Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:15 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
So what you really mean is...you are jealous of them. LOL.
I guess so. It's either that or the occasional friend. I had a friend that would keep on crying about her break-up for about a month but I bet if I were to do the same, she would have said ''I'm busy, call me later'' or invent any excuse to hang up. They expect you to be there for them but they won't do the same. So I'm out of luck on that one.

There is something more annoying is your parents trying to said they are your best friends but I don't like sharing everything with them. That's not enough. I would be more cool with people within my age rank...

The main result why writing in a forum somewhat helps out and from then on, it's me finding the solution and solve it on my own... I hate that but oh well....

Last edited by Sunflower_lol; 01-10-2010 at 09:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 09:18 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
It's not possible to have many friends. You can be friendly with a lot of people but it's not good to call every Tom, Dick and Harry a friend because you have to invest time with people in order for friendship to develop. I don't consider everyone friend material without having to pass my rigorous testing process.
Does first grade count?

Old 01-10-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I'd say a good base to become popular is to be open and friendly to all, that way people would respect you and be more willing to consider you a friend.
What if you have tried that for years and still no results?

Old 01-10-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
It comes naturally for me. I'm a decent looking guy and my genuine personally, kindness and loyalty wins them over every time. A good looking guy with a personality to match. Rugged
Good for you... I can be trying that for x more years and no results so it must be something I'm doing wrong.... maybe...

Old 01-10-2010, 09:48 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
What if you have tried that for years and still no results?
As I said before, sometimes there is no ready explanation.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:03 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Good for you... I can be trying that for x more years and no results so it must be something I'm doing wrong.... maybe...
No, the "girly" men don't like buffets. Want to go sometime with the buds and I?LOL.......

Old 01-10-2010, 11:01 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,035,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
It comes naturally for me. I'm a decent looking guy and my genuine personally, kindness and loyalty wins them over every time. A good looking guy with a personality to match. Rugged
well said RUGGED, and this is a big part of the attraction which draws people to someone..

I believe that some people are born with traits which naturally attract. I mean surely, part of it has to do with how you are raised, and how you are taught to believe in yourself..but, i think it also starts from birth..Some babies naturally draw more attention than others.. Having 3 nieces, i can tell who will be the extrovert..and who will be more shy around others..

Old 01-10-2010, 11:05 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times
Quote:
So how is some people have many friends (not acquaintances nor just friends but best friends you can rely upon)?
That must be cool sometimes... your close friends being there if there is something bothering you. I guess that's what friends are for.

I can't stand overly popular people. They always have it so easy.
Psssh...that's what you think.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:18 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,958 times
I think people can sense when you want to become their friend just so you can have a wide circle of friends. No one likes being used.

I keep my inner circle close. These are all people that I wouldn't mind living with and can talk to for 8 hours without a single pause. I used to invite anyone I "had fun and got along with" into my inner circle, but that easily proved to be a bad, bad idea. Close friendships take effort and commitments. You have to give of yourself emotionally a lot of the time. That can be tiring when you have 10 close friends. I've always believed in quality over quantity.

Now, if we're talking about casual friends and acquaintances, the sky's the limit! I always welcome new people with a friendly smile and open arms!

Old 01-10-2010, 01:42 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Popularity isn't all it's cracked up to be. Friendships take work and I get overwhlemed when too many people want a piece of my time. I've been both popular and a loner at different points in my life, and I never sought popularity it just sort of happened. It was easier to become more of a loner when I was married and raising my family but now that the kids are grown and I'm divorcing I have to do things to make friends again...and I've gotten kind of lazy and selfish with my time so it's not easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships