Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 09:09 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times

Advertisements

You come across like you're obsessed.
you won't listen to anyone's thoughts, and you won't just let it drop.

You're beginning to sound like a crazy.
honestly, you need to give yourself a good shake, get your act together, and forget about this woman..
It sounds like you are trying to play a game, but only she knows all the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croye22 View Post
I don't know. I'm not necessary a "nice" guy per say. I'm always edgy and moody at work, I'll sometimes have an icy attitude or an "I don't really care" attitude. Anyhow, I usually only see her for like 15 minutes at the most everyday, and that's it.

I don't really contact her or anything outside of work simply because well I'm not much of a phone or texting person

I'm too young to be boggled down by all of this, and I am soo confused. Some part of me wants to snap on her and show her just how devious I can be while another part of me wants to alienate her completely from my life regardless how impossible.

I mean, she seems kinda immature at times as well, man I'm just so confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 09:14 AM

964 posts, read 3,160,256 times
Not really obsessed. I've said it before that I'm also under a lot of stress lately from school and work, well mainly work. Just that, I feel betrayed, but yeah. I think I am going to forget about her and at least try and keep my distance from her at work. I mean, I basically ignored her when I first started knowing her and all.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:54 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Not really obsessed. I've said it before that I'm also under a lot of stress lately from school and work, well mainly work. Just that, I feel betrayed, but yeah. I think I am going to forget about her and at least try and keep my distance from her at work. I mean, I basically ignored her when I first started knowing her and all.

Hold onto that thought. I can almost promise you that if you schedule a physical activity class/course after work ---by focusing on what needs to be done to strengthen your body you are going to begin the think more clearly. It took about 4 weeks for me to experience the effect but the discipline of the activity was good for me---mental fortitude. We could all be crying about many things that go on in this world but I really admire those who 'suck it up' or whatever and keep moving forward.

Spent enough time 'longing for what should never be' to know that is never going to work.

Just tell yourself--I could do this --but I have choices and I am going to make a different choice. 'I don't need/want 'potato Chips'--when I really prefer steak or apple pie'. Something like that.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:57 AM

Thanks. I already have an idea in hand. I wanted to get back into weightlifting and reap the benefits while I am still young. Plus, I have my whole life ahead of me and a potential future since I'm in college. I feel a bit sunnier now and in the mood for some steak and pie

Old 01-13-2010, 11:03 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
The age gap between a 31 year old woman and a 23 year old man is complicated enough - add in children and my advice would be to not seek any sort of relationship with her other than the one which involves the workplace.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:29 AM

yeah, maybe you're right. Damn me for not pursuing that girl in my poli sci class last semester then

out of curiosity, is it bad to flirt a little with girls though? I want to change, and well i want to try in small steps.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:04 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,404 times
Quote:
I'm too young to be boggled down by all of this
Yes! Now stop wasting your days off over-analyzing this. Go do something FUN!
Quote:
Some part of me wants to snap on her and show her just how devious I can be while another part of me wants to alienate her completely from my life regardless how impossible.
What good would it do you to snap on her? None. Only purpose it will serve is showing her and everyone else that you're crazy. Just let it go, stop worrying about the situation, deal with her at work when you need to and enjoy life!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,841 times
your at work
shes 30 you are 20
shes got kids

how many bail out signs you need there bud?

Old 01-13-2010, 02:57 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
yeah, maybe you're right. Damn me for not pursuing that girl in my poli sci class last semester then

out of curiosity, is it bad to flirt a little with girls though? I want to change, and well i want to try in small steps.

I'm certain others will have better advice on 'flirting'. You give it a go---get some sort of response---if the interest is there--you know and it continues, perhaps turns into a relationship.

If you make an attempt, the response is vague---and you try again and it's still not 'Yes'---I don't know how much more you need to try before you move on. There seem to be a lot of movies with guys in this situation---good for a few lol's if nothing else.

If you are really focused on your future, doing well in courses and living a life of integrity---then the people/women that would make better partners will be the same. You might find a study partner--since you say you are still in college. Or you might get involved in some sort of volunteer project---people who choose those sorts of activities ---I guess they see a bigger picture?

Whole people---you always want to look for the whole people--respectful, responsible and generally goal oriented and courteous.

I'm certain I'm old enough to be your grandmother but ---'Class' is timeless. Be a person of integrity at all times and that includes making some decisions like---'Is this something I 'want' ---just for the moment'? And decididng 'What do I Need'---list the qualities that you really want in a future partner and compare this woman and others to what you feel you deserve.

Maybe that 'cheesy' advice. Always set the goals high--I've known many people who did well with that philosophy.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:37 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,383 times
Maybe you could ask her to do something one more time, but that's it! It sounds like she's jerking you around. I was in a similar situation over 3 years ago, somebody I know even me told this girl had a reputation for jerking guys around and I still gave her the benfit of the doubt, but in the end, got jerked around. This is why I respect women who can tell it like it is, instead of playing games. Not saying all women do this, but alot lead guys on just for the purpose of leading a guy on and nothing more. Some girls even admit to this. Whether this girl you work with is feeding you a line of **** or has legit reasons is anybody's guess. I'm just judging from my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships