Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:11 PM

339 posts, read 2,204,905 times

Advertisements

So basically, I'm a male in college, and was pretty open about being a virgin. I honestly never thought it was such a big deal, but now I regret it because it seems like people automatically judge me because of it. Even girls, whenever I talk to them, talk to me as though its the worst thing ever. I'm just trying to understand what is so wrong about it? I've never been into the whole one-night stand thing because, for me, it feels awkward (and in a way, its risky) to sleep with someone you hardly know. I'm not one of those I'll only have sex after I'm married people, but I'd need to at least be in a relationship with the person before I do that, so I don't get what's wrong with that? I don't judge people who are into hooking up, so why do they judge me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 08:13 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
So basically, I'm a male in college, and was pretty open about being a virgin. I honestly never thought it was such a big deal, but now I regret it because it seems like people automatically judge me because of it. Even girls, whenever I talk to them, talk to me as though its the worst thing ever. I'm just trying to understand what is so wrong about it? I've never been into the whole one-night stand thing because, for me, it feels awkward (and in a way, its risky) to sleep with someone you hardly know. I'm not one of those I'll only have sex after I'm married people, but I'd need to at least be in a relationship with the person before I do that, so I don't get what's wrong with that? I don't judge people who are into hooking up, so why do they judge me?
Well, being a virgin has never been a sin, lol.

Here's a piece of advice - as Shakespeare said "to thine ownself be true".

Stick to your guns, do what is right FOR YOU, and say to hell with everyone else's opinion.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:14 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,430,278 times
stop telling. It's personal, keep it under wraps.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
There is NOTHING wrong with that. I applaud it.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,580 times
your in college, go out and have some fun.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:00 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,176,801 times
It's not a sin to be a virgin. Do what makes you happy. But you should understand that it's very unusual for a typical, college-aged male in the U.S. to not exhibit a lot of interest in having non-marital (or even non-relationship) sex.

Bottom line: you're not a sinner, you're just...different.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:01 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
It's not a sin to be a virgin. Do what makes you happy. But you should understand that it's very unusual for a typical, college-aged male in the U.S. to not exhibit a lot of interest in having non-marital (or even non-relationship) sex.

Bottom line: you're not a sinner, you're just...different.
And that's OKAY.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:10 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,078 times
Do what makes you happy and forget those stupid people. I don't like men that sleep with any walking skirt they would find on the street or those have to inflate their numbers to look cool (yuck).

Less worries about catching an STD from a virgin.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
It's not. You just hang out with stupid people. It happens all the time.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,978,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, being a virgin has never been a sin, lol.

Here's a piece of advice - as Shakespeare said "to thine ownself be true".

Stick to your guns, do what is right FOR YOU, and say to hell with everyone else's opinion.
I wholeheartedly second this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships