off with your nasty comments. It's like you think you are some sort of 'gift' because you 'work out a few times a week...so do I....big deal...!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:35 PM

90 posts, read 70,992 times
The issue of obesity in America is a complex one and it isn't just about blaming the victim (the obese person). As a society, we have glorified fast food and bigger portions for decades, along with the fact that we are the most car-centric nation on earth and many of our towns and cities are designed with driving from A to B in mind, rather than walking. We work longer hours than our European counterparts and add to that, our foods are laden with high fructose corn syrup.

Blaming the individual only goes so far in a society that has embraced the worst-of-the worst food and lifestyle for decades. Blaming the victim and making fun of obese people is about as low as you can go, but that's just a reflection on our rather cruel society.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:41 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5000 View Post
Blaming the individual only goes so far in a society that has embraced the worst-of-the worst food and lifestyle for decades. Blaming the victim and making fun of obese people is about as low as you can go, but that's just a reflection on our rather cruel society.
100% of the blame SHOULD be on the individual. Trying to say its "society" is just a cop out. Its too easy for people to say things like "Oh Im fat because I can only afford McDonalds" or "I blame society because Im fat". That is ridiculous. What ever happened to taking control of your own life and being responsible for your own actions? Does it not apply to people who are overweight? Your "blame it on society" argument is totally ridiculous.

If anyone has the "woe is me attitude" they should get up and get out and do something about it. Dont try to point the finger or lay the blame on anyone or anything other than the person in the mirror.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:23 PM

90 posts, read 70,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
100% of the blame SHOULD be on the individual. Trying to say its "society" is just a cop out. Its too easy for people to say things like "Oh Im fat because I can only afford McDonalds" or "I blame society because Im fat". That is ridiculous. What ever happened to taking control of your own life and being responsible for your own actions? Does it not apply to people who are overweight? Your "blame it on society" argument is totally ridiculous.

If anyone has the "woe is me attitude" they should get up and get out and do something about it. Dont try to point the finger or lay the blame on anyone or anything other than the person in the mirror.
It's not about woe is me and the blame is equally on society as a whole for the obesity problem in this country, along with the food manufacturers. Why does the US have such a huge obesity problem compared to other countries? Are Americans naturally flawed and lazy, or have we evolved into a junk food, fast food, fast living and car-centric society? As much as you may disagree / argue with me, the answer is the latter. It's time we addressed the REAL issues, instead of picking on people like high school bullies.

Although you may believe that your "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" attitude is helpful and constructive, it actually isn't.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:27 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,494,182 times
I'm far from slim...and I've NEVER had problems attracting men or getting l***. It isn't just skinny women who turn heads.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
I'm far from slim...and I've NEVER had problems attracting men or getting l***. It isn't just skinny women who turn heads.
Absolutely right.

Some of the sexiest women I've seen were not slim. They had thighs, bums and breasts. Proportional meat and flesh on their bodies FTW.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,350,657 times
Ok, I have a question, because what I've read so far is women are like me and do not have a "woe is me" attitude... how many overweight women in here feel sorry for themselves, and have pity parties and think men who aren't attracted to us are shallow jerks?

I would not be one of them. I'm thinking there aren't going to be many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.