Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 05:23 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,557,810 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I recently had a date with someone who was easily the hottest (non-celebrity) guy I've ever seen. It's possible that I just live in a town full of unattractive dudes, but this guy is INCREDIBLE. It was only our first date, so I don't know him very well, but I can't imagine that he doesn't have women lusting after him wherever he goes. He is 110% my physical type- I wouldn't change a thing about him.

As for myself, I'm cute, but kind of shy and not really one to flaunt my assets. The guys I've dated in the past have been averagely cute and more on the shy side also. This guy also seems really down to earth and not aware of how attractive he is, but I can't help but notice it!

Anyway, I know this isn't something I should be worried about, but how do you get over the initial shock of dating someone so gorgeous? How do you deal with feeling like they may be out of your "league", so to speak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 05:30 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,232,906 times
The first thing to do is try to look past the looks and get to know the person. Sometimes people tend to overlook things because they are hot for the person. I dated a model once and she was high maintenance, conceited, selfish and a cheat! If he is still is a great person after you have done this, I would give the green light?

Old 01-09-2010, 05:30 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,515,741 times
All of my past girlfriends were very good looking. Couldn't go anywhere without the usual stares and occasional comments. There is nothing you should do. When you start thinking you are outclassed by your date, then that is the moment your date starts thinking that too.

Just be glad you snagged a good one and stop worrying about it.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:34 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,181,606 times
Anyway, I know this isn't something I should be worried about, but how do you get over the initial shock of dating someone so gorgeous? How do you deal with feeling like they may be out of your "league", so to speak?

First of all, I don't really believe in the 'out of your league' thing. I do believe in different worlds and not having enough things in common because of it (as well as different perspectives on the world and how to plan and conduct your life). But don't pin your 'league' status on something as fleeting and subjective as looks.

Second of all, like many beautiful women, I'd bet there are plenty of gorgeous men who want someone to like them for what they have to offer as a person rather than just their looks.

Looks also fade quickly once someone opens their mouth, I've discovered. There is nothing less attractive than any person who is obviously a complete dolt or an arrogant jackass. One of my exes was super-hot and accomplished and had even done modeling on the side (while working on a Harvard PhD in molecular biology), but she was a completely embittered, psycho relationship terrorist.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
All of my past girlfriends were very good looking. Couldn't go anywhere without the usual stares and occasional comments. There is nothing you should do. When you start thinking you are outclassed by your date, then that is the moment your date starts thinking that too.

Just be glad you snagged a good one and stop worrying about it.
I was cool with that though. Yeah, yeah look at me!LOL........ OMG dude, your girl is smoking hot! Yeah, I know! Too bad she didn't have the personality though.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:37 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,942,719 times
Wow, I can't believe I'm hearing this from a woman. It's usually the other way around.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,162,724 times
went out with a girl that was very close to being a perfect 10. tiny waist, large rack, nice ass, cute face, long dark hair.

she was a ***** tho...

Old 01-09-2010, 05:45 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,515,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I was cool with that though. Yeah, yeah look at me!LOL........ OMG dude, your girl is smoking hot! Yeah, I know! Too bad she didn't have the personality though.
Yeah, actually had a brief break up with the ex a couple summers ago and dated a gorgeous girl who did have personality and brains, but then of course I did the stupid thing and went back with the ex.

Define 'regret'.

I know what you're saying though, it's nice knowing the lady your with is desirable.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:49 PM

It was a shame this one didn't know what she had. Her Dad and I would sit for hours and listen to music and I really liked him. After we broke up he called me for the next few weeks, telling me he didn't know what her problem was and apologized over and over again. That just goes to show you, the family can't be the only reason to stay with someone.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:52 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,072,877 times
Default Default Have You Ever Dated Someone Who Was TOO Gorgeous?

Yeah. Once. When I was just out of college and working at a record store, I went out a couple of times with a co-worker that was really gorgeous. I liked him a lot, he was a great person inside, but I never really felt comfortable around him. So we stayed just friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships