Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 01:48 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,234,653 times

Advertisements

You've got one of the most important parts covered (church) so just take it slow and easy and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

You're at a perfect time in your life! Also, just be yourself. (he sounds nice)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 12:32 AM

134 posts, read 286,107 times
***UPDATE****The date went well . I really had a good time. We saw Avatar in IMAX 3-D. (GREAT movie for anyone who is interested). This was my 2nd time seeing it and his 1st. Prior to the movie he sent me a text asking if I wanted any movie candy! (how sweet/thoughtful). Great minds think a like, cause I had already picked up swedish fish for both of us, but I told him I enjoy raisinets. So he brought me a box. He had also bought the tickets online in advance and was already in line when I got there-- (the IMAX line forms an hour before the movie for some reason). Anyway, we had to wait in line for 40 minutes so we basically talked about everything and nothing. Conversation was fun, flirty, and somewhat serious. We did talk about me going to Haiti (I'm a Nurse) and he was very encouraging of it.
I enjoy his company, and he REALLY makes me laugh, and I am attracted to that, however a small part of me can't help but feel like I should be alarmed that he hasn't ask me any of the typical "getting to know you" questions that men normally ask. He's never even asked if I am single...LOL! At times I think he's shy, but I honestly don't know? This was only our 2nd "date" so I probably need to chillax, right? LOL....and it was a movie at that, which is not conducive to that kind of convo!? Again this is new for me so maybe there's no need to raise the red flags just yet? Thoughts????

Old 01-17-2010, 12:50 AM

557 posts, read 1,352,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiled1 View Post
Awww thanks SexyBrownEyes, that is very reassuring for me!
Sounds like a great start!

Be cautious but optimistic, get to know him! I would never ask a woman about previous relationships, or who they are dating, or IF they are dating, on a first or second date! Keep it simple and wait for the right moment to ask these questions is how I would handle it. Yes I am shy and (I hope) good natured, but not too shy to get to know someone.

Now if you progress beyond the point of flirting, fun, a couple dates - and he doesn't ask these questions, that is cause for concern. For now, it sounds like something is a-happenin!

If he does not investigate you after a few dates and some serious convo, make sure you investigate him and ask him questions. I personally know GOOD ones and BAD ones (men and women, but talking men). The bad ones are in it for themselves, not thinking of you and your life and it will become obvious in time what the intentions really are.

Cautiously optimistic!

Best of luck and have fun!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriInNH View Post
Sounds like a great start!

Be cautious but optimistic, get to know him! I would never ask a woman about previous relationships, or who they are dating, or IF they are dating, on a first or second date! Keep it simple and wait for the right moment to ask these questions is how I would handle it. Yes I am shy and (I hope) good natured, but not too shy to get to know someone.

Now if you progress beyond the point of flirting, fun, a couple dates - and he doesn't ask these questions, that is cause for concern. For now, it sounds like something is a-happenin!

Good luck to you and have fun!
LOL, Thank you. I'm learning to SLOW myself down. Needless to say, he's like no other guy I've dated therefore things seem odd when I guess they are not. It's my fear of the unknown I guess...

Old 01-17-2010, 04:41 PM

Old 01-19-2010, 09:34 PM

I have two tickets to a NBA basketball game for Saturday night ...I wanna ask him out, but I'm nervous! I don't wanna look like I am "trying to hard". I enjoy his company and would love to spend another Saturday night with him. Thoughts?!!!

Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,522,817 times
Quote:
I have two tickets to a NBA basketball game for Saturday night ...I wanna ask him out, but I'm nervous! I don't wanna look like I am "trying to hard". I enjoy his company and would love to spend another Saturday night with him. Thoughts?!!!
Yeah, ask him out ya big dummy! Even if he didn't like you he would still be all over it. I don't think you have to worry about rejection on that one.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:52 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,462,828 times
Quote:
Ask him out. This is the 21st century. I'd be totally flattered if I were him and you asked me. The furthest thing from my mind would be that you were 'desperate' or trying to hard. Instead, I'd be thinking, "hey, this girl likes me...yay !!"

Old 01-19-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Yeah, ask him out ya big dummy! Even if he didn't like you he would still be all over it. I don't think you have to worry about rejection on that one.
LMAO!!! Thanks for "keeping it real"! You sound like my female friend who said, he's a man and its basketball, so of course he'll go!! LOL!.I'm just really nervous because I like him a lot and hope he feels the same. So I would like for him to accept because it'd give him another opportunity to spend time with me, but guess I can't compete with basketball huh?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,522,817 times
Quote:
LMAO!!! Thanks for "keeping it real"! You sound like my female friend who said, he's a man and its basketball, so of course he'll go!! LOL!.I'm just really nervous because I like him a lot and hope he feels the same. So I would like for him to accept because it'd give him another opportunity to spend time with me, but guess I can't compete with basketball huh?
He's not TVSG. I would hope you wouldn't have to compete over basketball. As far as asking him, just be really casual about it.

Just say you got a couple tickets to that game and if can have first dibs if he'd like to go. And if he says no, just drop kick him in the nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships