Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:41 AM

440 posts, read 1,030,001 times

Advertisements

Woman and men who find nothing better to do but to be hurtful to others are insecure with themselves and by being so mean they think it makes them feel better about themselves...however it will come back to bite them is the butt one day and they'll be sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 09:55 AM

153 posts, read 238,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
Woman and men who find nothing better to do but to be hurtful to others are insecure with themselves and by being so mean they think it makes them feel better about themselves...however it will come back to bite them is the butt one day and they'll be sorry.

If it comes back to bite my former co-worker in her butt, it'll find one huge mouthful! Hee Hee.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:55 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Jealously, competition, insecurity, low self-esteem, desiring power, mental illnesses, PMS, menopause, personality disorders, and a host of other reasons. Remain kind, but do not allow her to disrespect you. Women need to learn how to behave like woman and not some evil tyrant or bully!! There are more girl bullies in school than there are males, so that alone speaks volumes. Watch out for those bullying behaviors in the workforce too. Something about the feminist movement put us on a different course and the nurturing aspect of our gender has been dissipating since then.
I disagree. While some women are insecure and competitive, they don't outnumber men. Men have always been the strong sex and being mean and insensitive is just the norm. Men just get a free pass because society is like that. The American society likes to portray women as needy and unstable. In my work experience they were about the same number of men and women who displayed this kind of behavior but when it came to productivity, men were more lazy in general, wasted more time flirting, talking about sports than working, so I would rather hire women, at least they get the job done.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:22 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
I just came from a forum where I posted an (apparently) unpopular opinion and got slammed into the dirt by other women. I don't get this. Is it not possible to disagree with others without turning it into a personal attack?
It's unfortunate Rosemary but I guess it depends on the forum dynamics. If you've been around that particular forum for a while and you have unpopular opinion to impart it's quite possible that you would already have developed a "relationship" with other members to the point where whilst they don't agree with you there is more likely to be an agree to disagree attitude prevail. IF you had recently joined and jumped in inadvertently to a sensitive topic it's possible that the other posters are testing your mettle so to speak and maybe even wondering if you're not just trolling. **shrug** Internet forums come with a whole other box of rules and etiquette.

Quote:
Is there not room in the world for different opinions? And why oh why, are women so downright mean to each other?
Absolutely there is room for different opinions but I don't think women are the last bastion of meanness. Men can be just as, if not meaner.

Quote:
Why do women say things to virtual strangers over the internet that they would never in a million years say in person? Are we all *that* angry that we use the 'net as our outlet to attack and malign one another?
Well perhaps they would? Most of the people I interact with on the internet that I have met in real life seem very much the same to me in person as they are online. Perhaps you hit a nerve or your motivations weren't clear? There could be history that you are unaware of. A variety of things. Ultimately if you felt the response was over the top then most likely it's because there is something else going on there that you are unaware of. I wouldn't let it get you down.

Quote:
My thought is, you have NO idea what the poor soul on the other side of that computer screen in going through. You have no idea how hard their life may be. You don't know how many burdens they have in their real life.
This same perspective could apply to the person you are dealing with.

Quote:
What happened to grace and forbearance and kindness? Aren't women supposed to be the gentler sex? Aren't we supposed to have a nurturing gene?
I don't think the onus should purely be on women here and I think grace, forbearance and kindness still exist both in men and women to a greater degree. Sure there are horrid things going on in the world but by and large more people are getting along than not.

Quote:
Why are women so mean to other women???
Not sure that this is a women only issue. I've been a member on a predominantly male forum for a good many years and when they get going those blokes can be utter *******. They're gossipy and catty and nasty even more so than the women. I've worked in a lot of predominantly male workplaces AND went to a predominantly male school and I believe that men are just as capable of bad behaviour as women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
I disagree. While some women are insecure and competitive, they don't outnumber men. Men have always been the strong sex and being mean and insensitive is just the norm. Men just get a free pass because society is like that. The American society likes to portray women as needy and unstable. In my work experience they were about the same number of men and women who displayed this kind of behavior but when it came to productivity, men were more lazy in general, wasted more time flirting, talking about sports than working, so I would rather hire women, at least they get the job done.
Agreed. I've worked in organizations that were predominantly male and in organizations that were predominantly female. It always made me laugh when people would comment about how catty my workplace must be when I was working with the ladies. Not nearly as catty and mean as the boys used to get in plumbing supplies!

I think the SINGLE biggest factor in not working or being surrounded by mean, gossipy and catty workmates and friends (male & female) is how YOU yourself go into the world. The old Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil tends to get you a long way.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,191,833 times
I once worked as a careers advisor and the work place was at least 75% females. It was an absolute hell hole. Never again will I work a place where women far outnumber men. Bitchy, catty, gossip etc. every single day. We men had our altercations, but we never held grudges. That's what I like about working with men. We may have an argument today, but we are cool again tomorrow.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:53 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,712,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I once worked as a careers advisor and the work place was at least 75% females. It was an absolute hell hole. Never again will I work a place where women far outnumber men. Bitchy, catty, gossip etc. every single day. We men had our altercations, but we never held grudges. That's what I like about working with men. We may have an argument today, but we are cool again tomorrow.
I have to say that I've noticed that I much prefer working for a man or with men. My field typically has more men than women anyway, which is convenient, but I did work part-time jobs with more women. I've also heard all the stories from my mother's female-heavy workplace.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:56 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Quote:
I just came from a forum where I posted an (apparently) unpopular opinion and got slammed into the dirt by other women. I don't get this. Is it not possible to disagree with others without turning it into a personal attack?

Is there not room in the world for different opinions? And why oh why, are women so downright mean to each other?

Why do women say things to virtual strangers over the internet that they would never in a million years say in person? Are we all *that* angry that we use the 'net as our outlet to attack and malign one another?

My thought is, you have NO idea what the poor soul on the other side of that computer screen in going through. You have no idea how hard their life may be. You don't know how many burdens they have in their real life.

What happened to grace and forbearance and kindness? Aren't women supposed to be the gentler sex? Aren't we supposed to have a nurturing gene?

It's what you said: the Internet grants us the anonymity to engage in verbal assaults that we would never engage in were we face-to-face with the other person.

People don't think twice before speaking or posting. Don't let online diarrhea upset you.

And women, as well as men, are fully capable of mercilessness and brutality.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:35 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Maybe they are not as mature as you thought they were.

Quote:

Old 01-10-2010, 10:45 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,743,989 times
Thanks for the many replies. It's Sunday, so I have decided to forgive and forget. I'll forgive what the mean ladies said and then I'll do my best to forget that they exist.

Thanks again. Hearing the voices of reason here was a healing balm for my wounded and weary soul.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,598 times
Simple...they're sick of all the drama. A lot of seasoned, well adjusted women find the drama queens VERY irritating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships