Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 10:55 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,346,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
Lets say you go out on a few dates with an attractive guy/girl and everything is connecting. The person has goals, has a decent job, responsible and considers hisself/herself pretty successful so far. But you find out one day this person smokes marijuana.

I'm not talking about a complete stoner. Just someone that likes to smoke on the weekends some and maybe a little during the week after work or school.

Opinions?
Believe it or not, I have a lot more problems with people who smoke cigarettes and overuse alcohol. Unless this person is a complete pothead, I don't have issues with him smocking once a week or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 10:55 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,514,110 times
While I do not smoke pot, I could never look down on someone who does while I'm sipping on some wine while cooking dinner or boozing it up on the weekends. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me.

Of course I wouldn't want my house smelling like the ****, pot is much less dangerous than alcohol and some of the nicest, smartest and most productive people I know smoke pot.

Big ****ing deal.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:56 AM

12,898 posts, read 13,578,695 times
It really depends on a number of factors, If she pulls out like a half a joint or wrestles a giant bag of buds out from under the front seat of her car , If she has a discrete connection or is like getting it free from her brother who plays in a band or has pot plants in her apartment,

If someone chooses to get high instead of drunk I can deal with that but I don't want to be around some one who's deep in the drug scene, That is buying, selling or growing pot.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:57 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,187,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
My thought: "See ya later."

I do not know one person who uses marijuana as an adult, who has a normal, productive life. They're all unreliable in some way, whether at work or as people. They may be successful, but there is a significant personality flaw or mental illness lurking under the surface in every case. Furthermore, in my experience, marijuana is often not the only drug that the user has done, or does "on occasion". Finally, exposure to any black market product or substance, increases the chance of being victim of a crime, whether it's a property crime or a violent crime.

IMO, there is nothing good surrounding the use of illegal drugs. Nothing.
That's the biggest load of tripe I've read in a long time. I used to be a regular smoker when I was 16-21, and yet during that time I still managed to graduate from University, move out, buy a new car and get a high-earning stable job. Even now, at 25, I smoke it occasionally. I have never broken the law in any shape of form. I am a productive member of society. And all my mates who I used so smoke with in the past all live a very productive life and contribute to society one way or another.

So, for the love of God, stop being so bloody judgemental.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:58 AM

From everything I have read, it would seem the logical thing to do is just legalize the stuff. It's like "ok in moderation, just not as long as they look like complete dope heads". =-/

Old 01-05-2010, 11:00 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,513,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I have never broken the law in any shape of form.
I thought smoking, buying, or possessing pot was illegal?

Old 01-05-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
That's the biggest load of tripe I've read in a long time. I used to be a regular smoker when I was 16-21, and yet during that time I still managed to graduate from University, move out, buy a new car and get a high-earning stable job. Even now, at 25, I smoke it occasionally. I have never broken the law in any shape of form. I am a productive member of society. And all my mates who I used so smoke with in the past all live a very productive life and contribute to society one way or another.

So, for the love of God, stop being so bloody judgemental.
Couldn't agree with you more. It is a load of crap, wish I had seen that post earlier.

What's funny is that I know some people who smoke that you would never ever guess. From executives in a fortune 500 company to a guy who runs his own charity every spring and summer. Pot does not make a person anything but high for the breif duration the high lasts.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I thought smoking, buying, or possessing pot was illegal?
It's also illegal for a group of women to congregate in public without first applying for a permit in thousands of towns across the country.

Absurdity is found in many different forms.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:02 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,346,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
From everything I have read, it would seem the logical thing to do is just legalize the stuff. It's like "ok in moderation, just not as long as they look like complete dope heads". =-/
I agree, although it's off topic, but I find it interesting that alcohol is legal, but pot is not. Anything in moderation is fine, but alcohol has ruined lives even more so then pot, as far as I'm concerned they should just legalize this stuff and call it a day.
I wonder if those people who have issues with pot, have issues with it because it's illegal or is it because it's a drug and if it became legal, like in Amsterdam, would they change their mind about it.

My fundamental issue is that alcohol does even more harm to the body then a good clean weed.

Disclaimer: I am not myself a smocker of any kind.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:03 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,070,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Mary Jane is for losers, sorry, it stinks, makes u act stupid, makes your entire house car, smell like crap, kills braincells, and after a while it makes you start talking like tommy chung!
Please don't write a sentence like that and talk to me about brain cells....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships