Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,657 times

Advertisements

Whenever break-ups happened, is it true more men tend to come back than us women?

This happened in my past relationship. Way back on April 2008, he broke up once to date others. 1 month later, he called me and asked me back, telling me that I'm special and it's not the same without me. It was obviously he wanted to start dating another girl and it didn't worked out.

The second time it was me doing the break-up and for good. I will not be coming back.

So it gets me thinking there are difference between men and women when it comes to breaking-up and coming back. For the most part (off course there are exceptions, some do it for other reasons) men tend to break up because there is another girl he's attracted to. However, with us women, we will mainly break up if there is really no hope and the relationship is dead already (nothing you can do about it).

When dumping, from what I seen is men regretting it and coming back more than us women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 05:12 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,248,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Whenever break-ups happened, is it true more men tend to come back than us women?

This happened in my past relationship. Way back on April 2008, he broke up once to date others. 1 month later, he called me and asked me back, telling me that I'm special and it's not the same without me. It was obviously he wanted to start dating another girl and it didn't worked out.

The second time it was me doing the break-up and for good. I will not be coming back.

So it gets me thinking there are difference between men and women when it comes to breaking-up and coming back. For the most part (off course there are exceptions, some do it for other reasons) men tend to break up because there is another girl he's attracted to. However, with us women, we will mainly break up if there is really no hope and the relationship is dead already (nothing you can do about it).

When dumping, from what I seen is men regretting it and coming back more than us women.
IMO, it is usually the other way around from my customers and what I have seen. I think guys in general can put up with more crap than a woman can? IMO, of coarse. The people who I have seen do it, the woman realized what she lost and comes running back to patch things up. It usually seems to work though?

Old 01-07-2010, 08:31 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,468 times
Quote:
Are you basing this solely on the two examples you provided in your OP?

Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Are you basing this solely on the two examples you provided in your OP?
There was also a woman posting on another site about how her boyfriend dumped her. After 5 years passed by and she was already over him, he then asked her back and she said no.

One of my friend went through this too. The boyfriend dumps her and after a year later, he wants her back. Unlike, from what I hear in us women. When we do the dumping, then it's for good and there's no point going back. It's like our minds are clearly made up. There are also exceptions to this but it's what I hear the most....

Old 01-07-2010, 08:42 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,468 times
Quote:
There was also a woman posting on another site about how her boyfriend dumped her. After 5 years passed by and she was already over him, he then asked her back and she said no.

One of my friend went through this too. The boyfriend dumps her and after a year later, he wants her back. Unlike, from what I hear in us women. When we do the dumping, then it's for good and there's no point going back. It's like our minds are clearly made up. There are also exceptions to this but it's what I hear the most....
Well that's still an awfully small sampling.....

I don't know how accurate your assumptions are; I mean, look at all of the women who go back to men in domestic abuse situations.

I think it goes both ways.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:53 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,356 times
I think it is more the other way around. Wome tend to miss that emotional connection.

Guys miss getting laid.

It is a lot easier to go out and get laid than to invest weeks/months into forming a new, solid, trusting emotional connection with someone.

Women deal with breakup by thinking about it constantly. Running it over and over in their heads about where it went wrong, what went right, what were the signs, what's wrong with them, and over and over anylitical evaluation.

Guys, sadly or for the better, tend to take less of a hit. Why...because we don't think about it. Maybe for a day...have a good cry in the shower...then it is off to watching tv, chopping fire wood, playing a video game, whatever. Why do you think so many men walk into the doctor's office with terminal cancer? We chose to ignore and not to think about all the signs

Old 01-07-2010, 08:55 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,356 times
Actually...I take that back. For some guys...maybe it is not easier to get laid.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:00 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,996,281 times
It's not a gender specific tendency. I think it's more personality than anything.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:44 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,839 times
I still have an ex who would take me back and he's married now. It's crazy really. I think some people just get caught up in the idea of the relationship and what it could have been. Gawd, the day my ex got married he called me twice, once prior to the wedding starting and once during the reception. At the time I thought it was simply cold feet but fast-forward 5 years later and he still plays the what-if game with me. I don't know, I've never held on to my past that way. It's the past for a reason and I have no desire to rekindle something that didn't work the first time!

Old 01-07-2010, 11:49 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,939 times
I heard you can take women 15 miles out into the country and eventually they will sniff their way home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships