Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 10:12 AM

440 posts, read 1,029,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
yes, nice people with money grow on trees as well, and are slightly more sought after.
These trees must be rare, I'm not sure I've ever seen one! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 12:16 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,396,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Totally agree wih those who say this is the wrong forum. But to add a political aspect to this I would say the welfare state has worked in the favor of bad boys and against good decent men. A woman could have the baby of a rotten bad boy who won't stick around and the government will reward her with generous benefits, With no welfare state lower socieconomic women would look for a decent man to form a family with instead of an exciting hypermasculine bad boy or thug who becomes a babydaddy.
makes perfect sense

Old 01-06-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I admit liking the bad guys, hoping to make them to good guys. Which usually doesn't work. And I am old enough to know that. I had a nice guy once - he did everything for me and it was really annoying. It bored me really quick and I treated him like crap (I was about 20). He kept crying and was suicidal and I hoped he stands up for himself and tells me not to be like that so I can respect him. He did not. He still gets kicked around and recently contacted me, telling me he still loves me (why????). I hated myself during the time we were dating because I am usually not a bad person, he just triggered that in me. Everybody told me how cute he is and I should appreciate it and I really tried, that is, why it lastet for 2 years (and the sex was awesome). He did all the nice things I was hoping to get from the bad guy I dated before that. In my opinion women do want a guy who they have to fight for love a little bit - but too much is unhealthy and exhausting - he should be a man and not a whimp. But finding a guy who is not a criminal but still kinda wild, not too loving but not too cold either, who I can take care of but not have to clean up behind him, who doesn't cry when it's cold and he has to take the dog for a walk, who doesn't clean like a girl but also doesn't live in the dirt, who is kinda rough but sensitive in bed - this is not easy to find.Guys who do EVERYTHING for a girl, are super nice, say always "yes" and spend their last dime on them (and then complain), they DO WANT to be treated bad or at least that is what they are sending out to women. I can only laugh about guys showing up at Judge Judy and complaining, they spent too much on a girl. I do not respect a guy who does everything without questioning. Yes, I noticed that nice guys finish last.I have some male friends who complain about that. They need longer to find the right girl but at the end their relationships are dramafree and they find a really nice girl who appreciates them.
As a guy I totally agree with your point of view. My younger sister just got engaged to a nice guy, but wishes he'd be more assertive. He's nieve in the sense that he believes everybody is his friend and doesn't tell people off and it drives my sister crazy. I treat people how they treat me, IF they're nice I'm nice, but I don't believe in kissing anyone's ass. I would guess that no woman would want to be with a man that can't stand up for himself. I totally get why that's unattractive, no matter his looks, his money, or how great the sex is. It seems like guys today are either white-trash Eminem wanna-be's or ultra pretty boys. Don't be rotten all the way around, be nice, but be a man too. It does you good to tell somebody off every now and then, (I just did it yesterday and got an apology out of it).
As far as the nice guy you dated, he has issues!

Old 01-06-2010, 01:46 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
I like nice girls. The best use for my cannibalistic nature was to eat the vital organs of anyone who messed with nice girls.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:00 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I admit liking the bad guys, hoping to make them to good guys. Which usually doesn't work. And I am old enough to know that. I had a nice guy once - he did everything for me and it was really annoying. It bored me really quick and I treated him like crap (I was about 20). He kept crying and was suicidal and I hoped he stands up for himself and tells me not to be like that so I can respect him. He did not. He still gets kicked around and recently contacted me, telling me he still loves me (why????). I hated myself during the time we were dating because I am usually not a bad person, he just triggered that in me. Everybody told me how cute he is and I should appreciate it and I really tried, that is, why it lastet for 2 years (and the sex was awesome). He did all the nice things I was hoping to get from the bad guy I dated before that. In my opinion women do want a guy who they have to fight for love a little bit - but too much is unhealthy and exhausting - he should be a man and not a whimp. But finding a guy who is not a criminal but still kinda wild, not too loving but not too cold either, who I can take care of but not have to clean up behind him, who doesn't cry when it's cold and he has to take the dog for a walk, who doesn't clean like a girl but also doesn't live in the dirt, who is kinda rough but sensitive in bed - this is not easy to find.Guys who do EVERYTHING for a girl, are super nice, say always "yes" and spend their last dime on them (and then complain), they DO WANT to be treated bad or at least that is what they are sending out to women. I can only laugh about guys showing up at Judge Judy and complaining, they spent too much on a girl. I do not respect a guy who does everything without questioning. Yes, I noticed that nice guys finish last.I have some male friends who complain about that. They need longer to find the right girl but at the end their relationships are dramafree and they find a really nice girl who appreciates them.
I undertsand you dont like doormats but to want a guy who you have to "fight for his love" sounds al little much,u seem to be the type to like drama and playing games which should be a red flag to most Men..

I want a women mature enough to not be bored by a guy just because hes not aloof and indifferent at times..

Old 01-06-2010, 06:07 PM

Nice guys dont finish last ugly nice guys finish last,its about looks

If a guys good looking no women will turn him down because hes "nice",at the same time if hes an ass they may put up with it for awhile because hes hot not because they like asses..

Some guys blame the fact that theyre "too nice" as to why they cant get women when its probably because of their face..

No amount of niceness will make your face attractive..

Old 01-06-2010, 06:44 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

If a guys good looking no women will turn him down because hes "nice",at the same time if hes an ass they may put up with it for awhile because hes hot not because they like asses..

Some guys blame the fact that theyre "too nice" as to why they cant get women when its probably because of their face..

Missing the Mach 3 today doesn't help either!LOL........ Man, I'm pooped!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

That's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard. I know women that are hot but wouldn't date them because of their personality or type of person they are, (I'm not saying all hot women are *******, though. Don't take it the wrong way). So you're saying a guy could have a penis the size of your pinky and couldn't put out worth a damn but because he has a nice face girls will fall all over him & stay with him.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:55 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
That's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard. I know women that are hot but wouldn't date them because of their personality or type of person they are, (I'm not saying all hot women are *******, though. Don't take it the wrong way). So you're saying a guy could have a penis the size of your pinky and couldn't put out worth a damn but because he has a nice face girls will fall all over him & stay with him.
LMAO........ If you keep that kind of stuff up I'm going to get Pepsi on my keyboard!

Old 01-06-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
No im saying too nice is not an excuse as to why soembody cant get women,ugly might be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships