Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:30 PM

76 posts, read 108,507 times

Advertisements

Just for the sake of throwing out numbers lets say in the 28 to 55 year old age group. through these years if your back on the market its usually not a first relationship for either of you and kids are many times part of the package. How many different dates would you say you go on before you find someone that may not be your first choice but that you can say was at least good to/for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 03:28 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
More than 6 but less than 12. I didn't date anyone awful but some were better than others. In one way or another, they were all good for me. I needed to learn a lot.

I did my settling the first time. My standards were much higher the second time around. I didn't settle at all this time. And I'll never settle again!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:30 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVAmale View Post
Just for the sake of throwing out numbers lets say in the 28 to 55 year old age group.
28 to 55 = older people? LOL

Old 01-12-2010, 03:34 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,379 times
Older? Hum.
Well, I usually know within a couple of dates if I'd like to continue or not. However, it sometimes takes more time to find out if there is a real connection or not.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM

76 posts, read 108,507 times
Ok let me kill older....lol
All I mean is people not just entering the dating scene.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVAmale View Post
Just for the sake of throwing out numbers lets say in the 28 to 55 year old age group. through these years if your back on the market its usually not a first relationship for either of you and kids are many times part of the package. How many different dates would you say you go on before you find someone that may not be your first choice but that you can say was at least good to/for you.

You are kidding right! I would give anything just to be 28 again, never considered that age as older. Now in my early 50's i must be ancient to you. Better get a check up fast.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I'm 50 and am back in the market, sort of. By that I mean I will soon be free to date if I choose, but more likely I wont' be looking for another mate. If it happens then great, but I think once you've "been there/done that" it's not the most important thing anymore. I will only date as long as it's fun for me but I don't have to settle for anything because I don't need anything.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:55 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm 50 and am back in the market, sort of. By that I mean I will soon be free to date if I choose, but more likely I wont' be looking for another mate. If it happens then great, but I think once you've "been there/done that" it's not the most important thing anymore. I will only date as long as it's fun for me but I don't have to settle for anything because I don't need anything.
That was me some ....OK, quite some.... years ago, Ceece. I was divorced at 48 and kinda, sorta re-entered the "market" at age 50. The last thing I was looking for was another mate. But I discovered that love can come best when you're looking for it least. Be careful. It took one date and the rest is history.

In my "defense," that date was with a five-year friend.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:57 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I'm 33, and I'm not sure I like being lumped in with 'the older' crowd. LOL!

Pretty much tell after one date. Married now, though.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:57 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
I found myself "back on the market" twice during that age range, the first at age 47 from divorce and the second at age 50 as a widower.

The first time I hit the mother lode on my first date. (We'd met online and exchanged numerous emails before the date.) We were like two pieces of a puzzle that fit together perfectly.

The second time... whew! I dated a LOT of women before I remarried... kinda went nutz. I think an even dozen that got somewhat serious -- beyond the just friends status -- and maybe another dozen or so that never went beyond friendship. Actually, I'd met my (current) wife halfway through that string of women, but it took a couple years before we became monogamous to each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships