Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:54 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times

Advertisements

Goodness, what a pic!

I'd be happy to try a refresher course with your assistance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 04:49 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,481,813 times
My experience is that plenty of people have very little self discipline. They drink, they smoke, they are promiscuous to the point of carrying diseases, they can't hold unto money for 10 minutes, they always blame other people etc.

Does sex addiction exist? How in the world could I possibly know?

Old 12-31-2010, 05:05 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
"Sex addiction - do you believe it exists?"
That depends on geography. Americans have incredible problems with anything concerning sex. In America the sex drive is considered as something undesirable which makes the person abnormal. Could it be that in America the sex drive is a psychological disorder?
This is a nation of prudes (although most will deny it). Anyone who has ever lived in a different country should know that many people laugh about America's distaste for sex.
So yes, in America anyone who thinks about sex more than one moment per day is an addict. Hurry up and get therapy!

Old 12-31-2010, 05:07 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Nah. I like sex. I like it a lot. But I don't believe it's an addiction.

To me, the acid test for whether some compulsion is an actual disease is the response of the medical community to it. Take alcohol, for instance. If it were a real disease, then how come researchers aren't working 24/7 on a treatment for it?

As it stands, the prescribed 'treatment' for drug and sex addiction is to stand in front of a room full of strangers and talk about how you are powerless and need to put your trust in a higher power. What kind witch-doctor voodoo crap is that? Should we rub together some chicken bones while we're at it? I mean, if you have cancer or diabetes, do you stand in front of a room of strangers and talk endlessly about your diseases, too?

Hey, drug addiction I get. But sex addiction? Nope.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Nah. I like sex. I like it a lot. But I don't believe it's an addiction.

To me, the acid test for whether some compulsion is an actual disease is the response of the medical community to it. Take alcohol, for instance. If it were a real disease, then how come researchers aren't working 24/7 on a treatment for it?

As it stands, the prescribed 'treatment' for drug and sex addiction is to stand in front of a room full of strangers and talk about how you are powerless and need to put your trust in a higher power. What kind witch-doctor voodoo crap is that? Should we rub together some chicken bones while we're at it? I mean, if you have cancer or diabetes, do you stand in front of a room of strangers and talk endlessly about your diseases, too?

Hey, drug addiction I get. But sex addiction? Nope.
I don't think that's the best of tests. Being a sex addict is actually quite enjoyable and you're not about to die from it; hence, people don't line up for cure and there's no money in it.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:01 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't think that's the best of tests. Being a sex addict is actually quite enjoyable and you're not about to die from it; hence, people don't line up for cure and there's no money in it.
Yeah, they make their money off of people who get caught with their pants down by their spouse. If it's an "addition" then it's not their fault, must be an off balance of chemistry that made them do all those evil fun things with all those other horny people.

Me, I admit I'm a semi-pervert and don't blame it on others. I've worked hard to get where I'm at today.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:59 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
No.

Ever notice how "sex addicts" are always married famous and wealthy men that have women at their beck and call?

Old 01-01-2011, 08:06 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,481,813 times
LolSnaps | Funny Pictures and Funny Videos | Don't Fall For This

Old 01-01-2011, 08:08 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
No.

It's just an excuse to live like an animal.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
I think it's like any other addiction - more emotional than physical but anything that's out of control, that has taken over the person is an addiction. Gambling, sex, drinking, video games, shopping - they can all destroy marriages, lives, school, work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships