Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 03:00 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,381,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well with that I can already see you haven't learned anything from this thread.

You are a single woman decrying your single state. At least for me I am a single man and they are other men in here trying to help you out.

What you don't get is that money, careers, things, that is all well and good. But at least from what I can tell you as a single man those things are not important to me. The other single men I know that are looking, those things are not important to them either(I have a wide variety of friends as well).

So yes you might have all those physical assets. Check, check, check. That's nice. But what do YOU offer as a PERSON that would interest me or other single men? If I dated you what would be appealing to me to want to spend time with you?

I thought similar to you when I was in my 20's. I thought oh, I had a cool job, I travel, I have a nice car, I have all this stuff why do I have a hard time with relationships?

Now I look back and realize that women didn't care about all that superficial stuff. They could obtain that themselves if they wanted. They wanted a mateship, friendship, a bond, and someone they would enjoy spending their time with.

After I figured that out the hard way, women came after me. They were naturally drawn to me cause I was an interesting, balanced, funny person to be around. I didn't have to go and chase after them, they came to me.
I have a lot to offer as a person. I am not boring, I am fun to be around, i am kind. It's not like I am mean, miserable, boring, rotten person...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 03:02 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
You say you do get noticed and you do get asked out.

However, it doesn't seem to last for more than a date or two.

Am I correct?

If I am, what is happening on these initial dates?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
She's wondering why guys don't like her. I simply stated that Jewish women can come across as arrogant and condescending. Apparently quite a few people don't think this is retarded talk as I have been repped several times for my comments.
thats like saying i dont date black people because i think they'll steal my tv.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
She's wondering why guys don't like her. I simply stated that Jewish women can come across as arrogant and condescending. Apparently quite a few people don't think this is retarded talk as I have been repped several times for my comment.
Guys LIKE me. They just wont COMMIT to me- BIG difference.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:08 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I have a lot to offer as a person. I am not boring, I am fun to be around, i am kind. It's not like I am mean, miserable, boring, rotten person...
Well then show it. So far I have mostly heard about superficial crap and having a christmas list of what you want in a man.

Be that interesting, fun and kind gal and you will attract good men.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well then show it. So far I have mostly heard about superficial crap and having a christmas list of what you want in a man.

Be that interesting, fun and kind gal and you will attract good men.
I attract lots of men...just not the men that I want. Men that would probably be fine for some women...but, I really don't want some uneducated fat guy...and I don't think that's shallow or superficial. I take care of myself...why shouldn't my partner do so as well?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:14 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
thats like saying i dont date black people because i think they'll steal my tv.
Well if that has been your experience, you would have every right to say that.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:15 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Guys LIKE me. They just wont COMMIT to me- BIG difference.
Then maybe they "like" you as opposed to like you. Or it could be you are expecting to much in a large metropolitan area from guys your age. Why commit when you can live it up in NYC and hop from bed to bed?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You say you do get noticed and you do get asked out.

However, it doesn't seem to last for more than a date or two.

Am I correct?

If I am, what is happening on these initial dates?
basically i go out with them...3 or 4 dates later they imply that they want to sleep with me...i tell them i am not interested in that and they bail. I do not dress or act provacatively in any way shape or form.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:18 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
basically i go out with them...3 or 4 dates later they imply that they want to sleep with me...i tell them i am not interested in that and they bail. I do not dress or act provacatively in any way shape or form.
You are not interested in sex? Or is it that they want sex sooner than you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships