Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 06:50 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
The general sentiment here though is true, since help comes to those who help themselves. Fat women who have no dates should seek to problem-solve and get out of their situation.
The same goes for bald men, short men, fat men, and so on.

Don't cry about your problems. Stop blaming others. Of course we all want a nice package. But beauty or handsomeness must also have some substance.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
The same goes for bald men, short men, fat men, and so on.

Don't cry about your problems. Stop blaming others. Of course we all want a nice package. But beauty or handsomeness must also have some substance.
Indeed. It goes for everyone. Men and women.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I have no doubt there are women out there that do whine. I was just referring to in here. I think those kind of women need to get off their butts and do something instead of whine, and your sister was right...they CAN get a man while overweight, but attitude has a lot to do with it.
I think [and hope] the OP was referring to what he had seen outside in the real world.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:59 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5000 View Post
It's not about woe is me and the blame is equally on society as a whole for the obesity problem in this country, along with the food manufacturers. Why does the US have such a huge obesity problem compared to other countries? Are Americans naturally flawed and lazy, or have we evolved into a junk food, fast food, fast living and car-centric society? As much as you may disagree / argue with me, the answer is the latter. It's time we addressed the REAL issues, instead of picking on people like high school bullies.

Although you may believe that your "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" attitude is helpful and constructive, it actually isn't.
Obesity is becoming a world-wide problem, due to diet and modern lifestyles. It's not just an American thing.

I think most of the time it IS personal responsibility which is key.

Nobody has to eat KFC or Wendy's. Nobody is restricted from walking around their block for an hour or two a week as exercise, or going to the gym a few times a week.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:08 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Because women hate being judged on their looks by Men but have no problems doing it themselves..

God forbid a short guy who gets rejected whines at all about his plight which he has no control over unlike a fat women who can changer her situation, but take some sloppy fat women who has no self control to put down a twinkie and shell have women come to her side and tell her how beautful she is and that Men are jerks for not dating this mess..

Old 01-05-2010, 12:28 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Because women hate being judged on their looks by Men but have no problems doing it themselves..

God forbid a short guy who gets rejected whines at all about his plight which he has no control over unlike a fat women who can changer her situation, but take some sloppy fat women who has no self control to put down a twinkie and shell have women come to her side and tell her how beautful she is and that Men are jerks for not dating this mess..
Oh please. Plenty of people have said that they have no problem with what other people find attractive or preferable. Calling women you find unattractive sloppy, Twinkie-gorging messes is what we are talking about. Why is it necessary to use that kind of language? It's just rude and mean. You clearly have a massive chip on your shoulder about your height, but I challenge you to find posts where women refer to short men in terms similar to what you use here.

There is a huge difference between "I do not find short men attractive" and "Short men are losers who can't satisfy women with their tiny tools." If you can't see that, then you have a problem. The latter is the equivalent of the kind of garbage said here almost every day about overweight women.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:33 PM

I have to say one thing that other women are equally at fault with ridiculing overweight women. This is not a campaign started by men just to torture women. I've seen plenty of women [slim ones obviously] who have no problems dishing it out giving it large to fat women.

And another thing, fat men also get ridiculed but most of the time they just brush it off and don't make a big deal out of it. I was fat once [albeit not for a very long time] and I was ripped to shreds by men & women equally, and to be honest I did not care one bit.

I'm not saying it's right or excusing it, but I'm just suggesting people to grow a thicker skin.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:36 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
I think one of underlying issues here, at least in part, is about this: There was so much ugliness on this thread about overweight women. The not so subtle message is that fat = unattractive and not worthy of love. But all people, those looking for long-term good relationships, long for that partner who truly will love them "for better or worse"...things happen along the way in life, and very soon we all lose the "bloom" of our more attractive youth. Some things we can help or resolve, some things we cannot. There is a deep underlying fear in most of us that when the inevitable begins to happen, our partner will leave us. Thus the overt message may be "fat women [or bald men] -- Ugh! Unworthy of Love!", but the covert message is "I will lose my partner/spouse/lover if I don't remain as perfect as possible"...Yes, we all need to try to maintain our health and vitality. But sometimes we can't...for whatever reason. Does that mean we are then not worth anything? I think not. Just MHO.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:40 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
I guess it's too hard to exercise a little tact.

Common courtesy is dead....

Old 01-05-2010, 12:42 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
And another thing, fat men also get ridiculed but most of the time they just brush it off and don't make a big deal out of it. I was fat once [albeit not for a very long time] and I was ripped to shreds by men & women equally, and to be honest I did not care one bit.
Even in the 21st century, many women have internalized that their worth comes partially or totally from their appearance, so that an insult about looks really cuts to the bone. Men might not be bothered by being called fat or ugly, but many would flinch at being called a loser or cheap or bad in bed--insults that demean a man's success or ability as a lover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships