Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 08:09 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,350,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
From the article I posted:
- The husband is being held on rape charges
- Police are looking for the attacker, no word on whether he'll face charges, will probably subpoena Craigslist to find him

There may be an update since then--this happened last summer. These kind of stories have a frustrating tendency to disappear after the initial shock value has been cashed in.
I found a follow up story, that said the rapist was found. This was added:

"The victim's husband was also in the room and backed away, watching the attack, investigators said.
At one point, the woman managed to grab the knife the suspect had put on the bed and threw it toward her husband, who did nothing to stop the attack, police said.
After the rape, the suspect told the woman to go into a bathroom, according to police documents. After the attacker left, the husband told his wife to take a shower and not call 911, the documents added."

I thought he at least was hiding in a closet, pretending to not be home!! And to do this while his children were home?

That poor woman not only went through a rape, but watched as her husband did nothing to protect her, then finds out he planned it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post

"The victim's husband was also in the room and backed away, watching the attack, investigators said.
At one point, the woman managed to grab the knife the suspect had put on the bed and threw it toward her husband, who did nothing to stop the attack, police said.
After the rape, the suspect told the woman to go into a bathroom, according to police documents. After the attacker left, the husband told his wife to take a shower and not call 911, the documents added."

I thought he at least was hiding in a closet, pretending to not be home!! And to do this while his children were home?

That poor woman not only went through a rape, but watched as her husband did nothing to protect her, then finds out he planned it all.
Oh my Lord, that's awful! I wonder why she didn't stab the guy. I would have.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:22 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post

Thanks for taking the time to to dig for the follow-up What a freaky-ass story. Wow.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:31 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,350,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh my Lord, that's awful! I wonder why she didn't stab the guy. I would have.
You're right!!! WTH? I would've stabbed him too! Something doesn't seem right there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to to dig for the follow-up What a freaky-ass story. Wow.
You're welcome!

Old 01-13-2010, 09:34 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Where, exactly, does that line get drawn? People are into all sorts of things, and I do mean ALL sorts of things. If you are a prospective partner and you fail to satisfy those things, you're not a prospective partner for very long at all.

So where does that line get drawn?

I've known women who confessed having rape fantasies to me, and I've known a few of them to later cry "rape" when they slept with men they regretted sleeping with. Talk about a loaded gun.
This falls cleanly under the Steve McNair and Phil Hartman rule....NEVER EVER have sex with crazy women....even if they are hot.

Just run. Run far and fast.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:46 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
When I was in my early 20's I had a friend that was into graphic novels etc. and was in a comic shop in downtown Chicago with him. That shop also had an x-rated section and almost all of the stuff is Japanese.

Anyway, these two guys working there were reading this Japanese magazine (x-rated comic) and they were like....check this out...it's MESSED UP. So, glancing over it briefly the storyline was that the dad was having his daughter abducted raped and murdered while he watched. >.< Horrified is a gross understatement.

I see all of these abductions etc. and seriously wonder just how many people like this are out there, mentally ill, never got caught etc. Then you hear stories about "snuff films" and also all the abductions of girls in Mexico to work in sex rings in the US and just want to cry. Well actually, I'd prefer to have them all gunned down...

Old 01-13-2010, 09:58 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
...a 27 year old marine who was browsing through the Craigslist personals and saw an ad posted by woman looking for someone who likes rough sex. So he responded to the ad, exchanged a few emails with the woman and agreed to meet. She had a sexual fantasy about being raped so the marine showed up at her house and raped her at knife point.
What happened next was crazy, it turns out the woman's ex boyfriend, also a marine was the one who posted the ad and he ended up raping an innocent woman.
He was arrested being charged with rape.

Now my question is, would you pull something like this just to get back at your ex?
Oh my gosh...there are just as many evil people as there are stupid. This example just proved it.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:01 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,282,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Mr. Cat, are you hungover this morning? Only someone with serious mental issues would do such a thing.
LOL - and only someone who wants to be flamed would admit it!

Old 01-13-2010, 10:03 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Where, exactly, does that line get drawn? People are into all sorts of things, and I do mean ALL sorts of things. If you are a prospective partner and you fail to satisfy those things, you're not a prospective partner for very long at all.

So where does that line get drawn?

I've known women who confessed having rape fantasies to me, and I've known a few of them to later cry "rape" when they slept with men they regretted sleeping with. Talk about a loaded gun.
The only case scenario that I can think of when rape fantasy can be fulfilled is with a woman that you are happily married to and even then it could be dangerous. You really need to know the person well to know that she is not about to get you in trouble, otherwise it's just stupid. How can anyone go ahead with it just from talking on craiglist is beyond me. That woman's ex is probably in disbelief now that he was actually able to pull it off.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:18 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,332,413 times
I wouldn't mind getting raped by 3 women on CD. Who are they? Hahahahaha!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships