Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 09:18 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,907 times

Advertisements

Let's say some guy (not me) has a particularly nasty habit of not reciprocating interest, even when he is interested. Up to a certain point this encourages certain girls to try harder. But if nothing is returned, sooner or later they give up (obviously).

Now, what if the guy later comes to his senses and gets up the courage to let you know that he was in fact interested when you tried to make something happen.

Would it be too late? Would you be suspicious that he's playing games with you? Or would you give it a shot and see where things go?

Does your answer change depending on how hot you think he is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 09:31 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,017,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Let's say some guy (not me) has a particularly nasty habit of not reciprocating interest, even when he is interested. Up to a certain point this encourages certain girls to try harder. But if nothing is returned, sooner or later they give up (obviously).

Now, what if the guy later comes to his senses and gets up the courage to let you know that he was in fact interested when you tried to make something happen.

Would it be too late? YES Would you be suspicious that he's playing games with you? YES Or would you give it a shot and see where things go? NO

Does your answer change depending on how hot you think he is? NO
See my answers in bold. I CAN'T STAND this sort of thing, and I've dealt with something like it fairly recently. I'm an open and honest person and I expect people to behave like adults.

Why on Earth should we gals "try harder?" Either you like us or you don't. If you do -- great! Let's spend time together and enjoy each other's company. If you don't, that's fine. Don't waste my time or expect to reappear at some point and be greeted with jubilation. I would hope that no woman is that desperate.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Up to a certain point this encourages certain girls to try harder.
I've tried harder to save marriages. Trying harder to get the attention of a random dude...? Ain't gonna happen.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:36 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,032,605 times
1. He pulls the whole oh-I'm-going-to-spill-my-guts-to-you-over-text-about-how-much-I-really-really-really-like-you spiel and then doesn't follow up with it in person. If you're really as interested as you claim to be, then act like it. I only bring out the fangs on Tuesdays.

2. He tries to do the "love triangle" thing. I'm not the type to throw myself at a guy and just because you decide to bring out Ms. Hottie doesn't mean I'm now going to drive myself bat$hit crazy trying to get your attention. I'm not into guys who like to make their girls jump through 394073 hoops. I don't do that with guys I'm interested in.

3. If he was hooking up with other girls right after he told me how much he liked me. I'm not a twit.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:42 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,913,478 times
by then I would have my eye on someone new and just think "on to the next" unless it was my highschool crush , but thats another story

Old 01-13-2010, 09:47 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,967,001 times
When his dong looks like an expired candy cane. j/k

Old 01-13-2010, 09:47 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,256,201 times
Quote:

Would it be too late? Would you be suspicious that he's playing games with you? Or would you give it a shot and see where things go?

Does your answer change depending on how hot you think he is?
Well old Rugged, doesn't do that. Some guys used to try it on Sis. Refraise that, a lot of guys were calling so she could pick and choose who she wanted. Lucky for my BIL that my Dad and I put in a good word! It was the best decision we made! Rugged

Old 01-13-2010, 09:53 PM

174 posts, read 374,330 times
At what point does a woman decide she's had enough and chooses an alternative relationship?

Old 01-13-2010, 10:29 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
See my answers in bold. I CAN'T STAND this sort of thing, and I've dealt with something like it fairly recently. I'm an open and honest person and I expect people to behave like adults.
Ah but most people DON'T behave like adults. They're riddled with fears and doubts and make all sorts of irrational decisions, it's the human way

Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,769 times
If he's into the ''I'll be now acting like a total jerk to get her attention'' and starts playing mind games.... Guess what? Bye I'm no longer interest....

Last edited by Sunflower_lol; 01-13-2010 at 10:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships