Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 05:54 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
YOUR CHILD COMES FIRST,you never put a man over your blood,your child!!if this man loves you so much,he will wiat for you!!!If not,to the hell with him!!ENOUGH FISH IN THE OCEAN!!!

Emigrating to a new country is not soo easy as you imagine!!You could make a big mistake!!You never lived with him together and you are ready to risk everything.
Why do you keep changing your name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Not true at all? You've got to be kidding. You must be one of those people who believe fathers are disposable.
You believe this. I think more fathers should have custody especially of male children. Moms are more likely to keep visitation commitments and not play game. keywords: more likely.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Many children of divorced parents WITHIN the US live way farther from the non-custodial parent.
Excellent point. (sorry out of reps)

Old 01-05-2010, 06:03 PM

309 posts, read 1,210,543 times
Greetings,
If this relationship was from God - I dont believe there would be so much of " What do I do here"
it would all fall into place.
Have you checked in becoming a citizen and being able to work there? It is not as easy for us to go there and work as it is for them to come here.
I know KY very well and related to a good portion of it. I dont think it would be good at your kids age to uproot anything. They need both of there parents. From what I've seen the older the child gets, to move them, the more they struggle. And they will lash out.
I was told one time " When in dout do nothing" it will all work out. Canada being a safer place? I dont believe it is any different then here. I have cousins who left KY and moved to Canada, there having the same struggles there as we are here. Glad your heart is open to know you can have another relationship. I know there are some great men in KY and wonderful place to raise your kids.
I say stay in KY and take the job..................
BE Blessed

Old 01-05-2010, 06:04 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
If you clicked on my name you would have that answer. I'm a grown woman who works with abused and neglected children and was raised (very well) by a single parent. Just becausae my thinking doesn't agree with yours you have no right to say I'm not right in my thinking. Have you ever seen the effects of living with unhappy parents on children? I have and it isn't pretty. Because the best relationship model they've seen is one with misery and unhappiness.

Children are much better off with happy parents...even if they are not together.
Oh please. Is mom unhappy? NO. She's disappointed her current romance isn't working out. And does happy HAVE to include a boyfriend? I'm just wondering why she wouldn't be unhappy when she's not done raising her kids. Oh yes, it's the proverbial 2nd spouse that most people will leave their kids behind for.

The kid is nearly grown, she can wait.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
Quote:
You believe this. I think more fathers should have custody especially of male children. Moms are more likely to keep visitation commitments and not play game. keywords: more likely.
No, it's not me, it's you. You seem to think it's not a big deal for a kid to be without a parent. Just because you were without one, doesn't mean it would be the same for all kids.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:09 PM

I wouldn't. If my child had a perfectly responsible father willing and able to care for him, why not? Parents are just as entitled to romance and happiness as everyone. Children are suppose enhance your life, not stop it. Life doesn't stop because you have children.

Just because this guy turned out not to be the right one doesn't mean she can't or won't find someoone else and she does not have a moral imperative to wait until her children are both grown to do that. Life is too short.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Why do you keep changing your name?
Who is this now...?

Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
No, it's not me, it's you. You seem to think it's not a big deal for a kid to be without a parent. Just because you were without one, doesn't mean it would be the same for all kids.
Every child is different. It isn't the number of parents a child has that makes a difference but the quality of the parents. I know of children who grow up in two parent homes who are just messed up as kids who grow-up in single parent households.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:13 PM

Buburuza13 = Yankeegirl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships