Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:11 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,336,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne5 View Post
Not only is he a stalker, he is pathological liar and perhaps even a sociopath.

For the sake of your children (since you don't have enough respect for yourself ) cease all contact with him.

No, not even friends, do not be his friend, he is not friend material. You have managed to live your life without him before. Get a grip on yourself and move on.
Appreciate the jabs. Much help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 07:18 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,554,680 times
Good luck to you! I hope underneath the lying charmer, this guy is just a mess with no self-esteem and not something worse.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:25 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,584,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post

I've told him many times. Told him I need space, and he has to stop lying. He knows everything I know about him. I've given him two chances now, and I'm just tired.

I really don't want to hurt him, which is why I hoped we could remain friends. I was falling in love with him before all of the lies started. But now I know I can never trust him enough to have a romantic relationship with him, and it's looking like we can't even be friends either.

Then you are not telling him in a voice that he believes!
You need to tell him,what you truly mean, and this does not mean let him get by with calling you, or stopping by and spending the weekend, after you ask him not to. Be firm in your decisions!

Old 01-13-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Good luck to you! I hope underneath the lying charmer, this guy is just a mess with no self-esteem and not something worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Then you are not telling him in a voice that he believes!
You need to tell him,what you truly mean, and this does not mean let him get by with calling you, or stopping by and spending the weekend, after you ask him not to. Be firm in your decisions!
Thank you both for your concern and talking to me without judgment. I guess I've known I was going to have to end the friendship, I just really hoped maybe someone would be able to say, hey, I went through this, and I did this, and now we're great friends! Haha...wishful thinking.

I'm really dreading doing it, but I know I must break all ties with him. I'm just the type of person that hates hurting people, and would rather find a compromise, but there doesn't seem to be one this time.

Thank you to everyone for all the replies and the advice given. Time to "man up" and tell him.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:56 PM

174 posts, read 454,583 times
Default Deductive Reasoning

Quote:
Appreciate the jabs. Much help.

It is not meant as a jab, it's called deductive reasoning.

Allowing someone to lie to you over and over shows lack of respect for yourself.
Ex boyfriend is a liar.
Mz allows ex-boyfriend to lie to her repeatedly.
Mz lacks respect for herself.

Truly, is putting up with someone who lies to you your idea of respect?
You continue to make excuses for this liar to make yourself feel better about someone who doesn't respect you. This implies that you have no respect for yourself.

I suspected that awakening your natural protective maternal instincts might help. Is this the kind of friend you want around your children?

And, no he will never change.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne5 View Post
It is not meant as a jab, it's called deductive reasoning.

Allowing someone to lie to you over and over shows lack of respect for yourself.
Ex boyfriend is a liar.
Mz allows ex-boyfriend to lie to her repeatedly.
Mz lacks respect for herself.

Truly, is putting up with someone who lies to you your idea of respect?
You continue to make excuses for this liar to make yourself feel better about someone who doesn't respect you. This implies that you have no respect for yourself.

I suspected that awakening your natural protective maternal instincts might help. Is this the kind of friend you want around your children?

And, no he will never change.
Now see, the attitude in this post I could have handled just fine. You're right, if I allow anyone to continue to lie to me, I'm not demanding the respect I deserve.

I've never made an excuse for his lies, just for the record. I'm just saying that he can be a very good man otherwise. Yet I know that lying is too big a deal to overlook, which is why 1) I broke up with him, and 2) I'm breaking all ties with him now.

Thank you also, for worrying about my children. You're right, I don't want someone who lies around them.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,629,704 times
Quote:
Thank you both for your concern and talking to me without judgment. I guess I've known I was going to have to end the friendship, I just really hoped maybe someone would be able to say, hey, I went through this, and I did this, and now we're great friends! Haha...wishful thinking.

I'm really dreading doing it, but I know I must break all ties with him. I'm just the type of person that hates hurting people, and would rather find a compromise, but there doesn't seem to be one this time.

Thank you to everyone for all the replies and the advice given. Time to "man up" and tell him.
I am so glad you came to this conclusion. This guy is definitely toxic and I have a feeling he won't go away easily. I went through this and it turned very ugly. Change your locks and cut off all contact. Good luck.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:03 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,035,440 times
I honestly don't think we stressed enough that you need to change your locks and be much more wary of your surroundings, especially initially - next couple of months should tell.

Seriously, heed our warnings. I think you're only seeing the surface.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:09 PM

40,919 posts, read 48,863,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I honestly don't think we stressed enough that you need to change your locks and be much more wary of your surroundings, especially initially - next couple of months should tell.

Seriously, heed our warnings. I think you're only seeing the surface.
There is an old saying that someone who will lie to you will also steal from you. I have found this to be true since you can't trust either a liar or a thief.

I agree with NYA, change your locks.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:19 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,330,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I am so glad you came to this conclusion. This guy is definitely toxic and I have a feeling he won't go away easily. I went through this and it turned very ugly. Change your locks and cut off all contact. Good luck.

I agree. This guy sounds like bad news, and potentially dangerous. I mean, who goes into someone's home after they break-up? Crazy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships