Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,374,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yes, but when men hear all those rejection lines what they really hear is "She wants me and thinks I'm hot"

Amazing isn't it, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 08:27 PM

40,948 posts, read 49,138,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Amazing isn't it, lol.
Men have very selective hearing. No matter what most women say it comes out "Sex, More Sex and do me now"

Old 01-07-2010, 01:03 AM

314 posts, read 718,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Men have very selective hearing. No matter what most women say it comes out "Sex, More Sex and do me now"

Well if you are going to have selective hearing why let a little thing like reality get in the way

Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,033,180 times
" Men have Selective hearing??" ...Someone smoked another bowl again?..hmmmmm?? lol..

Some of us get a hint when it is given..IF..it is given..and move onto the next opportunity..we do not beg..or distort reality..

The truth about the reality of it all is a man may be flogged for speaking of similar phrase to the women in the village..this i don't quite get..

Old 01-07-2010, 03:39 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,921,514 times
the trouble with womens' hinting is that it's often WAY too subtle.

nobody on earth can possibly understand it ?
i bet even women don't understand each other's hints !!

a man will hint for sex by appearing naked in the doorway and saying " hey babe, it's business time!"

a woman will hint for sex by wearing a different deodorant, or by leaving the kitchen door ajar, or leaving her glasses on the table in a certain way.
maybe she'll wear "that" special eye liner.
ok, these are extremes, but men will get this !

the trouble for men is that while one woman's "sex hints" are the above, these could mean the exact opposite for another woman.

there is no universal language.
perhaps if all women were manufactured with an operating system, then at least we'd understand them more.

don't get me wrong, individuality is great, but us men get hated on when we get it wrong. trouble is, we're playing a game which the rules can change every few seconds !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
" Men have Selective hearing??" ...Someone smoked another bowl again?..hmmmmm?? lol..

Some of us get a hint when it is given..IF..it is given..and move onto the next opportunity..we do not beg..or distort reality..

The truth about the reality of it all is a man may be flogged for speaking of similar phrase to the women in the village..this i don't quite get..

Old 01-07-2010, 03:56 AM

1,741 posts, read 4,573,711 times
Those are good!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:07 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,697,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
half gallon of Ben and Jerry's.
I knew they made pints, but also half gallons? This is great news!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:32 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,191,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
the trouble with womens' hinting is that it's often WAY too subtle.
Not for me. Even the slightest smallest most subtle hint that a woman is not interested in me, then I'm gone. I don't even wait around to be "officially rejected". I hate the concept that men are trying way too hard to win a woman over. If a woman doesn't show any interest in me, then why continue and waste my time.

All those list of excuses are made cos some men are thick as pig ****e and don't understand that no is no. And that's half the problem with men. They ask out women whom they do not even know yet. Why? - Befriend them first, get to know them first, converse, hang around as friends and get to know her real character and analyse whether she is girlfriend material or not. And also see if she shows interest in you. It's not that hard. It takes more time, but it's a much better way than what men do now.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:52 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,535,988 times
The list is pretty funny. As usual, someone has to come in and turn it into a "the problem with women".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
the trouble with womens' hinting is that it's often WAY too subtle. nobody on earth can possibly understand it ?
i bet even women don't understand each other's hints !!
As it applies to this list, what is there to "understand"? This is just another example of how pitifully some of you process rejection.

10. I think of you as a brother.
(I'm not attracted to you.)

9 There's a slight difference in our ages.
(I prefer someone closer to my age)

8 I'm not attracted to you in 'that' way.
(I'm not attracted to you in 'that' way)

7 My life is too complicated right now.
(I have a lot going on right now and it wouldn't be fair to you to get you involved)

6 I've got a boyfriend
(I've got a boyfriend)

5 I don't date men where I work.
(I don't date men where I work)

4 It's not you, it's me.
(It's not you, it's me, really.)

3 I'm concentrating on my career.
(You will come second to my career and I don't want the maintenance that comes with having a man)

2 I'm celibate.
(Definitely steer clear of this one, she's likely had man troubles or has devoted her life to God -either way, she's probably being honest)

1 Let's be friends. (Let's be friends.) If you can't handle her talking to you about other men, DON'T BE HER FRIEND.

I'm sure some women want to be sensitive to the male ego and will sugarcoat it, but the bottom line is they don't want you and it is abundantly clear.

Quote:
a man will hint for sex by appearing naked in the doorway and saying " hey babe, it's business time!"

a woman will hint for sex by wearing a different deodorant, or by leaving the kitchen door ajar, or leaving her glasses on the table in a certain way.
maybe she'll wear "that" special eye liner. ok, these are extremes, but men will get this !
Imagine that.

Quote:
the trouble for men is that while one woman's "sex hints" are the above, these could mean the exact opposite for another woman.
Of course, when you are dealing with extremes.

Quote:
there is no universal language. perhaps if all women were manufactured with an operating system, then at least we'd understand them more.
(I suck when it comes to women and it is easier to blame them than it is to actually be the panty peeler I think I am)

Quote:
don't get me wrong, individuality is great, but us men get hated on when we get it wrong. trouble is, we're playing a game which the rules can change every few seconds !!
(I suck when it comes to women and it is easier to blame them than it is to actually be the panty peeler I think I am)

Really, I don't get how some of you play brain dead with so much conviction. You're like a bunch of parrots mimicking each other, patting one another on the back and hi-fiving to this bobblehead thinking. More comedy for us gals.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:02 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,191,418 times
^ can't argue against any of that. People will use subtle signs so they don't come across as overly harsh, but many people can't take no for a no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships