Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 10:14 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times

Advertisements

Just noticing in society it seems its more socially acceptable to knock a Mans looks more then a women..

I always hear women talk about traits they dont find appealing in a Man even if a Mans in that room who shes describing wheter if it was the other way around it would not be accepted..

A few months ago my friends wife who im close with told me after i made out with her friend "great job shes way outta your league" i just laughed it off but it hurt a little

Had i said to a female in my circle of friends "hey great job that guys way outta your league" id either get slapped or shed run away crying and people would call me a monster

Ladies do you just assume guys really dont care what somebody says about their looks and thats why some of you dont always filter yourselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 01:00 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
I don't know...all my jock friends always rag on me for not being tan. I am a female. I don't run crying.

Having mixed sex, people type settings IRL we have openly discussed both like that. Even with gay friends. I think that comment you got in paticular is just a strait up insult.

I don't filter myself because I don't lie to myself and others. There are many ways to be beautiful. Whats ugly to me is a reflection of lack of self care. I think everyone has something visually great about them and they should build around that. So many guys just don't and its a shame they plod around feeling bad with blinders on instead of doing something about it. I feel this way for females too.

I don't think guys don't care about what people say, but I do think they care more about people talking about what they do. I am more sensitive about that as I think males find self value more in that area.
Women generally have a lot of self value in looks because that is just the way the world spins round. No one gives a crap what you do if you look good doing it as a female.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:09 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,464 times
Its more acceptable to "knock" men for everything!

Women who complain about how they are treated, usually don't think twice about returning the bile.

Modern advertising picked up on this, some years back, with what must be considerable success. Otherwise, they would have dropped this approach like a hot potato!

Old 01-07-2010, 01:15 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
What do you mean on the advert thing?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:38 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Is it more accepted to knock a Man for his looks then a women?

Why yes...it dates all the way back to nursery school:

Girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Boys are made of snakes, snails and puppy dog tails.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:49 PM

440 posts, read 1,030,446 times
It seems to be that way to most people, but not to me. There's one thing about being honest with someone in a friendly sincere manner, it's another to be rude or/and harsh. Not enough people think before they speak, especially when passing judgements on someone.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:57 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
What a silly question. Of course it is.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:38 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times
I think it is. I have also received the "she's out of your league" comment in the past from so-called female friends/acquaintances. It was a bit hurtful in all honesty. I reckon society generally expects men to have thicker skin and take things on the chin.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:41 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
Hmm, possible a two-part answer:

1. Women may be considered more sensitive.

2. Women's values may be seen to be mostly in their appearance (ie: sexuality) and so when you insult her looks, you're basically saying she's worthless.

However, I don't particularly think either of these true in my mental handbook. I can think of a few people though that would heartily agree with both.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:53 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Just noticing in society it seems its more socially acceptable to knock a Mans looks more then a women..

I always hear women talk about traits they dont find appealing in a Man even if a Mans in that room who shes describing wheter if it was the other way around it would not be accepted..

A few months ago my friends wife who im close with told me after i made out with her friend "great job shes way outta your league" i just laughed it off but it hurt a little

Had i said to a female in my circle of friends "hey great job that guys way outta your league" id either get slapped or shed run away crying and people would call me a monster

Ladies do you just assume guys really dont care what somebody says about their looks and thats why some of you dont always filter yourselves?
I try to be a pretty boy and it never happens?LOL....... They are attracted to me for my mind? Till you take the shirt off!LMAO............. JK.............. Rugged
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships