Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 05:11 AM

44 posts, read 48,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth70 View Post
I think we will see a significant rise in the American lesbian population if our women continue in this direction. Think of it as a form of population control - which wouldn't hurt us.
I'm all for population control, it might help keep real estate and tuition down if there are less people creating a demand. Personally, I'm more a fan of natural selection as a form of population control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 08:10 AM

272 posts, read 638,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
So what gives?

I'm a 28 year old female, successful @ my job, college-educated, I've owned my home for about 2 years now, I'm a hard-worker, I do volunteer work, I'm nice, I'm smart, I'm funny, I work out and have a great body, I'm very attractive, I don't do drugs or smoke and I drink rarely, I have a clean record in terms of never being arrested ot anything like that, I have a great social life...and yet i can't find someone who wants to date me.

I'm not perfect I know that...but where in my self-description is something that someone would find unattractive about wanting to date me?

I have worked hard and accomplished so much, but I find myself never good enough for any man.

Sorry...I don't really get it. Do men just want to date and marry bitchy ditzy bimbos with no money?

From the post it sounds like your arrogant and too self absorbed

Old 01-30-2010, 12:25 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,834,674 times
Default A Little Honesty ....... And Leave the Money Out Of It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181

...Do men just want to date and marry bitchy ditzy bimbos with no money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Yes Although I think most men would prefer a bitchy ditzy bimbo with money.
Since most men just assume that they going to end up with a "bitchy ditzy bimbo", no matter how many degrees she has, they are more likely to be attracted to women who are honest about it.

As far as the money goes, any man worth knowing, will be intelligent enough to realize that once he signs up, the money is no longer his and likely never will be!

Old 01-30-2010, 12:27 PM

17 posts, read 66,166 times
I've read these forums long enough to see some patterns. The type of man you are looking for is not the type of man that makes a good long term companion. Here's what women don't understand about men: "confidence" is inversely proportional to respect.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:51 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,834,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick.astley View Post
I've read these forums long enough to see some patterns. The type of man you are looking for is not the type of man that makes a good long term companion. Here's what women don't understand about men: "confidence" is inversely proportional to respect.
I like that. Of course, this isn't real confidence they are talking about.

There is something about a man who has the looks and money required to be able to put women on the defensive, that they love. They know they will need to compete to keep him and will be embarrassed if they fail. Other women want him, so they will be envious.

Men who have such confidence either have it made or have an incurable STD.

I think the OP is either overstating her position in the dating hierarchy or really doesn't have the time to pursue a good relationship. When I was putting in my 70 hour weeks in my 20s, I completely put off thoughts of marriage until I could make my situation better. Of course, once you get into your 30s, good prospects become rare. Its the shame of modern life that our best are often put at such a disadvantage.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:05 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,884,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
So what gives?

I'm a 28 year old female, successful @ my job, college-educated, I've owned my home for about 2 years now, I'm a hard-worker, I do volunteer work, I'm nice, I'm smart, I'm funny, I work out and have a great body, I'm very attractive, I don't do drugs or smoke and I drink rarely, I have a clean record in terms of never being arrested ot anything like that, I have a great social life...and yet i can't find someone who wants to date me.

I'm not perfect I know that...but where in my self-description is something that someone would find unattractive about wanting to date me?

I have worked hard and accomplished so much, but I find myself never good enough for any man.

Sorry...I don't really get it. Do men just want to date and marry bitchy ditzy bimbos with no money?
Where is your profile photo?

I'd be interested to see what you look like.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:08 PM

4,865 posts, read 5,657,882 times
Apparently....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships