Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 03:55 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Now, once LOST starts back up...move out of the way. That's my one guilty pleasure.
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 04:21 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Not nearly enough. I keep trying to empty my DVR so I can record something else I find interesting.

How does it affect relationships? Well, if the two of you aren't interested in the same types of shows, someone loses out. Even if you have two TV's, and can watch your individual shows separately--you both lose out.

Now, if you both really enjoy a show, it can be an entertaining time.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:44 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I think we are a much more balanced group than I was expecting to find. Maybe, as one poster said, it's because we are internet people, not TV people.

I pretty much gave up TV several years ago. I still watch DVD's and check out the news/weather. Once in a while there's a show I really want to see. Maybe an old movie or two.

I used to be a TV junkie. If I was awake, the tube was on. I lived in rural MN where there wasn't much to do and winter lasted more than half the year. The other half of the year was lost in a cloud of biting insects. The TV was just mindless entertainment that became a bad habit. Eventually I felt I wasn't accomplishing much with my time off and started resenting my TV habit.

Then I moved to NV and suddenly had lots of things to do, warm weather, and no bugs. Somehow the TV was just never turned on. I just had better things to do. I live in a city where there are lots of people and activities. Real life was a lot more fun than mindless days and nights on the couch with the TV. People are much more fun than TV. I'd rather go out and do something than watch another night of reruns. I was surprised when I stopped to think about it that weeks had gone by and the TV had never been turned on.

I'm glad I rejoined the real world. It's been a good change for me.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:49 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
I stopped watching television a little more than two years ago, and I have yet to miss it. I just couldn't stand the advertisements any longer, and by that point I was only watching a couple of shows which were always reruns anyway. I do use the internet fairly often, but I even get bored with it pretty easily sometimes. Ending my television days was the best thing I ever did for myself, and I have no intention of taking it up again. I do have a TV with a DVD player to watch movies occasionally, though. I love old movies.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:55 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
CD is my TV. I don't have time for both the net and TV. I'm here too much, tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships