Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 03:56 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,729,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
What's funny to me: I was on the metro once and two guys were talking about women. One said, I don't like big girls. I don't date them. When he stood to exit the train, his tie was sitting on his huge belly. WTH, WTF!!! Dude, really!!
The way I see it, I don't have room to complain if the woman is no fatter than me. Of course, if she is fatter than me it's not like I'm going to bring it up, but I may not find her physically attractive, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 03:57 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,283,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
That's a lie!
Tell that to Sir Mix A Lot!

Old 01-06-2010, 04:00 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,938,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Black men tend not to be big complainers about women's weight. Cultural thing I guess (at least in the USA).
LOL!! I think thats because black men are afraid of what black women would do to them if they said ANYTHING about their weight.

If the woman is like Mo'nique, Shirley (from Whats Happening), Della Reece (Vera in Harlem Nights), Queen Latifah or Aretha Franklin, its best that their men just keep their mouths shut when it comes to their weight.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:07 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,191,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL!! I think thats because black men are afraid of what black women would do to them if they said ANYTHING about their weight.

If the woman is like Mo'nique, Shirley (from Whats Happening), Della Reece (Vera in Harlem Nights), Queen Latifah or Aretha Franklin, its best that their men just keep their mouths shut when it comes to their weight.
Yeah, we learn the hard way.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi97K2OmBEc

Old 01-06-2010, 04:19 PM

622 posts, read 1,279,349 times
Quote:
That's what I thought too. Like I said, another C-D poster told me this one on a different thread.

Well I can say that even over the last 10 - 15 years that I have noticed a large increase of obese women when I go out. (men too but to a lesser extent) And thats ok. But years ago when five girls walk in maybe one was overweight. Now its 3 out of 5.

But abusing someone due to the way they look is wrong and a sign of a weak character.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:47 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,098,000 times
Believe me, I try to ingnore fat women as much as I can, but there's such a preponderance of them in this country that it sometimes becomes a tad difficult. I try to only feast my eyes on attractive things, including people. Yeah, I knwn, I know, I'm a superfluous jerk. So be it: we all have our character flaws, and I'm very content with this one.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:50 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,096,949 times
Maybe its the only group u notice getting hammered

People in general Men and Women i always hear rip into people they consider ugly wheter fat women ugly guys whatever..

Its a superfiical society we put a persons looks almost as important a characteristic as character at times..

Old 01-06-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Maybe its the only group u notice getting hammered
I actually got ripped to shreds for having the audacity to like chubby women. Some boys I used to work with, mainly white guys, thought I was absolutely insane and constantly laughed at me for my taste in women - whom they deemed fat. At the time, being the only black male working there, I was fighting a losing battle against those bastards, lol.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:56 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,902,328 times
Quote:
There have been many posts where male members trash overweight women JUST ON A GENERAL BASIS ... trashing perfect strangers who have nothing to do with their own lives at all.

Please explain:

-- How does the weight of women out there in general affect YOUR LIFE so negatively that you must trash them if they are overweight?

-- Why is the size of someone else's body, especially perfect strangers, so important to you that you must trash them if they are overweight?

-- How is the size of someone else's body, especially perfect strangers, your business to the point that you must trash them if they are overweight?

It is really ridiculous to me how far some of you are going. I personally do not focus on ridiculing the shortcomings of men I am not attracted to and making a big deal of it. For instance, if I were out in the dating world, I would just IGNORE (if they were ignoring me) or politely decline advances (if they expressed interest in me) from those I am not attracted to, not make it my mission to rake them over the coals for the characteristics I personally am not attracted to! So, men, please shed some light on this rude habit many of you seem to have! TIA!
I would imagine the people who trash "overweight" women are just projecting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships