Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:12 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, but your boyfriend sounds immature, and you sound like you enjoy being a martyr about it. Maybe get a better boyfriend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 08:13 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm sorry, but your boyfriend sounds immature, and you sound like you enjoy being a martyr about it. Maybe get a better boyfriend?
Eh?

Old 01-06-2010, 08:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Eh?
I lost count of the time she mentioned how he's on vacation and barely works. I got the impression that she thinks he's lazy and inattentive. Why stay with someone like that?

Old 01-06-2010, 08:22 AM

633 posts, read 1,949,868 times
Maybe this is not about him but about you?
Maybe you should ask yourself why your not just focusing on the positive here.
Just be happy.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:25 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,215,689 times
It is not ok that he was disaffected by her feelings about her job being endangered. This is a big red flag. He sounds like the type of guy that has to be told what to do in a relationship or he will turn into that someday.

I don't think it's just a male thing (we have to stop with that), it's a insensitivity thing. A caring guy would be worried about her situation and be waiting to hear the news either way. It is not the same as forgetting a birthday, anniversary or past event. It is showing appropriate concern for something that is currently happening to the person you love.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:26 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,986,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Am I overreacting? What should I do? Am I right to feel like this?
Definitely.
This is something that drives us men nuts about some of you women. Every comment or lack of a comment is an issue. Every issue is a major crisis. Drama, trauma, and turmoil.
Is the relationship basically well. Does he treat you well? Is he a good person? You got the job. In the big picture you came out ahead. Count your blessings and be satisfied. Would you have preferred you didn't get the job but he did ask about your review?

Old 01-06-2010, 08:27 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,540 times
He forgot something important to me.

That's it exactly. It was important to YOU. I can understand your frustration but in your bf's defense, it may not have been such a big deal to him. People react differently to situations and I am sure you understand one's perception of things may not be anothers.

After 3 1/2 years, you should know what type of man he is. Surely after all of this time he has done this before? If not, then consider yourself LUCKY.

At the very least, you should tell him it would have been nice to ask you about your day since you offered to hear about his. I hope he apologizes and you guys can move forward.

Congratulations on your job and I wish you the best!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:28 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
I think you're overreacting. Though I might feel the same way as you do.

But if you were making a big deal out of it for the last few days, he probably expected you to just gush and tell him right off the bat. The fact that you let him talk for a while probably led him to the assumption that you didn't have any news at that point.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:33 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
Definitely.
This is something that drives us men nuts about some of you women. Every comment or lack of a comment is an issue. Every issue is a major crisis. Drama, trauma, and turmoil.
Is the relationship basically well. Does he treat you well? Is he a good person? You got the job. In the big picture you came out ahead. Count your blessings and be satisfied. Would you have preferred you didn't get the job but he did ask about your review?
Exactly. Spot on. It's as if they got this "little test" going on and want to set us up to fail. Baffling.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:35 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,230,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Many guys... think that women are overly emotional and full of drama.
Do ya think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
See... right now you should be very happy with the outcome of your work review, but YOU'VE chosen to become unhappy about your boyfriend's lack of concern over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Wow, you've been hit with 3 sides to this "problem" and very little consensus except "men and women are different" - well, yah, but that doesn't solve the issue....
There is no issue except in the head of the OP.

WHY was there a two-minute pause in the conversation after he told you about his day? WHY should he have to ask you about it? It was on your mind. TELL HIM!!!

Gawd, this is so lame! Here's a little hint for you: If you've got something to say, say it. That two-minute pause would have been an excellent time for you to actually say something.

Yes, you're over-reacting. Yes, you were setting him up to fail your little test. The next time you're going to test him, tell him there will be a test and maybe he'll be ready for it. Sheesh!

Last edited by WyoNewk; 01-06-2010 at 10:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships