Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:34 PM

117 posts, read 214,877 times

Advertisements

People are so easy these days though. Thgey can be hustled and played so easily. I could go into my split personality too just like most everyone else does and be the 'greatest' person in the world but Ive stopped those acts and been real in recent years, because if Im not me then theres no use in living. Think about that now materialists who live in fantasyland, how can you be happy if you arent being completely real unconditionally.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 06:39 PM

47 posts, read 39,241 times
Quote:
Well the question is- did he get any? If so then you know your answer, the old hit-n-run trick. Aslo he may just have wanted to boost his esteem by just accomplishing the feat of truly getting someone to be interested in him.
He told me that he didn't want to because anyone could have sex. So I thought he was being a gentleman. After a few days, I did try....to my dismay, he was either not interested or unable to. I am still unsure. It's his loss though, he missed out on one heck of a woman! I will get lucky again, someday, and find a wonderful man. But for now, I will definately be much more careful and less carefree

Old 05-22-2007, 06:46 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Blue whispers to Polly..Maybe that 0ne good guy is right in front of your nose on cdIf he is we can all keep an eye out and let you know our opinions.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:12 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
Swtpolly, I'm so sorry for what happened to you. It sounds to me like you did everything right and just happened to run into a cad. Although the internet is full of creeps, so is the real world. Just consider this guy as one less frog you will have to kiss on your way to your next Prince Charming.

What really stinks is the time you devoted to this man. I'm sure you felt promise for the relationship and since it never took off you're feeling a little hopeless and like you might end up being alone forever. But that will NOT happen! Good things come to good people. I look forward to hearing about Mr. Right when you find him.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:22 PM

Default aggressor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperX View Post
People are so easy these days though. Thgey can be hustled and played so easily. I could go into my split personality too just like most everyone else does and be the 'greatest' person in the world but Ive stopped those acts and been real in recent years, because if Im not me then theres no use in living. Think about that now materialists who live in fantasyland, how can you be happy if you arent being completely real unconditionally.?
Well who was the aggressor as far as flirtatiousness and seducements? Whenever I come across a female who is keyed toward sex and flirtiness I run like crazy, also I stay completely away from those lil tantalizers because if they act like that now, how would I feel when or if I left my heart out to them knowing the tease they can be?

Old 05-22-2007, 07:25 PM

229 posts, read 232,525 times
Swtpolly, sorry to say ...you just never know... that being said... if you are sure of who you are, and have not lied or done anything you would not want done to you then it is a live and learn situation. Yes it hurts, but the scar will always be with you and you can use it later on... not to hide behind but to remind you. Be true to yourself, be honest about your feelings and what the other person makes you feel. Do not be afraid to talk about what strikes you as funny,odd or just not quite right , you know, the little red flags. Best of luck to you.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:31 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
I am in a similar situation being a widow and it is hard to meet someone new. I agree, next time let him come to you. It does hurt when you like them and they back off but that happens. Men are more visual than women, so maybe you just weren't the person he had pictured you would be. Who knows.. he might be one that just likes the chase. Has happened to me and it makes you question yourself.. what went wrong?
Just remember there are a lot of con men out there so don't trust anyone until you actually meet and you can verify who they are.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:36 PM

Default con

You are sooooo right abouut that. That song ' there is No Arizona' tells it so well. I find it hard to believe that its hard for you to meet someone. You are a female its one of the easiest things to do in the world. I mean even if you were hideously humongous, theres always black guys. What on earth could deter you from being able to get with someone?

Old 05-22-2007, 07:47 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
This might get deleted but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say what I'm sure many people are thinking...........FlipperX, you are a racist and a pig.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:08 PM

Default no offense taken

Im not offended by that, its fine. Im not racist however because I would love and respect a black to my utmost capability if it was deserved but I just havent seen reason to very much in my life, The same goes for whites as well but in recent years I havent seen it from them either so what am I supposed to do just kiss everbodys behind? I give people respect and have manners I just wont let people in or give anyone a true inch, since they think they can take a mile for it. Id really like to but I just cant . It hurts worse to let my guard down and let someone infiltrate me emotionally and get shot down continuously. Im not a pig, I give more to others than myself anyday. Maybe I should start being selfish like most and I wouldnt be viewed as so different. Its not necessarily different that I am, its unique and theres nothing wrong with that. When someone does get my complete respect and heart then they should feel proud of themselves becaus they have to the epitome of true real and honest- keyword real and the big keyword in any kind of relationship is 'teamwork' regardless if its emotional or physical teamwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships