Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 04:13 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,743,989 times

Advertisements

My oh my, but this thread has been interesting to read! Lots more interesting ideas and advice than I ever imagined would be received, and lots of insight into how we (men and women) think!

Thanks for the many posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 04:34 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
I just came from a forum where I posted an (apparently) unpopular opinion and got slammed into the dirt by other women. I don't get this. Is it not possible to disagree with others without turning it into a personal attack?

Is there not room in the world for different opinions? And why oh why, are women so downright mean to each other?

Why do women say things to virtual strangers over the internet that they would never in a million years say in person? Are we all *that* angry that we use the 'net as our outlet to attack and malign one another?

My thought is, you have NO idea what the poor soul on the other side of that computer screen in going through. You have no idea how hard their life may be. You don't know how many burdens they have in their real life.

What happened to grace and forbearance and kindness? Aren't women supposed to be the gentler sex? Aren't we supposed to have a nurturing gene?

Why are women so mean to other women???
It's because women rarely get into physical fights on the street. It's mostly just verbal but in rare cases goes knuckle to knuckle. Or should I say hair to hair? Men don't do it nearly as much if notice. Take this board for an example. How many men do you see going at it? Not many. Guys get punched out for that in real life and tend to behave or act accordingly.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:43 PM

208 posts, read 415,998 times
Why are women so mean to one another? Take your pick. You can even take more than one.

1. Not enough orgasms

2. Bored with their life

3. Regret past decisions

4. Opportunity to flex power and influence when none exists elsewhere in their lives

5. Not enough orgasms

6. Low self esteem

7. Dysfunctional background

8. Jealousy

9. Lack self control

10. Just evil

Old 03-11-2011, 04:48 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,354 times
Quote:
I just came from a forum where I posted an (apparently) unpopular opinion and got slammed into the dirt by other women. I don't get this. Is it not possible to disagree with others without turning it into a personal attack?

Is there not room in the world for different opinions? And why oh why, are women so downright mean to each other?

Why do women say things to virtual strangers over the internet that they would never in a million years say in person? Are we all *that* angry that we use the 'net as our outlet to attack and malign one another?

My thought is, you have NO idea what the poor soul on the other side of that computer screen in going through. You have no idea how hard their life may be. You don't know how many burdens they have in their real life.

What happened to grace and forbearance and kindness? Aren't women supposed to be the gentler sex? Aren't we supposed to have a nurturing gene?

Rosemary, sending you a hug from here.

I haven't read the responses yet so I don't know if this was said by anyone else -- for some women, their high school "Mean Girl" persona is not very far below the surface. Given the chance they will gang up, exclude, talk behind your back (using the PM or whatever), use the winkies when referring to someone, etc. Internet forums are just infested with this.

As someone who tends to have 'outlier'-type opinions, I have had this happen. But also, I see it in real life. It's incredible that grown women can be so childish sometimes, using their kids (birthday parties, playgroups, etc) to get back at other women, or using their positions at work as petty cliques, etc. Even in face-to-face relationships, I do think that women say things to each other that are calculated to hurt.

Here's a theory: I think American society has taken a huge step back in civility by the behavior on TV -- either confrontational 'bare your soul' talk shows or reality TV. I have actually heard women in the workplace say "I'm not here to make friends.", like they say on "The Apprentice". (and it excuses something they've done that's particularly evil).

I'm sorry you've been party to this, and the only thing I can tell you is please try to not take it to heart. Just because they say 'this and that' doesn't make it true.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:

How do you know it was women being so mean.There's no way to tell gender on these forums unless the poster lets you know. I don't understand anyone who would go on a forum and then personally attack someone because they have a difference of opinion...but they do...I know, in the last week I've received 2 insulting personal messages...it's not nice.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:18 PM

28 posts, read 50,114 times
Quote:

People can be mean, such is life.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:39 PM

92 posts, read 112,491 times
I think someone attacks someone else/talks about someone negatively, etc. primarily because they are insecure about themselves. Women need to get more in touch with and accept who they are as individuals and value what they have to give others before this will ever change. However, that is really hard work and people in general tend not to take personal growth very seriously. They forsake it for the outward drama that often provides them with falsely positive attention...a poor substitute for the love and respect that they fail to give to themselves. I think this is why some women are so mean to one another in almost all circumstances. It's very sad, because we all have something extremely valuable to offer and once that is discovered and nurtured, it is rare to feel the need for that sort of negative, personally-based confrontation with anyone.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:48 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,683 times
That's what I wanna know. Why do women feel the need to be b*tchy and phoney to each other? It's annoying.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:53 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
I think it is because we still are not taught to develop our self esteem by our works and who we are on the inside rather than our physical outward appearance. Women ( and some men) have a real problem with a self confident women, usually a particular name is applied.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:55 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSoBe View Post
Why are women so mean to one another? Take your pick. You can even take more than one.

1. Not enough orgasms

2. Bored with their life

3. Regret past decisions

4. Opportunity to flex power and influence when none exists elsewhere in their lives

5. Not enough orgasms

6. Low self esteem

7. Dysfunctional background

8. Jealousy

9. Lack self control

10. Just evil
11. too much alike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships