Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 05:41 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,977,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoMariaUrameshi View Post
I hate being single. It sucks, I don't see any benefits of it at all.I'm only 19 and I spend much of my time at university and with my friends. All or my girlfriends have boyfriends. I'm always the one thats the odd woman out or the third wheel. I miss having a boyfriend, having someone hold me, cuddle me and give me forehead kisses.
You need to take your mind off boys and relationships and marriage and seed spreading and all that. You need to focus on your studies. GET YOUR EDUCATION!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

14,229 posts, read 29,972,883 times
Quote:
How am I brainwashed? Its a fact of nature men are the head of the household. Men are the providers, the hunters, and the protectors.Women need men.
Women don't need men. Men don't need women either. We want to be together and enjoy interacting with the opposite sex. In general, I love men.

No man has ever hunted for me. There's a Kroger just down the street and I'm a better shot than most of the men I know anyway.

The men I care about do protect me. Just as I protect them. It works both ways.

No man has ever provided for me. Men have been contributors but never have I relied on a man for support. I have always done more than my share financially.

A man has never been the head of my household. A man has been my partner and a fellow contributor. No man has ever been my master. I have never been a man's slave either. No man with this sense of entitlement by virtue of possessing a penis and a Y chromosome would ever be tolerated in my household. Is that the nature you are talking about?

25,901 posts, read 42,625,050 times
Go ahead and live with a bunch of women and their kids if that's what you want. There's nothing stopping you. People have sex with their roommates all the time.

The reason I am opposed to polygamy is that the legal implications are such a mess.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:44 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,585,450 times
Quote:
I've been single for two years, I'm tired of waiting for the right person to come along. I'm going to turn 20 in a couple of months and my family thinks that I'm a lesbian and that there is something wrong with me because I haven't dated anyone in a while nor am I married.
Trust me, some day you will be happy that you waited for the right person rather than scooping up the first hopeful prospect. In the long run, you will be MUCH happier. For goodness sake, you are only 19 - you don't need to rush into anything.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:49 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,041,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
TV and SPORTS GUY... There ya' Go buddy!!! ENJOY!!
Yes!! I agree!! He's a nice older guy with a 'good' job and he's saving up to get 'a savings account.' I am sure you will NOT have to share him with anyone.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:58 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Artsy type?...Not sure on this one..
We need a gay guy for this one! Would be nice if at least one of the others is bi or gay, too. I can't keep up with that many horny men in my ol' age!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:00 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,977,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Yes!! I agree!! He's a nice older guy with a 'good' job and he's saving up to get 'a savings account.' I am sure you will NOT have to share him with anyone.
No .. wait!!! I saw him first - he's mine!!!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:01 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,095,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Actually, polygyny is actually a word and applicable. I was about to post the same thing ... but checked first to be sure.

Polygyny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for posting that! At first glance I thought this was a thread about visiting more than one doctor!

J/K

Actually, I think polygamy could work in society, but it needs to go both ways (some women will want more than one husband). We'd also need to include gay and lesbian marriage in the works to make it fair... and we all know well that's gone.....

Old 01-06-2010, 06:02 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,495,521 times
Quote:
I've been single for two years, I'm tired of waiting for the right person to come along. I'm going to turn 20 in a couple of months and my family thinks that I'm a lesbian and that there is something wrong with me because I haven't dated anyone in a while nor am I married.
Well, that's just ridiculous

Focus on school and completing your education.

INVEST THE TIME NOW IN BECOMING THE BEST WOMAN YOU CAN BE - the right men will then come along IF you do that.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:06 PM

133 posts, read 300,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, that's just ridiculous

Focus on school and completing your education.

INVEST THE TIME NOW IN BECOMING THE BEST WOMAN YOU CAN BE - the right men will then come along IF you do that.
I am, I'm on the deans list. I'm just tired of being single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships