Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 05:37 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,311 times

Advertisements

I agree with just about everything everyone else says...

The economy has somethng to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 05:57 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Nothing new to me.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:24 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
I get the impression that humans have always been this way, we just hear about it sooner these days.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:25 AM

302 posts, read 607,859 times
Although I tend to agree, that society in general doesn't always use common sense (stupid as many phrased it)- perhaps it is because of stress, economy &/or lack of sleep (trying to get as much done in a day as possible).....

But I also tend to wonder, if what people think is "stupid" on one persons part...in another persons case may be that they are trying to take the time to reach to another and create goodwill towards mankind.

I do many things that every thinks is "stupid" when it comes to helping strangers....I also know what the risks are and I accept that for this reason:

How do we know if the "lost sheep" isn't Jesus in disguise and yes, it could be the devil in disguise. That's a chance that I take though...I also follow my intuition, gut feeling or whatever else you may want to call it. I believe in the random act's of kindness. For what would this world be like, it perhaps all of us did more acts of kindness

Now, I would also like to add that I'm not what people would call a "holy roller" (no offense intended)....and I rarely read the bible; church -sometimes make it. So my point is that I believe that there is a GOD and would prefer to be kind to his other children (sheep). "Love they neighbor"

Those are my opinions.....doesn't make it right and doesn't make it wrong...
It just is

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Lots of women, in today's society, are using very poor judgement. Many of them are getting arrested, driving while intoxicated, more are using drugs and alcohol, abusing their children, having children without responsible partners, or marriage, which unless they have a great education or training, gears them, and their children head- on into poverty. I realize the cesspool of HOLLYWOOD has a lot to do with it...................The example below is far out:

In today's Yahoo News there is a report from a woman, with her little girl, who was held captive in her own house/apartment, in Melbourne, Florida, by a sexual offender she met this New Year's Eve, who has just come out of jail.

She took him into her home with her, and he offered to cook her and the little child a dinner, and then she GAVE HIM A KEY TO HER HOUSE/APARTMENT!!!!!!! Upon receiving the key, he held her and the child hostage, rape her in front of the child, and kept them there for four days.

Now, you tell me................where is this woman's judgement?

Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
One of many factors....who has one of the worst diets in the world? USA no fluke they have the most probs.....Japan one of the best diets and one of the least probs
Diet has nothing to do with it. Japan has a completely different criminal justice system and procedures than we do. Probably even more relevant is the culture - most Japanese actually have a sense of shame and family honor. Here, we seem to be cultivating a population of selfish, stupid, pigs.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:39 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Diet has nothing to do with it. Japan has a completely different criminal justice system and procedures than we do. Probably even more relevant is the culture - most Japanese actually have a sense of shame and family honor. Here, we seem to be cultivating a population of selfish, stupid, pigs.
BINGO! I couldn't agree more.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:47 AM

994 posts, read 1,681,868 times
I too have thought about this and have come to the conclusion that we may not be actually getting dumber by the minute. It seems to me, that thanks to media and networking...more and more people are finding out about the bad apples. This didn't happen as quick and as often ....say 50...100 years ago when we didn't have such avenues to expose stupidity.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:21 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times
This is society! Society tell women it's a shortage of men. Some women are so hungry for a relationship and give time to these losers/users. Men know we are hungry and they act like azzes. Why would he put up with Bev's rules of respect. When, he can date Deb and she'll deal with his crap. I know some losers/users are attractive. Knock him off and move on!

Old 01-07-2010, 07:32 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,071,618 times
I think women should realize they need to use their good judgment. Do not choose some loser over your own safety or your children.

What I don't understand are these women who choose their new boyfriends or 'husbands' over their kids. Many of these men are abusive to the kids (often killing them) and the women stick by the dude.

There's no way I would choose someone over my child and his welfare.

As far as why there are these problems, well I don't want to point fingers at "Florida" in these cases but that is a very transient state and yes, you get a lot of wackos in Florida. I am sure there are nice places but I would not voluntarily live there. (My brother is always trying to get us to move there...)

I do think we have to remember a lot of people are walking around 'high' on something--drugs, booze. They are not rational.

Why the USA has so much crime compared to other countries, I don't know. But every society has 'cracks' and perhaps Japan has less crime but they also have their own ills.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:41 AM

222 posts, read 500,902 times
Ladies... have we become desperate !!
No just the ladies who have never found their boundaries of Morals, Values, Integrity, Common sense and Love of Self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships