Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 05:01 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times

Advertisements

It has nothing to do with be straight or gay.

I suspect many fat gay men are turned down by slim attractive gay men and tend to think that young attractive slim gay men are full of drama, are shallow and way too picky.

Some people just like a slim, trim and well toned body. I would think any gay man would understand that.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:01 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,064,838 times
Default You guys are legends in your own minds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
the fact is there are a lot of fat women around who are bitter at guys who turn them down for being overweight.

To say it's shallowness is bull. It's no more shallow than only dating blondes, brunettes or women with large breasts.

I think the OP makes a valid point in that it is the fat women's fault, not men's or "society's" for them not being seen as viable dating material.
WHO ARE ALL THESE FATTIES MAKING A PLAY FOR YOU "PRIZE HOT GUYS?"
Seriously, do you guys obsessed with fat women threads do nothing but imagine every girl in the world WANTS you?

Old 01-02-2010, 05:02 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
It's not a small portion.
I agree everywhere you look you see fat ass people. Myself included, What kind of trips me out is is how teenagers are getting so fat so young. I didn't start putting on weight til I was well into my 20's. Now all you see is fat kids.

Too much PS3 I guess.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,630 times
my buddy told me over half the US is overweight now. he said that now means hes average and not fat

Old 01-02-2010, 05:08 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
Quote:
the fact is there are a lot of fat women around who are bitter at guys who turn them down for being overweight.

To say it's shallowness is bull. It's no more shallow than only dating blondes, brunettes or women with large breasts.

I think the OP makes a valid point in that it is the fat women's fault, not men's or "society's" for them not being seen as viable dating material.
There is a market for everyone. Google "BBW Dating" and see how many sites are dedicated to larger women. There are men out there who love them, but I doubt a quality man will want a woman with such a crappy attitude.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:10 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Seriously, do you guys obsessed with fat women threads do nothing but imagine every girl in the world WANTS you?
I'd like to know too.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:10 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,179,905 times
Quote:
It's no more shallow than only dating blondes, brunettes or women with large breasts.
Oh the irony.
(I agree with your overall assessment, Samston- that no one is obligated to date someone they are not attracted to- but what you've posted above seems pretty shallow...kind of like if I said "only dating millionaires" etc.)
Just my opinion, of course.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:14 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,191,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Most men at some point in their life have been called all sorts of names for rejecting a so-called overweight women purely for her weight. I have, my brothers have, all my friends have. And I suspect a large number of men on this board have.

I'm no hottie by any means, but I do look good and I am in good shape, and yet I was expected to happily accept a woman with fat all over the place. The OP has a perfectly valid point, there is a huge woe-is-me attitude amongst overweight women. I have nothing against them personally, but sometimes a person who can never get a date need to look in the mirror and examine what's wrong with him/her. And that goes for single mums, nice guys and fat women. And everyone else with issues.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:22 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,064,838 times
You guys need to man up and tell these 'hoards of women' you don't fancy them. Be honest. Say I am not attracted to you, Cow-woman. Heifer. Big Mama, whatever you choose. Make it mean.

If it devastates them, well, you've done your job for 'hot guys' everywhere. These ladies have 'no reason or right to have feelings!'

If they say you don't like me because I am fat tell them "That's right." Then they can choose to deal with their weight or not. It might be a good eye opener for these women.

How dare they think they can get 'someone' above their stations?

Old 01-02-2010, 05:26 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,380,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Oh the irony.
(I agree with your overall assessment, Samston- that no one is obligated to date someone they are not attracted to- but what you've posted above seems pretty shallow...kind of like if I said "only dating millionaires" etc.)
Just my opinion, of course.
My central point is that, to a large degree, in our society overweight women hold a disadvantage in the dating stakes. Of course, this does not mean nobody wants to date them; we all have different tastes in whom we deem/find attractive.

Nonetheless, the key is turning a negative into a positive. Losing weight/eating healthier would make one more attractive to date. Focusing more on improving personality can also have the same effect.

I agree with Dorrans and others who have voiced similar comments - sometimes we have to look at how we are at fault in situations, instead of presuming others are always to blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships